Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
Any good suggestions for a healthy vegetarian diet? >

Any good suggestions for a healthy vegetarian diet?

Notices

Old 02-23-2015, 10:51 PM
Banned

Default Any good suggestions for a healthy vegetarian diet?

Old 02-24-2015, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

Borrow 'Eat For Life' from the library. It was written by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. Also, there's a website for the Vegetarian Society. You don't have to become a paying member - they have lots of free recipes and information there.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

I find if you've not been a vegetarian most of your life that you slowly cut out animal foods and integrate more vegetable based meals. Eat organics as much as possible. Also avoid- at all cost- anything with "soy" additives unless the soy product states it's organic and non GMO. If you are older (over 30 or 40) you will need your protein so make a plan to how you will get sufficient protein (at least 25 grams per meal). The challenge of vegetarian eating is that it's a high carb low protein and most people end up packing in grains but as you get older your body makes more inflammation and you should eat less grains and legumes or cut them out entirely. As I said go slow so your body can adjust to the new style. Cut out animal protein slowly and integrate vegetables high in protein more and more.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Good sources of protein include whole grains, lentils, beans, tofu, low-fat dairy
Old 04-18-2015, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hi,
These posts provide me valuable information on health issues. I don’t have any knowledge about this topic. You should contact the expert. I am sorry for that.
……………………………………………….

Last edited by Kathy13118; 04-18-2015 at 06:25 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 07-19-2017, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

Right now I am under my doctors orders to do the DASH Diet. it can encompass all diet life styles. So I bought a Book called ,"DASH Diet for Dummies." Written by Sarah Samaan, MD, FACC (Cardiology, Echocardiology, and Nuclear Cardiology.) Rosanne Rust, MS, RDN, LDN and Cindy Kleckner, RDN, LD, FAND. These folks know alot about how this diet is supposed to work. I've lost 10 lbs on the DASH thanks to this book and my Doctor and to fitday. The Dash diet isn't a diet at all but it is a way to use food to help you loose weight and become stronger and healthier. The Book can be found on Dummies.com. This Book has very tasty recipes and ways to enhance your foods and your workout plan if you have any of course. So I would recommend checking this out and seing what you think as the Dash diet is ranked #1 the world because of the way it has helped millions of folks. I rate the book with 5 stars. *****

Last edited by JCoombs1972; 07-19-2017 at 06:41 AM.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:56 PM
FitDay Member

My advice for a vegetarian diet is to make sure you replace meat with an alternative. Where most people go wrong is they just cut out the meat. Some vegetarian/vegan protein sources include:
-Beans
-Legumes
-Nuts
-Green leafy veggies
-Seitan
https://blog.dukesgym.com.au/blog/ve...otein-sources/

-Eggs (whole eggs) when eaten whole it is considered to be a "complete" protein
-Quinoa
-Buckwheat
https://greatist.com/health/complete...arian-proteins

-Tofu is another source- although I would try to limit this as research has shown that excess soy consumption can interfere with hormone levels.

Also ensure you are consuming lots of vegetables (and a wide variety), as they are super high in vitamins and minerals
Old 11-30-2017, 05:23 PM
FitDay Member

Include vegetables in the diet is good for health.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by varunmalya
i think thatg vegetgaerian diet is good for weight losing
Old 03-01-2019, 06:26 PM
FitDay Member

You can take Tofu, Lentils, Nutritional Yeast & cheese for protein, dark green vegetables & fruits for vitamins & other nutrients.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.