FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   LCHF diet? anybody? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/14452-lchf-diet-anybody.html)

reellady 10-01-2016 04:16 PM

LCHF diet? anybody?

I am beginning this tomorrow. Just wondering if any other LCHF folks on here. thanks.

Kathy13118 10-02-2016 02:35 AM

LCHF = Low carb High Fat?

SherryTracy 10-02-2016 08:45 PM

you are right about two things... first, lchf is a good dietary lifestyle change... second, your first loss is water weight, because carbs tend to cause more water retention... it takes at least a week for the body to start to adjust from a sugar burner to a fat burner, and you need to drink more water with a bit of salt too... i had some loss the first month, but it really took off in the second month...

reellady 10-03-2016 07:24 AM

thanks. boy, when I start really documenting what I eat, I find it amazing that 20 carbs add up fast. I somehow duplicated my shakes yesterday and cannot find on here how to delete qty of 3 or 4 instead of just one. I assume it on here somewhere.

01gt4.6 10-03-2016 10:54 AM

I'm just stating it again.

jk94114 10-09-2016 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 122912)
I'm just stating it again.

I've been doing lchf for 4 months now, and I too was shocked at how little 20 grams of carbs ends up being. I religiously tracked everything I ate for the first month. After the first month I found I got into a routine and had a pretty good handle on the carb content of whatever I was eating without tracking. (That said, I did stall for a couple of weeks which caused me to take a closer look at my diet. The culprit? Diet Coke!!! As soon as I cut out the artificial sweeteners I started losing weight again. Go figure,)

I love this WOE, and intend to continue for the rest of my life. Down 30 lbs so far, and feeling great. Good luck to all who have chosen to take the path less travelled by following lchf!

lballiro 10-10-2016 07:25 AM

I've just started really trying to balance fats, carbs and proteins. I've been trying for a week to get the right grams of everything and the right number of calories, but I am always at the correct grams for each long before the calorie limit. EG. I'm supposed to eat 1200 calories a day, 33 grams of fat, 120 grams of carbs ( I think this is high and prefer 100), and 45 grams of protein but no matter what I do, I end up with 800-900 calories and I've reached the max on everything, sometimes going over one or two of the macros. The limits were given to me by a licensed nutritionist from highly acclaimed hospital. I'm using the food lists she gave me and recipes from live strong - can't follow the recipes exactly because it takes me over on fat and protein. Anyone else have this problem, I've read that it doesn't matter if you go over fat or protein, but I don't believe that. I do 20-30 minutes of HIT everyday.

Fitandhealthycarol 10-11-2016 06:42 AM

iballiro, I would increase protein. 45 gm of protein isn't very much. I would double check to see if that is really what the nutritionist recommended. And you do realize this is not low carb, right? It doesn't matter, but you did post in a low carb thread.

Good luck to you!

keto-Kid 10-14-2016 06:58 AM

This is my second time around doing Keto. The first time, last fall, I lost 25 pounds in 52 days. It was the only "diet" I've ever been on where I wasn't hungry all the time and didn't have cravings. Still, I fell off the wagon over the holidays last year and never got back on. Probably seems silly to be starting again now with the holidays just around the corner but I'm doing so to prove to myself that this can be a real lifestyle change and not just another diet. Wish you all success.

fzeiv000 02-21-2017 11:49 PM

I am starting it today again.

I lost 87 pounds over 2015-2016 LCHF.

It is amazing what things do have hidden carbs.

Good luck I am trying to loose 50 pounds this time but over time.

rockheron 02-24-2017 05:39 AM

My blood glucose level at Thanksgiving,,was 254(type 2 diabetis indicatior)

After finding youTube videos on LCHF lifestyle and Intermittent fasting.the numbers have gone down .(112-140 range)

weight change (-32 lbs)

using 20gm. net carbs as a guideline..I use the fitday calculator and log everything.net carbs=carbohydrates - fiber.

fit day makes it easy to figure out.

mbielik24 03-04-2017 12:55 AM

Well done Rockheron!
LCHF diet is the way to go for a healthy lifestyle. 8 months ago I started to follow the Primal Blueprint / Primal Endurance approach. I'm not someone that had health issues or was overweight, but I felt that I was not living optimally and my food consumption was a big part of that. I exercised a ton and felt that enabled me to eat anything and everything (known as the human trash can at work). I haven't had a donut or candy bar and have no desire for any processed sugar foods. I've lost weight (fat) and can notice more lean muscle and it's great not being beholden to my appetite because I can go for long periods without food and feel fine since I'm more keto-adapted. To anyone reading, I would say give it a shot (but a real chance, you can't half-a$$ it, your body knows) for at least 21 days and you'll be impressed.

anshuman2390 03-04-2017 07:58 PM

Hey ...i have an whole bunch of info about various fat loss or muscle building diets ......check it out on Nutrition & Diet Tips
about Keto diet also i have written my experience ............

Heavens777 03-10-2017 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by lballiro (Post 122962)
I've just started really trying to balance fats, carbs and proteins. I've been trying for a week to get the right grams of everything and the right number of calories, but I am always at the correct grams for each long before the calorie limit. EG. I'm supposed to eat 1200 calories a day, 33 grams of fat, 120 grams of carbs ( I think this is high and prefer 100), and 45 grams of protein but no matter what I do, I end up with 800-900 calories and I've reached the max on everything, sometimes going over one or two of the macros. The limits were given to me by a licensed nutritionist from highly acclaimed hospital. I'm using the food lists she gave me and recipes from live strong - can't follow the recipes exactly because it takes me over on fat and protein. Anyone else have this problem, I've read that it doesn't matter if you go over fat or protein, but I don't believe that. I do 20-30 minutes of HIT everyday.

My numbers are 20 carbs , 81 protein , 91 fat so i'm concerned now that I don't have the right numbers for me. Yikes... :eek:

skornett 03-14-2017 10:32 PM

20 grams of carbs in considered LCHF. That post has the numbers mixed up. Go for 60-80%fat Moderat protien and super low carb and ketosis comes in a week or so

morphasia 04-15-2017 08:57 AM

I've been LCHF for years ... it's the best way for me. Sugar is just nasty and it's in pasta, bread, potatoes, a lot of starch foods, not just candy. The thing with LCHF is you really do need to be a purist. I don't know how many friends have said Oh I tried that and it didn't work, only for me to find out they eat bread with supper. Nope, not gonna work. The idea is to keep our bodies in a state of ketosis where its burning fat instead of sugar for energy. Lots of salt and health fats like avocado, regular mayo, butter, cream, etc.
A person really has to read a couple books to understand how LCHF works. Once you get past the flu-like symptoms that can hit the first week, you're home free. The weight loss speaks for itself.

morphasia 04-15-2017 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Heavens777 (Post 125880)
My numbers are 20 carbs , 81 protein , 91 fat so i'm concerned now that I don't have the right numbers for me. Yikes... :eek:

Not sure if you mean 20 "grams" of carbs? That's great. Another way to think about it is percentages. I'm in maintenance so I keep my grams of carbs anywhere from 10 to 50 grams per day. But my macros are usually 65% healthy fats, 25% protein and 10% carbs, with no concern whatsoever about "calories". Fitday food log is brilliant because after plugging in your food, it will tell you both your grams and macro counts. Couldn't ask for more :)