Notices

Prune Juice Fast?

Old 10-19-2014, 07:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default Prune Juice Fast?

Is anyone educated in juice fasting?

Is a prune juice fast as healthy as a normal juice fast?

I want to fast on just prune juice for a week or so, because I find it easier - is this damaging or not? Thanks!
Old 10-20-2014, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

A week is a long time. I'd check with the doctor to know if a prune juice fast is safe.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
A week is a long time. I'd check with the doctor to know if a prune juice fast is safe.
My doctor isn't educated in juice fasting - they say it's dangerous to go even one day without eating. It's unbelievable how little some doctors actually know about health.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Then ask for a referral to someone who is educated in that, or go to a nutritionist or dietician.

What could happen if you are 'pushing yourself' through an unhealthy fast? Could you faint? Could you cause an accident while driving? Is it something you could do on vacation or at a spa?
Old 10-20-2014, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
Then ask for a referral to someone who is educated in that, or go to a nutritionist or dietician.

What could happen if you are 'pushing yourself' through an unhealthy fast? Could you faint? Could you cause an accident while driving? Is it something you could do on vacation or at a spa?
I don't know of any and I hate going to the doctors anyway.

I have enough energy and feel fine - I've just finished day 3 of my prune juice fast. I feel like I could easily do 2 weeks and maybe one month. I'm just wondering if it will be damaging or beneficial?
Old 10-20-2014, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

I'm a nurse and to have only prune juice is not something I'd even consider. Prune juice does have some nutrients that are good for you, but it also stimulates gastric disturbances in most folks. If that continues for several days, it can easily dehydrate the body and destabilize the delicate mineral balance of the body. Vicki
Old 10-31-2014, 11:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lollops

I want to fast on just prune juice for a week or so, because I find it easier - is this damaging or not? Thanks!
i think you should consult with your doctor and ask him that whether it is a good practice or not according to me it is not a good practice but i think you should ask your doctor and take his opinion.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lollops

Prune juice fast like other juice fasting, it can also help you lose weight and get a glowing skin if when used correctly. It helps improve digestion and chronic diseases as well. However, you should have proper preparation and sufficient knowledge to ensure a safe and beneficial juice fasting experience.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:11 PM
FitDay Member

it makes you go to the restroom and clean out your digestive track.... but high sugar does get absorbed quickly and not good for fat loss, so most of the weight you lose will come back when you start eating food
Old 01-06-2015, 08:12 PM
FitDay Member

Juices are best. And according to me both are great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.