FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   Real Weight Loss Solutions (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/14445-real-weight-loss-solutions.html)

ThomasChristy 06-09-2017 12:29 AM

Trying to diet and lose weight is indeed an emotional issue, it's a long journey before you get in the right frame of mind, but good luck to all when you start.

waffle1 06-09-2017 09:04 AM

There have been numerous studies that show weight loss programs can work, but OP is right in suggesting they usually do not work for everyone. My hypothesis on why this is the case:
1. Most programs require fairly drastic changes from the beginning, which are fundamentally difficult to stick with for a long period of time. Think Atkins or a standard low-carb diet, which by design requires you to cut a lot of carbs at the beginning and slowly bring it back up. Many people just quit because that's unbearable. Weight Watchers and more standard calorie-restriction programs rarely have a ease-in phase, they'll just immediately assign you an amount of points or calories that is a big drop from what you're doing.
2. Many of these programs depend on repeat customers for their business... they don't really make money if you actually do lose the weight and keep it off.

Kathy13118 06-09-2017 02:27 PM

Most diets are going to have a caloric intake that is a definite drop from what you're used to. Slowly tapering off is just going to make weight loss slower than what people need to feel motivated - that is, I believe, the reason that diets require such big changes in the beginning.

Once you see the effects of changing your diet, you're more motivated to stick with the program, whatever it is, because you SAW the effects.

mandeep.wsu 10-19-2017 02:11 PM

Yea not an easy task for sure.

Noe! 02-12-2018 09:39 PM

boost your metabolism is the vital key to losing weight. Drink natural water before and after eating.

panchkarma27 06-04-2018 06:08 PM

Drinking water can boost metabolism by 24-30% over a period of 1-1.5 hours, helping you burn off a few more calories

ankitkumar 07-30-2018 06:09 PM

It is helpful to me.

Emma_Jones 08-02-2018 09:48 AM

For me green tea worked really very well. Losing weight now!

iamtomas 08-27-2018 02:38 AM

1. Good breakfast / 50/50 on carbs on protein
2. go to the gym a 1 hour later
3. workout for 30-40 minuts with 1 minut rest time beteen sets!
4. eat alot of protein right after your workout.
5. Stay away from carbs and sugar late on the evening

Stick with this and your body will change for the better!

jamesjohs075 10-08-2018 06:17 PM

The key to maintaining good health, when it comes to keto food choices is choosing nutrient-dense foods. Your overall health, wellbeing and how successful you are on any type of diet is directly affected by what you eat.