cabbage is working... >

cabbage is working...

Community
Notices

cabbage is working...

Old 06-23-2014, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default cabbage is working...

I've been eating a bowl of boiled cabbage with a little margarine, salt and pepper everyday for the last five days....dropped almost 2 pounds already....I eat other foods thru out the day, but focus on a bowl of cabbage every day....seems to be working..my FitDay chart is showing a significant drop since I started this...
Old 06-23-2014, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Cabbage is a powerful natural diuretic...thanks for the reminder! I usually eat cabbage more as a salad....I've never tried it cooked before? I'll have to give it a try this week and see if it helps to shed some water weight
Old 06-23-2014, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

I've been stuck on a plateau for a very long time, seeing this drop is a very welcome sign. There's a lot to be said about eating greens. They're also very good for the heart and circulation system.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator

There was a short-term diet called the 'cabbage soup diet' that is still around, I think!
Old 06-23-2014, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Yes I remember the cabbage soup diet, it didn't do much for me as I didn't like the taste of it. Just plain cabbage I like, just plain veggies I like. Mix them all with soupy tomatoes and I don't like.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:06 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I love eating lots of leafy vegetables, and cabbage can be included in that. The only thing I would swap out would be the margarine. Instead try to find some butter made from grass fed cows, like Kerigold. It will have a far better omega-3/omega-6 fat ratio combination.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Some of my area's people have tried a long time ago the cabbage soup diet and it never works at that time, So I realize the cabbage soup diet is flop, But now I think I also must give it a try, If you're dropping pounds then perhaps this is going to work for me as well.