Notices

Weight Watcher???

Old 04-26-2010, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Sara- I've never written on this message board but saw your posting. I am also 30 (almost 31) and have done both weight watchers and fitday. I think fitday is a long-term sustainable way to stay at a healthy weight. I wanted to lose just a few pounds and found that exact calories in/vs. calories out used in fitday is a bit more accurate then WW (although that helped me figure out portion size!). Either way, wanted to say good luck!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Weight Watchers

I just started ww with a couple of co-workers. It's only been 3 weeks and i lost 6 lbs total. I really like ww. As long as you stick with the program you will get alot accomplished.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Weightwatchers Guru

Hiya ive been on and off with weightwatchers for nearly 7 years and i know it like the back of my hand. Ive got to admit its the only diet so far that i find i can stick too. I lost 3 stones in 6months without staying for meetings but the willpower got me through it and knowing somebody is weighing me each week. I left to do it on my own in november 09 and didnt lose any weight til 2weeks ago but this was my fault for not trying hard enough. I now use the points system along with the fitday advice and im back on my way to getting to goal. You need to be motivated and strict with yourself if sticking to a points allowance as its so easy to go over when choosing the wrong foods. It has given me a tool for life and i can now estimate the points in anything. Good Luck with any diet you use!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 12:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default Currently doing WW at meeting center

I'm currently doing Weight Watchers at the meeting center and have lost over 60 pounds. I lost my job and could no longer afford e-Tools which is why I'm tracking at FitDay (and on paper).

Points are just one part of the program. The Good Health Guidelines are another. If you aren't following the GHGs, you aren't doing Weight Watchers (you are just paying for their proprietary information and doing your own program).

Weight Watchers focuses on "Filling Foods" (i.e., whole, unprocessed foods) and activity (it doesn't have to be a formal workout at a gym). Do some people need to "tweak" it a bit to get the results they want? Yes, within reason. One can tweak the points to keep it lower-carb, or lower-fat, or higher-protein in how/where they "spend their points" (i.e., they may spend more points on protein sources and fewer on fruits and whole grains) however if done as written, the program is very balanced.

If you aren't tracking your intake, you aren't on WW.
If you aren't getting in all your GHGs, you aren't on WW.

If you do the program half-way, you can expect half-way results.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Frenchmaid1969
I just wonder if Weight Watcher is good to loose weight... i asking this cause i know a lots of people who were on that .. well they lost weight but for some reason all of them gain it back, i am kind of consuse if i should do this or not!
Didnt read the other posts..Just wanted to say it worked for me few years back BUT once I stopped attending the meetings--I stopped losing weight. If you DONT plan on attending the meetings--just use FD. Same thing --same idea with charting as on WW web page. This may actually be even better.

If you have time to join and go to the meetings..it is nice. They are motivating and the "pressure" to weight in each week was enough to keep me in line! LOL!

But --once I stopped the meetings the weigh ins were not far behind...then...I did all kinds of cheating..

GL to you!
Old 06-18-2010, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

you WILL lose weight on WW but the problem is you are starving the whole time! which means, the minute you are off you will gain the weight back if youre not careful
Old 06-21-2010, 02:29 PM
FitDay Member

Etietjen:

Excellent, no nonsense advice. I love it!

Last edited by saratogafitday; 06-21-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

WW is essentially a calorie restriction plan encoded with their point system. IMHO, you can get the same information from a variety of sources without having to pay for their program. As others have mentioned, however, there is a motivational factor to the meetings, and that is worth the money for some people. I tried WW a couple of years ago and it did work for some degree for me. I didn't like the point system at all, so I did the core plan (which, as I understand, they did away with). I actually found myself leaning more towards carb restriction on that core plan, and lost 16 pounds in the couple of months that I was participating. I actually didn't like the meetings though. I was the only man in there, surrounded by women complaining about emotional eating problems that I just couldn't relate to. Nowadays, I am following the Atkins diet and doing much better with it. My fiancee' swears that Atkins is a "guy" diet and WW is a "girl" diet, and this would seem true as we can both measure our successes much better according to her theory.

Male, 6'0" tall, 37 y/o

Starting weight, 4/19/10 (started Atkins) = 287
6/16/10 (finished Atkins book & joined Fitday) = 261
latest weight 6/28/10 = 255
mini goal (wedding) 9/4/10 = 220
ultimate goal for lifetime maintenance by 4/19/11 (one year mark, 100 pounds loss) = 187
This will be my lightest weight since high school!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Eliteweightloss
I've been putting some of my clients on the "Elite Weightloss" program and so far so good, most of them are making huge progress. I myself am a personal trainer, and i think this is the best weight loss plan i've ever seen for women. check it out at:

Elite Weight Loss Package
I realize this is blatant SPAM, but here are a couple of quotes from that website:

"High carbohydrate, Isometric, food combining, food separating, high protein, Ketogenic are just a few types of diets we combined with work out routines."
(I hope you see the self-contradiction in that statement)

"Hollywood Stars have mastered the art and science of losing body fat, while keeping muscle doing exactly this, using the proven program which has been used time and time again."
"On TV you are always hearing about the so called 'secret' diet and workout plans of the rich and famous and this is exactly that"
(Not that "Hollywood stars" are the most reliable source for scientific information, but what makes this different than any of the other dozens of "Hollywood star diets" that litter the magazine covers?)

I think most of the people coming to this website already have some kind of nutrition plan in place, and for you to use this forum for blatant advertising purposes (which also attempts to discredit whatever plan someone is already using) is shameful.

Last edited by davej323; 06-30-2010 at 04:42 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by davej323
I didn't like the point system at all, so I did the core plan (which, as I understand, they did away with).

Dave,

WW definitely still has the CORE plan intact. I have Type 1 diabetes and am very very very diligent with how I track my carbs (though I don't need to lose weight and track on FitDay generally to keep very close watch on my food choices each day; I've been tracking here every day for six years), and many of the members of the different online diabetes support forums (most of which are made up of T2s who often do need to lose weight and limit carbs to an even greater extent than I do) and whenever I've seen someone discussing WW, they've always mentioned the CORE plan as well as the points plan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.