Weight Loss Tip 12 How Starving Your Body Can Make You Gain Weight >

Weight Loss Tip 12 How Starving Your Body Can Make You Gain Weight

Notices

Weight Loss Tip 12 How Starving Your Body Can Make You Gain Weight

Old 09-28-2016, 04:20 AM
Banned

Default Weight Loss Tip 12 How Starving Your Body Can Make You Gain Weight

No, that title is not a typo.

One of the things that makes people not get the weight loss results that they want is that they may occassionally be starving their bodies.

There are two basic ways that this can happen. One is for it to be done inadvertently—like when you just get busy and forget to eat.

Another is when you purpose deprive your body of food to try and “speed up” your results.

Regardless of how it happens, either scenario in this case is equally damaging. Although you will decrease the calories that you take in which may lead to some short-term weight loss, the kicker here is that you will be slowing down your metabolism.

What this means is that after the starving is over, your body will hold onto the next meal you eat for dear life, expecting be be starved again.

If you allow starvation to become a habit, you will actually be contributing to your own weight gain in the future.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by izack123
No, that title is not a typo.

One of the things that makes people not get the weight loss results that they want is that they may occassionally be starving their bodies.

There are two basic ways that this can happen. One is for it to be done inadvertently—like when you just get busy and forget to eat.

Another is when you purpose deprive your body of food to try and “speed up” your results.

Regardless of how it happens, either scenario in this case is equally damaging. Although you will decrease the calories that you take in which may lead to some short-term weight loss, the kicker here is that you will be slowing down your metabolism.

What this means is that after the starving is over, your body will hold onto the next meal you eat for dear life, expecting be be starved again.

If you allow starvation to become a habit, you will actually be contributing to your own weight gain in the future.
I really agree with this one.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:36 PM
FitDay Member

There's also a psychological effect to it. Thus when you starve yourself, you'll only making your body wanna eat more.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:35 PM
FitDay Member

A kick I'm hearing about is people getting on high fat, moderate protein, and low carb (basically greens only). A KETO diet or Atkins Phase I style diet. But, then people are adding "intermittent fasting" and it supposedly boosts insulin sensitivity which makes it easier to lose fat in the long run. So, they're letting their bodies turn to a ketogenic/ketosis state with the low carb diet, and eating in a smaller window each day. For example, 2PM to 10PM they'll eat their keto style diet. The other 16 hours they drink coffee or tea and eat broth. Sounds like a fad. But supposedly the science points to having lower insulin in your system for more hours per day helps increase insulin sensitivity and can straighten out other hormones, especially HGH and testosterone in guys. Heard of it? Or will it just make a person fatter? They say they don't get the psychological effect, because they know they will get ample food later. But it does lead to calorie deficits. It's pretty hard to pack a couple thousand calories into an 8 hour window, even if it sounds somewhat easy.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Red face

Originally Posted by Tern
A kick I'm hearing about is people getting on high fat, moderate protein, and low carb (basically greens only). A KETO diet or Atkins Phase I style diet. But, then people are adding "intermittent fasting" and it supposedly boosts insulin sensitivity which makes it easier to lose fat in the long run. So, they're letting their bodies turn to a ketogenic/ketosis state with the low carb diet, and eating in a smaller window each day. For example, 2PM to 10PM they'll eat their keto style diet. The other 16 hours they drink coffee or tea and eat broth. Sounds like a fad. But supposedly the science points to having lower insulin in your system for more hours per day helps increase insulin sensitivity and can straighten out other hormones, especially HGH and testosterone in guys. Heard of it? Or will it just make a person fatter? They say they don't get the psychological effect, because they know they will get ample food later. But it does lead to calorie deficits. It's pretty hard to pack a couple thousand calories into an 8 hour window, even if it sounds somewhat easy.
I too am interested in what the facts are for this....
Old 04-24-2017, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

I am trying this after following a deficit of around 500 cals daily, move more eat less with only losing a few pounds. It has upset family members so no support there. Is anyone tried it.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:17 PM
FitDay Member

thats a good one
Old 05-26-2017, 09:37 PM
FitDay Member

True that!!
Old 03-13-2018, 08:55 PM
FitDay Member

True
Old 03-21-2018, 09:13 PM
Banned

I don't think so that starvation is good for wight loss. Undoubtedly you will loose some calories but starvation can create some health issues too. I think proper diet plan and regular exercise can help you to achieve it, I also think that " Eating Better is More Important Than Counting Calories for Weight Loss".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.