LCHF diet? anybody?

Community
Notices
Like Tree5Likes

LCHF diet? anybody?

Old 02-24-2017, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

My blood glucose level at Thanksgiving,,was 254(type 2 diabetis indicatior)

After finding youTube videos on LCHF lifestyle and Intermittent fasting.the numbers have gone down .(112-140 range)

weight change (-32 lbs)

using 20gm. net carbs as a guideline..I use the fitday calculator and log everything.net carbs=carbohydrates - fiber.

fit day makes it easy to figure out.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Well done Rockheron!
LCHF diet is the way to go for a healthy lifestyle. 8 months ago I started to follow the Primal Blueprint / Primal Endurance approach. I'm not someone that had health issues or was overweight, but I felt that I was not living optimally and my food consumption was a big part of that. I exercised a ton and felt that enabled me to eat anything and everything (known as the human trash can at work). I haven't had a donut or candy bar and have no desire for any processed sugar foods. I've lost weight (fat) and can notice more lean muscle and it's great not being beholden to my appetite because I can go for long periods without food and feel fine since I'm more keto-adapted. To anyone reading, I would say give it a shot (but a real chance, you can't half-a$$ it, your body knows) for at least 21 days and you'll be impressed.
Justamiragi likes this.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:58 PM
FitDay Member

Hey ...i have an whole bunch of info about various fat loss or muscle building diets ......check it out on Nutrition & Diet Tips
about Keto diet also i have written my experience ............
Old 03-10-2017, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lballiro
I've just started really trying to balance fats, carbs and proteins. I've been trying for a week to get the right grams of everything and the right number of calories, but I am always at the correct grams for each long before the calorie limit. EG. I'm supposed to eat 1200 calories a day, 33 grams of fat, 120 grams of carbs ( I think this is high and prefer 100), and 45 grams of protein but no matter what I do, I end up with 800-900 calories and I've reached the max on everything, sometimes going over one or two of the macros. The limits were given to me by a licensed nutritionist from highly acclaimed hospital. I'm using the food lists she gave me and recipes from live strong - can't follow the recipes exactly because it takes me over on fat and protein. Anyone else have this problem, I've read that it doesn't matter if you go over fat or protein, but I don't believe that. I do 20-30 minutes of HIT everyday.
My numbers are 20 carbs , 81 protein , 91 fat so i'm concerned now that I don't have the right numbers for me. Yikes...
Old 03-14-2017, 10:32 PM
FitDay Member

20 grams of carbs in considered LCHF. That post has the numbers mixed up. Go for 60-80%fat Moderat protien and super low carb and ketosis comes in a week or so
Justamiragi likes this.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

I've been LCHF for years ... it's the best way for me. Sugar is just nasty and it's in pasta, bread, potatoes, a lot of starch foods, not just candy. The thing with LCHF is you really do need to be a purist. I don't know how many friends have said Oh I tried that and it didn't work, only for me to find out they eat bread with supper. Nope, not gonna work. The idea is to keep our bodies in a state of ketosis where its burning fat instead of sugar for energy. Lots of salt and health fats like avocado, regular mayo, butter, cream, etc.
A person really has to read a couple books to understand how LCHF works. Once you get past the flu-like symptoms that can hit the first week, you're home free. The weight loss speaks for itself.
Justamiragi likes this.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Heavens777
My numbers are 20 carbs , 81 protein , 91 fat so i'm concerned now that I don't have the right numbers for me. Yikes...
Not sure if you mean 20 "grams" of carbs? That's great. Another way to think about it is percentages. I'm in maintenance so I keep my grams of carbs anywhere from 10 to 50 grams per day. But my macros are usually 65% healthy fats, 25% protein and 10% carbs, with no concern whatsoever about "calories". Fitday food log is brilliant because after plugging in your food, it will tell you both your grams and macro counts. Couldn't ask for more