Notices

Dukan diet

Old 06-09-2010, 10:42 PM
FitDay Member

Good luck partner! We can do this! Just try to eat different type of proteins daily. When you eat all day just chicken breast it get boring and you crave for other food.
So your attack phase will last 5 days? On Dukan diet site I calculated 3 days for me, but I'll try for whole week. Starting second phase from monday.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:54 PM
FitDay Member

Today is my 5th day! No cheat meals, everything is going as planed!
I guess its only water lost and I'm not bloated anymore, but... its a nice surprise.. I took measurements today and my waist is 2 cm down and my hips 1 cm down. woow
Two more day and I'll see if there are some changes in weight!
Old 06-11-2010, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

I can't wait to hear...2 days down, 3 to go. Although I haven't cheated at all, and I really have no terrible cravings, my weight has only changed .8 lbs. Not what I was hoping, but at least it's down. It's all good. I never thought I would look forward to vegetables this much though.

I will start Cruise Phase on Monday, so tell me if I've got this right. I still eat predominantly protein, but I start to slowly add non-starchy veg. Sorry to keep bothering you, but they don't seem to give much info on the web sites (I guess that's because they want you to buy the book).

Wait... wait ...wait...I think I got it... Day 1, all protien...Day 2. protien & non-starchy veg, and alternate back and forth ...is that right?

We can do this...I have faith. Good luck.

Ps. Can't figure out how to see your public profile.

Last edited by dizzy_44; 06-11-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:06 PM
FitDay Member

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...r=all4eternity

this is my profile, so check it out!

I wont alternate days in second phase, but if you think its best for you ok! Dukan book sugest that is the best for fast and steady fat loss that you keep 5 days proteins and veggies and 5 days only proteins on cruise phase. That is what I'll do. But someone take 3/3 cycle and swears its the best! You have to try to figure out whats best for you. I'll go with 5/5!
My weight dropped from 65kg to 62 kg in one week. I'm not expecting that weight loss in other week cause its only water loss now, not really fat, but still, I'm satisfied

On second phase stick to green: brocculi, spinach, pepper and cauliflower and mushrooms are very welcome
Old 06-12-2010, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hey... that's a nice loss. Doesn't matter what was lost... as long as it's gone. My loss isn't as impressive but I'm ok with that. Thanks for the link. Be proud of your loss...we'll get there.

As for the diet itself, I'm just following you, so 5 and 5 it is.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hi to all

I am so relieved to see someone sharing Dukan Diet experiences. Mine starts tomorrow...I have to say I can't wait. I am looking to shed 33lbs by mid December and I really, really want to do it.

By the way, the Duken Diet book has been on sale here in Ireland and UK since mid May. I bought my copy via Ebay.co.uk. Perhaps in Canada shipping from the UK won't be too much of a hassle..maybe!! I can message you on the seller if you want.

Best of luck to everybody as we can all do it!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Funthalia, It seems to be a great system so far, but I do miss veggies. At least until I can find the book, all4eternity and the websites have been bringing me along quite nicely. I will get the book though....got my local book store looking for it now. Just waiting to hear. As of today, I'm at 193 lbs and would like to reach my goal of 140 lbs by New Years Eve (53 lbs).

Together we can do this. Good luck to you.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Funthalia and good luck with diet!
Tomorrow is the last day of attack phase and form Monday I'll start to eat some veggies, but I'm not really happy about that. I've heard that when you eat vegetables you crave for more and at every meal you eat like crazy. We'll see If that happens to me I'll just cut veggie day to 3 and proteins only day keep at 5, so my cycle will be 3/5. I'm satisfied with this attack phase, I feel great and no cravings at all!
dizzy_44 do you exercise? I'm really pushing it hard 6x a week with Jari love and her Get ripped videos. I noticed that I'm in temptation to cheat when I skip exercise. But when I really push it and finish tough workout somehow it keeps me focused on my diet and my goal ( I've read that during training is increased production of Endorphin that reduce pain levels, boost your immune system, relieve stress and lower your cholesterol levels. it is called Feel good hormone )
So if you complain of slow fat shreding or craving for some junk food, I sugest you to put some kind of workout in your daily shedule. It works for me!
Old 06-12-2010, 09:14 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much for the kind words.

I woke up this morning and the first thing that popped into my head was crap, I'm starting a diet today. It is a terrible way to start the day but I am always hungry in the morning so all the lovely things that go with a Sunday morning are out the window....Full Irish Breakfast with sausages, bacon, beans fried potato cakes.

However once I got over the initial disgruntle I am now looking forward to ham and cottage cheese as my first meal. The diet isn't as confining as I thought....yogurt is still there as a dessert (0% fat) but still yogurt, tea isn't out either just with sweetner and skimmed milk. Flavours are all still there and it is a good thing I like meat. All the fish is still included which is great for we the Irish including smoked salmon..yum!!! Tinned Tuna in brine is acceptable. Lowering salt intake is a big part of diet also.

The book is very readable...very concise and everything is explained in simple and articulate terms. Huge emphasis is placed on water consumtion and the facts are explained. The more I read, the Dukan Diet is more like a "normal" not on a diet diet is if you understand me. Now that said, there is the glaring ommission of legume, breads and dear god help me butter and cream. But I will get over this...it's only for a week...not even...5 days. I won't weigh my self until next Saturday and fingers crossed some weight will be lost.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Attack phase finished! Went really well, I'm satisfied with the results: 2cm down from waist, 1 cm from hips and weight dropped from 65 kg to 62kg.
From tomorrow starting cruise phase. Already prepared chicken breast and broccoli, more egg whites and mushrooms.
New workout also. Guess I'll have more energy with proteins and veggies so time to start cardio + weights combine So Jari Love and her "Get ripped 1000" is on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.