Notices

Some help for a troubled guy?

Old 10-30-2014, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Some help for a troubled guy?

Hi everyone, I am Cameron, 21 and in university. I weigh about 79/80 KG and am 5" 11. For about 2-3 weeks I've been keeping to under 1000 calories a day (1-2 meals a day, no snacks, bar 3/4 exceptions), drinking lots of water and in the past 10 days have started walking 8-10 kilometres daily.

The problem is, I don't appear to be losing any weight whatsoever, every time I weigh myself it is on the 79/80 KG figure. I've followed pretty much all the advice the NHS and others recommend but it doesn't seem to be making any difference.

I am desperate to lose weight as being overweight has a real impact on my self confidence and I just want to look good for myself. I feel once I see the weight coming off it will be much easier to keep up the momentum, as it stands I feel I am putting myself through all this( eating substantially less and far less enjoyable food than everyone around me) for little tangible gain.

Any advice/explanations you guys could give would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Cameron
Old 10-30-2014, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! You aren't eating enough... you should only be cutting about 500 calories per day...and the majority of calories you consume should be fat and protein... are you getting enough healthy fats? Make sure they are raw, extra virgin olive oil, virgin coconut oil, raw macadamias, raw pistachio nuts, avocado... these are the best. Your body needs to consume fats to release the fat burning enzymes, and then because your body is getting less calories that it burns, it will use those enzymes to burn stored fat. Give this a try.... Also, typically it takes 2 weeks for your body to clear itself and start showing a difference on the scale. If you add in these fats and up your calorie intake to 1500, you will definitely see a change in your body AND on the scale.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kwest85blue
Hi! You aren't eating enough... you should only be cutting about 500 calories per day...and the majority of calories you consume should be fat and protein... are you getting enough healthy fats? Make sure they are raw, extra virgin olive oil, virgin coconut oil, raw macadamias, raw pistachio nuts, avocado... these are the best. Your body needs to consume fats to release the fat burning enzymes, and then because your body is getting less calories that it burns, it will use those enzymes to burn stored fat. Give this a try.... Also, typically it takes 2 weeks for your body to clear itself and start showing a difference on the scale. If you add in these fats and up your calorie intake to 1500, you will definitely see a change in your body AND on the scale.
Thank you very much for the reply!

I seriously doubt I am getting enough healthy fats to be honest, it is not something I have paid any attention to. What kind of quantities should I be looking to consume of these nuts and such?
Old 10-30-2014, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

I've lost over 50 pounds within the last 3 months, and I try to keep protein around 100 gms per day, fiber around 20-25 gms per day and total calories around 1000. I also take a really good multiple vitamin daily along with around 2000-3000 cc water. I have arthritis in my knees so exercise is just what I can do that day and somedays it doesn't happen at all. I eat fresh veggies (raw for the crunch if possible) and fresh fruit--again raw usually. I eat non-processed meats--no sausages, hot dogs-- and dairy is 1-2 servings of cheese/plain lowfat yogurt per day. I use unsweetened vanilla almondmilk in my smoothies. I also eat nuts--pistachios, walnuts, pecans, brazil nuts and almonds--almost every day. I use Quest bars or commercial low-carb protein drinks when I have to travel.

You mentioned that you were drinking on occasions. Are you aware that alcohol slows weight loss and has more calories than you might think?

Weight loss isn't easy but I wish you success on your journey! Vicki
Old 10-30-2014, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
I've lost over 50 pounds within the last 3 months, and I try to keep protein around 100 gms per day, fiber around 20-25 gms per day and total calories around 1000. I also take a really good multiple vitamin daily along with around 2000-3000 cc water. I have arthritis in my knees so exercise is just what I can do that day and somedays it doesn't happen at all. I eat fresh veggies (raw for the crunch if possible) and fresh fruit--again raw usually. I eat non-processed meats--no sausages, hot dogs-- and dairy is 1-2 servings of cheese/plain lowfat yogurt per day. I use unsweetened vanilla almondmilk in my smoothies. I also eat nuts--pistachios, walnuts, pecans, brazil nuts and almonds--almost every day. I use Quest bars or commercial low-carb protein drinks when I have to travel.

