Notices

Couch Potato ---> Healthy & Fit Bride

Old 01-30-2014, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Couch Potato ---> Healthy & Fit Bride

I debated for a while if I should start a diary or not. I think that it'll be good motivation, so I decided to start one. = )

I'm a 22 year old female and am 5'5" tall. Earlier this month I got on the scale and it showed "200". I told myself that I would NEVER weigh 200 lbs. I also recently got engaged and will be getting married in June 2012. My mom wants to go dress shopping so badly, but at that weight, I can't even see myself getting anywhere near a bridal salon.

I wasn't ever really skinny but I was always a healthy weight. Once I was about seventeen, I started to eat fast foods and not exercise. My weight just spun out of control. But I am getting ready to start my life with my best friend and he deserves the best of me. I can't give him that being unhealthy and overweight.

I cut out all fast foods, soda, anything fried, juices, everything bad. I have been eating fruits and vegetables for snacks instead. I do enjoy eating them but it is hard going from candy and soda to fruits. Unfortunately I don't care for meat or salads so my food diet needs to be fixed a bit. I have to take protein and calcium supplements already because I don't eat meat and I can't have milk. So I need to find some way to have a balanced diet.

Anyways, I have been going to the gym every day. Some days it’s for the whole hour, some 30 minutes and some only 15. I work full time and go to school full time so I try to squeeze in what I can. But my school is over in a couple of weeks so there is no reason I can't go for at least an hour a day.

I went from 200 to 189 this month and hopefully can stay on the same track. I have engagement pictures to be taken in mid May so my goal is to be around 175 by then. Then hopefully by September I will be down closer to my goal of 125 - 140.

Hopefully I can do this. All of you are such a motivation and keep me going every day. = )
Old 01-30-2014, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Jenniferweighlose, check out the other post in your name on this forum: I think there must be a problem!