FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   Does tea work for Weight loss? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/11141-does-tea-work-weight-loss.html)

sfonseka 06-21-2014 01:33 AM

Does tea work for Weight loss?

I want to know is tea that is used for weight loss works along with dieting?

Kathy13118 06-21-2014 01:57 AM

I don't know, but it does help to stay hydrated and drink liquids - so tea would contribute to that!

djwayne 06-21-2014 01:56 PM

Some people think so, but I haven't had much luck with it...It's certainly better than diet or regular pop. Lately I've been drinking ice water with a slice of lemon and a packet of Sweet and Low...poor man's lemonade I guess...It's very refreshing and gets addictive after a while...

davidnick 06-25-2014 08:55 AM

Does Tea Work for Weight Loss?

Yes, tea work for weight loss and also beneficial for health. The Green tea is the most recognized weight loss tea. It helps liver to process fats better and decreases the stored body fats. It is also helps to reduce the craving for food.

MossStar 06-26-2014 04:35 PM

I drink one cup of green tea in the morning, not so much for weight loss, I take a medication that makes me nauseous in the morning…it seems to help.

I was drinking a cup of decaf coffee, but it leaves that taste in your mouth and I would start snacking to get rid of that coffee taste. Not sure if it helps with weight loss, but give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Meggietye 06-28-2014 05:33 PM

I found a green tea I really like the taste of and drink it, and water, all day...I drink about 8 cups of green tea :) Tea will stain your teeth But adding a bit of milk ( not skim you need the fat) will prevent the staining. I just heat up the milk in my mug for 30 sec then add the tea...yum! I have lost 20 lbs in 11 weeks.

Hanna_S 07-10-2014 06:35 AM

Green Tea Helps

jenniferhiv6 07-10-2014 04:26 PM

If it's Green tea then Yes it does but a little bit, But if you're talking about black tea then it doesn't.

Anne3091 07-28-2014 06:32 AM

Yes green tea do work in weight loss as it has some of the enzymes to burn fat.I think that the dried tea can also work for losing weight but if milkis not added in it.

chichiri97 08-01-2014 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by sfonseka (Post 109317)

Replace juice, soda, and other sweet beverages with green tea (or any tea for that matter). You can drop weight really fast in the first week just by doing this.

Peet's Coffee has some iced green tea without sugar added, instead of a double mocha frappachino, you could grab an iced green tea. :P

sheenahines 08-18-2014 06:46 AM

If you try green tea in the morning before having breakfast it will work nicely.
And if you go on a walk after having a Green Tea before breakfast then you will see a maximum change in weight loss. Just try it out for 15days you will see the change.

Ryan.W 08-25-2014 04:42 PM

In my case green tea is good for losing weight and I drink him like detoxic....

sumit1988 09-19-2014 11:32 AM

re:

well tea could help you to loss weight but not the masala tea's but Green tea lemon tea are healthy and slim tea could helps you for losing your weight.

dia1234 10-28-2014 12:48 PM

This is Very Good Thing for Weight Loss

Tea is a very wonderful drink for Weight Loss. Specially Green and White Tea are fabulous natural product to reduce weight .

aaravjain 11-01-2014 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by sfonseka (Post 109317)

yes but green tea if you take two times a day then it is really very benefical for you too loose weight

PaulinHildreth 11-13-2014 01:41 AM

There are lots of health benefits of teas. These have been known to prevent dental decay, arthritis, strokes and cardiovascular disease, and even cancer. It also supports weight loss. There are types of teas that speeds up your digestion, reduce your bad cholesterol levels, and can actually help you shrink fat cells.

10 Best Teas for Weight Loss

Bilberry Tea
Oolong Tea
Hibiscus Tea
Star Anise Tea
Green Tea

dia1234 11-13-2014 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by PaulinHildreth (Post 112236)
There are lots of health benefits of teas. These have been known to prevent dental decay, arthritis, strokes and cardiovascular disease, and even cancer. It also supports weight loss. There are types of teas that speeds up your digestion, reduce your bad cholesterol levels, and can actually help you shrink fat cells.

