One meal/one snack per day... >

One meal/one snack per day...

Community
Notices

One meal/one snack per day...

Old 10-27-2014, 06:33 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hi,

Yes, I'm losing weight. Since I started July 1, I have lost 118 lbs in 4 months. I did have a TON of water weight, but I'm also dieting my butt off. My doctor has no problem with my 1000 calorie or less diet. I'm thrilled at how easy its been. But like I said, I had a lot of water weight!!! And no, I'm not short, just average at 5"5. I never had a problem with what I ate, portion control was my biggest issue. Now I measure and calorie count every thing I eat. My way of losing is not for everyone, but it works well for me. Thanks for asking....
Old 10-28-2014, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

You've done great! That's amazing! And glad to hear you're working with your doctor; I feel better about your limited calories (not that it's any of my business!)

Congratulations!
Old 11-10-2014, 01:42 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by djwayne
I'm trying out a new diet...One meal at 4:00pm and one snack like a p&j sandwich about bedtime. The logic here is that I can skip breakfast and lunch, and hold out till 4:00 then eat a regular meal which should tide me over till bedtime, then have a light snack and go to bed...start over again the next day doing the same...no other snacks, but I can drink all the coffee or tea or water I want. It's already showing results after only one day.

I picked 4:00 pm because that's about the halfway point of my waking day.

As I'm getting older, one meal a day makes sense, as three meals a day just seems like too much. I'm going to try this for a while... Nothing else seems to work, so cutting calories and meals down to size it my only answer...
Good thing that you've found something that works for you. However, you also need to exercise regularly to maintain your healthy body. For lasting results, you can also consider taking natural weight loss supplements. It can help improve your body, while you maintain your weight and metabolism.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

If your doctor reviews your use of a 'natural weight loss supplement' and tells you that it is harmless to your health, then the very worst that can happen is you will have wasted your money.

It sounds like the one meal idea works for you. When I was very young, I often had just one meal a day - yes, I was slim, but it might have helped that I was much younger, then, too!
Old 11-25-2014, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

That would be quite unhealthy and counter productive. Starving your body makes you gain weight, eating just before bed also makes you gain weight and is bad for digestion. The best thing is to have 6-8 tiny meals per day.

The key to weight loss is simply burning more than you consume, a well balanced, whole foods, plant based diet would give your body what it needs without starving it. A lot of people have had luck with juicing to, gets ton nutrients and healthy weightloss.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

You don't need to restrict yourself to the 'traditional' breakfast, lunch and dinner meal plan though. Listen to your body's individual cues and respond when you feel hungry.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

I think it is but difficult to mantain something like this. I'd definitely starve. But if I substitute those commercialized meal replacement (shake) then I might survive taking it 3 times a day.