Notices
Like Tree5Likes

LCHF diet? anybody?

Old 10-01-2016, 04:16 PM
FitDay Member

Default LCHF diet? anybody?

I am beginning this tomorrow. Just wondering if any other LCHF folks on here. thanks.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

LCHF = Low carb High Fat?
Old 10-02-2016, 08:45 PM
FitDay Member

you are right about two things... first, lchf is a good dietary lifestyle change... second, your first loss is water weight, because carbs tend to cause more water retention... it takes at least a week for the body to start to adjust from a sugar burner to a fat burner, and you need to drink more water with a bit of salt too... i had some loss the first month, but it really took off in the second month...
Justamiragi likes this.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

thanks. boy, when I start really documenting what I eat, I find it amazing that 20 carbs add up fast. I somehow duplicated my shakes yesterday and cannot find on here how to delete qty of 3 or 4 instead of just one. I assume it on here somewhere.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

I'm just stating it again.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm just stating it again.
I've been doing lchf for 4 months now, and I too was shocked at how little 20 grams of carbs ends up being. I religiously tracked everything I ate for the first month. After the first month I found I got into a routine and had a pretty good handle on the carb content of whatever I was eating without tracking. (That said, I did stall for a couple of weeks which caused me to take a closer look at my diet. The culprit? Diet Coke!!! As soon as I cut out the artificial sweeteners I started losing weight again. Go figure,)

I love this WOE, and intend to continue for the rest of my life. Down 30 lbs so far, and feeling great. Good luck to all who have chosen to take the path less travelled by following lchf!
Justamiragi likes this.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

I've just started really trying to balance fats, carbs and proteins. I've been trying for a week to get the right grams of everything and the right number of calories, but I am always at the correct grams for each long before the calorie limit. EG. I'm supposed to eat 1200 calories a day, 33 grams of fat, 120 grams of carbs ( I think this is high and prefer 100), and 45 grams of protein but no matter what I do, I end up with 800-900 calories and I've reached the max on everything, sometimes going over one or two of the macros. The limits were given to me by a licensed nutritionist from highly acclaimed hospital. I'm using the food lists she gave me and recipes from live strong - can't follow the recipes exactly because it takes me over on fat and protein. Anyone else have this problem, I've read that it doesn't matter if you go over fat or protein, but I don't believe that. I do 20-30 minutes of HIT everyday.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:42 AM
FitDay Member

iballiro, I would increase protein. 45 gm of protein isn't very much. I would double check to see if that is really what the nutritionist recommended. And you do realize this is not low carb, right? It doesn't matter, but you did post in a low carb thread.

Good luck to you!
Old 10-14-2016, 06:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

This is my second time around doing Keto. The first time, last fall, I lost 25 pounds in 52 days. It was the only "diet" I've ever been on where I wasn't hungry all the time and didn't have cravings. Still, I fell off the wagon over the holidays last year and never got back on. Probably seems silly to be starting again now with the holidays just around the corner but I'm doing so to prove to myself that this can be a real lifestyle change and not just another diet. Wish you all success.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

I am starting it today again.

I lost 87 pounds over 2015-2016 LCHF.

It is amazing what things do have hidden carbs.

Good luck I am trying to loose 50 pounds this time but over time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.