10 Best Teas for Weight Loss

Bilberry Tea
Oolong Tea
Hibiscus Tea
Star Anise Tea
Green Tea

What is Bilberry Tea, Oolong Tea, Hibiscus Tea and Star Anise Tea. I never heard these names. Kindly describe these.

PaulinHildreth 11-28-2014 04:45 AM

Yes teas can help you loss weight. Green tea can help mobilize fat from fat cells. Green tea also increases fat burning, especially during exercise.

aleny121scott 12-08-2014 02:51 AM

health ideas

hi friends
lemon tea is beneficial foe lose weight and it is more healthy

birdmassacre 12-14-2014 12:38 AM

dunno . some of these replies are pretty obvious, though.

"drink it instead of pop to lose weight fast" well.. pop has about 100&up calories and tea has 0, unless you add sugar or milk, so thats kind of a no brainer.

its not the tea making you lose weight, its the lack of calorie-filled drinks, probably.

davidvillan 12-15-2014 10:23 AM

I am quite agree with your opinion but coffee is quickly work in this regard.You should take 3 to 4 cups daily.Green tea also work for weight loss.

rebecaadam 12-15-2014 07:04 PM

The Green tea is the most recognized weight loss tea. You can find more information about green tea here: Green Tea - a miraculous plant for body and soul

JaylinThorne 01-03-2015 02:25 PM

Hey,
Hot beverages are always useful for many things but not medicated drinks.

As far as I know people do drink like green tea and some people think that helps in losing weight as well but as far as medicated drinks are concerned they are obviously not much useful. Even if they are, there must be side effects as well.

thanks

Noe! 02-13-2018 09:41 AM

actually, it doesn't influence weight loss

wannabeit 02-15-2018 10:20 AM

Since i swapped also the soda for tea and water i loose a lot of weight. That i can say at least.

yuri87 02-17-2018 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by wannabeit (Post 137387)
Since i swapped also the soda for tea and water i loose a lot of weight. That i can say at least.

I think that's more a result of drinking less soda rather than drinking more tea. Congrats on the weight loss though!

adamscott01 03-06-2018 06:14 AM

sure it would help but only if you are taking green tea. Green tea is anti-oxident and you need to take 2-3 cups a day to see its effect. 1 cup of green tea has about 120 to 320 milligrams of catechins and 10 to 60 milligrams of caffeine. that help you loose weight and also don't forget to avoid junk food.

saaqibj 03-13-2018 10:52 AM

tea can result in weight loss but very modest weight loss..use it with traning

rebecca0212 03-28-2018 09:13 AM

green tea

sid14cse 04-03-2018 04:38 AM

You can have green tea.

ambermi 04-09-2018 01:05 PM

Tea serves like a laxative for me

joshuamiller7602 04-21-2018 10:58 AM

Green tea is one of the healthiest beverages on the planet. It is the most consumed beverage in the world after water. However, 78 percent of the tea consumed is black and around 20% is green. Research suggests that green tea has a multitude of physical and mental health benefits. it is loaded with antioxidants that have powerful effects on body. It not only support the weight loss but also has numerous benefits. https://goo.gl/mnq7oG

figurecheck 08-14-2018 08:58 AM

They said green tea is good for detox, or any kind of tea. I'm trying to find the best one yet but everything seems to be all similar. I came across into different websites every now and then, but i'm worrying about the side effects. I know that teas are organic but sometimes, they could result of stomach pain or hunger-- resulting in too much food intake just to satisfy that. I came across in The red tea detox ad, but I think that it's too good to be true. what do you guys think? Should I try it? Or maybe you could give me some suggestions? Thank you!

zidishah 08-15-2018 11:44 AM

Diets

thanks for sharing this!

LashaundaRau 08-16-2018 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Meggietye (Post 109571)
I found a green tea I really like the taste of and drink it, and water, all day...I drink about 8 cups of green tea :) Tea will stain your teeth But adding a bit of milk ( not skim you need the fat) will prevent the staining. I just heat up the milk in my mug for 30 sec then add the tea...yum! I have lost 20 lbs in 11 weeks.

Hey. I don't believe that green tea can help in losing weight. But you can try to make it happen.