You mentioned that you were drinking on occasions. Are you aware that alcohol slows weight loss and has more calories than you might think?

Weight loss isn't easy but I wish you success on your journey! Vicki
Thank you very much for your reply!

Firstly, I should clarify- I don't drink, I am aware it contains a hell of a lot of calories but wasn't aware it slowed weight loss. You've given me lots to think about, I think I will look into taking some vitamins and also making sure I get a daily calcium intake (I often wouldn't).

All the best for the rest of your journey, I must applaud your efforts- truly remarkable!

Thanks once again Viki,

Cameron
Old 10-30-2014, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

1-2 oz of raw nuts per day, and about 2T raw oils , also 2T avocado is good

most days 50% of my calories come from healthy fats

Fats are not only good for your waist line, but also for brain function and for lubricating your joints.

I also forgot to mention that you should be eating more meals... smaller meals every 3 hours keeps your metabolism like a furnace.

Last edited by Kwest85blue; 10-30-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kwest85blue
1-2 oz of raw nuts per day, and about 2T raw oils , also 2T avocado is good

most days 50% of my calories come from healthy fats

Fats are not only good for your waist line, but also for brain function and for lubricating your joints.

I also forgot to mention that you should be eating more meals... smaller meals every 3 hours keeps your metabolism like a furnace.
Thank you for getting back to me, I will certainly be taking on board what you have prescribed.

I have one further question, specifically what kind of meals would you be eating in order to get 50% of your calories from healthy fats? And would eating say a raw bell pepper or single apple count as one of those "smaller" 3-hourly meals?
Old 10-30-2014, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

I'd agree you aren't eating enough. You aren't all that much overweight; what are you aiming for, 72kg? that's not something that needs such a drastic cut in calories. In general, men should have at least 1800 calories a day. So up your foods, just keep it healthy, and keep the walking going, and you'll be fine.

If not, then I would check with your doctor for other factors.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

5 meals averaging 300 calories each would be ideal, so say if you have a 400 calorie meal....your next one could be 200. you need healthy carbs w/fiber too, I mainly stick with black beans, edamame, quinoa burgers... To incorporate those healthy fats heres what I do... For breakfast I have 1 egg + 2 egg whites, and then 1tsp. of either virgin coconut oil or 2T avocado on top. 3-4 hours later, ill have a 400 calorie salad that consists of power greens, .3oz raw pistachio nuts, .3oz raw pecans, 1/4c black beans, chopped up mushrooms, beets, broccoli, cauliflower...or whatever your veg preferences are , and then for the dressing... 1/2T extra virgin olive oil, lime or lemon juice tp taste, and pepper, and any other spices you like EXCEPT salt... then 3-4 hours later I have 1cup plain greek yogurt w/ 2 T ground flax seeds... and so on. Typically I look at a package and have 1/2 of whatever the serving size is when im making a big salad. Just keep in mind that my calorie intake is around 1100 -1200 calories as Im 5'8" 130lb female..so I don't require as much... like I said you need to be around 1500-1700 being male and taller than me. If you have any other qs, please ask.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CameronPoe
Hi everyone, I am Cameron, 21 and in university. I weigh about 79/80 KG and am 5" 11. For about 2-3 weeks I've been keeping to under 1000 calories a day (1-2 meals a day, no snacks, bar 3/4 exceptions), drinking lots of water and in the past 10 days have started walking 8-10 kilometres daily.

The problem is, I don't appear to be losing any weight whatsoever, every time I weigh myself it is on the 79/80 KG figure. I've followed pretty much all the advice the NHS and others recommend but it doesn't seem to be making any difference.

I am desperate to lose weight as being overweight has a real impact on my self confidence and I just want to look good for myself. I feel once I see the weight coming off it will be much easier to keep up the momentum, as it stands I feel I am putting myself through all this( eating substantially less and far less enjoyable food than everyone around me) for little tangible gain.

Any advice/explanations you guys could give would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Cameron
hi according to me you should take the diet which is having proteins and vitamins not any fatty acid like if you reduce your diet then it effect in weight loss but side by side your hair fall starts and your dark circle below the eyes start.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.