Notices

Eat only when feeling hungry to lose 2 stone

Old 01-04-2014, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Eat only when feeling hungry to lose 2 stone

Having lost over 2 stone on WW, and put it all back on when I stopped going, I am thinking of using the Paul Mckenna method.

It consists of eating when hungry, not starving hungry I suppose, but waiting till you have hunger pangs.

Then combined with good choices and slow eating, is supposed to retrain our minds (which is where the problem is) to eat what we need, not what we want.

Although WW was good for me, I don´t want to go back again, as I start to obsess when dieting.

I seem to spend all my waking hours thinking about the food and points.

I think this migght be good for me, but would like to know if anyone else is doing this "plan".

Happy new year, and wishing you all sucess in 2014.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

I am to a degree... and I understand the frustration of always thinking about food...However if you start eating meat... for a day or 2 ... the thought of food will leave...and you wont be hungry or craving...and if you continue to eat meat when you are hungry you will lose and it is pleasant...
Old 04-05-2014, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator

I am reading Deepak Chopra's book, 'Perfect Weight,' in which he describes mindful eating. It sounds similar to the McKenna diet.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 04-05-2014 at 02:58 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

I have been trying to eat only when hungry. I actually ask myself if I am hungry,and even answer. All this while standing in front of the fridge. My answer is usually not hunger, but some other emotional need(bored, procrastination,anger). I drink some water and then have either coffee or tea. This has cut down on my emotional eating as I have become aware that hunger is not behind my desire to eat.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I am eating 3 meals per day and drinking green tea between..sometimes a few teas in a row if that is what it takes. I cleaned out my kitchen of anything but good food, just a massive clear out and I was ruthless. In my case for health reasons I am grain/gluten free and sugar free but that is a personal choice. I have had cancer once and don't care to do that again so I am eating clean. No games, no points, no counting. I eat protein and fruit for breakfast, protein and 2 veg for lunch and protein and 2-3 veggies at dinner. I roast my veggies and they are fabulous...even my husband eats everything I give him! I eat a lot and have still lost 20 lbs in 11 weeks, I have 60 more lbs to go. I eat butter/olive oil/avocados etc and feel like a million bucks. I eat high fat ..my doctor is happy with my new numbers! I bought myself a NutriBullet and have green drinks with avocado ( it makes it thick and creamy and I am not hungry all afternoon ) I eat one avocado per day. No more low fat...it is the sugar in everything that is literally killing us, look it up...and the bad fats. Use the special tips and tricks that make sense to you..trial and error. There is no magic bullet...but green tea helps! By the way..teas stain your teeth so adding some milk with fat will prevent that. Remember, when they remove the fats from foods they bulk it up with starches & sugar....sugar is stored as fat.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:11 PM
FitDay Member

There are good information to main the health.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 07-05-2014 at 01:48 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 07-06-2014, 11:10 PM
FitDay Member

if u want to loss weight fast then u need to eat healthy diet which provide u good health n help to loss weight fast.