Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
Has anyone done a detox diet/cleanse >

Has anyone done a detox diet/cleanse

Community
Notices

Has anyone done a detox diet/cleanse

Old 01-02-2017, 09:26 PM
FitDay Member

Consider adding a natural foods supplement to help the body detox. Try sea salts or herbal tea daily at morning. Ease into the diet with non-processed foods that don't include meats or dairy product . Ease out of the diet the same way to get your body used to whole foods again and to prevent nausea
Old 01-02-2017, 09:38 PM
FitDay Member

Raw/alkaline diet is a temporary cleanse consisting of consuming uncooked fruits and vegetables along with raw nuts, seeds, and sprouts. This diet helps detoxify your colon and liver
Old 01-02-2017, 11:23 PM
FitDay Member

Not really a fan of detox diets... I just try to eat clean as much as possible, seems to work for me.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:43 PM
FitDay Member

always important to detox safely. research thoroughly so you know exactly what you are putting in your body.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:44 PM
FitDay Member

Wink Detox Tips from PopDQ

Based on Sophie Cot from PopDQ (Questions and Answers by Expert - Questions and Answers by Experts), this is her detox method for 3 days:

By following a detox regularly, you give all your organs a rest and it helps you to have a healthier life :-)

Some precautions:
- do not fast or detox on water alone. Instead follow a live-juice/green smoothie diet which will both remove toxins and promotes healing by supplying the body with nutrients, vitamins, minerals.
- Do not fast or detox more than 3 days without the supervision of a qualified health care professional.
- If you have any chronic disease, diabetes, hypoglycemia...., your detox should be supervised by a doctor and of course no detox for pregnant and lactating women :-)

procedure:
Before your detox:
Avoid or severely reduce :
- process food
- Trans fat
- Sugar
- Alcohol
- Red meat
- Processed flour products like bread and pasta
- Commercial milk
- Coffee and black tea.

Eat a lot of organic raw vegetables, good fat (avocado, coconut flesh, soaked nuts, olive oil...). Small amounts of organic fruits low in fructose (berries, citrus, kiwi). Medium sized amount of good starches like brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes...

Small amounts of organic cultured dairy if you are not intolerant. Drink lots of water and herbal tea (no sugar added).

During your detox:
Consume 3 to 4 live-juice/green smoothie per day. The goal is not to starve yourself :-)

How to prepare your smoothie:
- Take one or a combination of these vegetables: cucumber, zucchini, spinach, celery, lettuce, fennel..
- Add one or a combination of these good fats: avocado, coconut oil, flaxseed oil...
- Choose one of the following protein source: help, brown rice,
- Take one or a combination action of these super foods: spirulina, pollen, chia seeds...
- Add some fruits. Low fructose berries, kiwi fruits are great.
Drink a lot water with fresh lemon juice as well as some herbal teas and if you live in a country with fresh coconuts, you can drink fresh coconut water full of enzymes.
You can add some fibers like psyllium husk to be sure that you cleanse your colon during the detox and you should go for bowel movements at least 2 or 3 times per day.

Do not chew gum during your detox.

During your detox, be sure to get adequate rest. It s better to follow a detox when you re off. If necessary, try napping during the day to re barge your batteries.

During your detox, avoid any strenuous exercise but you can continue moderate exercise. Try to meditate, breathe, read inspiring books and do a digital detox at the same time to clean your mind.

After the detox:
Follow the same diet than your pre -detox for at least 3 days. The desired effects of the detox can be ruined by eating cooked foods immediately afterwards.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 02-15-2017 at 02:53 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 05-26-2017, 09:47 PM
FitDay Member

Have you heard of candlenut? It is a well known detoxifier. May be it can help you.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

I tried detox herbal tea didnt like the taste at first but it works. as long you keep taking the tea. you just need to suck it up and drink it since it has a awful smell
Old 08-16-2017, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tea

I agree with the fact that sometimes when people detox it totally strips your body of the good minerals and enzymes as well as the bad ones. I tried juices detoxes and they're just a little too harsh for me.

A friend recommended this tea and it was perfect. She said to try it in the morning on an empty stomach and it'll balance you out for the day. It REALLY cleans you out in the morning (if you know what I mean) and just gives you a fresh feeling for the day.

amazon.com/dp/B072QQZ5DG

Last edited by Kathy13118; 08-16-2017 at 04:38 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 08-23-2017, 04:20 PM
FitDay Member

Your body detoxes itself automatically... if it didn't you'd be dead (or at least very sick!). The only diet you need to follow is one with plenty of fresh fruit and veg, lean meats, fish, nuts, seeds, beans, legumes and unrefined carbs. Avoid alcohol, sugar and artificial sweeteners.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:16 PM
FitDay Member

Detox is great but not for sustainable weight loss. You might momentarily lose weight, but it will be only due to your stomach emptying out, not because you lose fat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.