Notices

Low Carb Diet?

Old 04-16-2014, 10:02 PM
FitDay Member

good that's perfect. you are kicking the right approach dear! just continue it....
Old 04-28-2014, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

try lowcarbdiabetics site all you need to no
Old 05-01-2014, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Low carb does not mean "no carb." I am type 2 diabetic and have to keep my carbs under control if I want my blood sugar under control. It's as simple as that. I could increase my meds, but why? So I can eat bread? I have known a few people who have cut back on carbs, exercised, lost weight and no longer have to take their meds. I want to be one of those people. Eating starchy carbs makes me feel bloated, tired, sleepy and all around miserable. Each person has to test their blood sugar regularly to know what foods spike their blood sugar and which ones they can eat in moderation. There is no hard and fast rules, as we are all different and our bodies handle food differently.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:14 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Usemyotheraddy,

can I ask you, if you are familiar with the atkins what do you think of GI diet. I have been trying to get an full understanding of it. It makes a lot of sense but there is so much to learn.

cheers,
Old 07-02-2014, 10:53 PM
FitDay Member

Default Ideal Protein

I've been following Ideal Protein since the end of January and I've managed to lose 29 lbs - I have a few more to go to reach goal - it hasn't been too bad to follow - I stopped doing it for a month and could see my scale slowly start creeping back up - I'm determined to follow this through - and will follow maintenance etc when I get there.

Maureen
Old 07-07-2014, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Low carb diet is really good diet I try it once and must again.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Diet plans can helps you to "Do not gain more"
But when it comes to loose weight by diet plan, it doesn't work so rapidly as we expect. My opinions are same for Low Carb Diet.
But you can go for it if you're not too heavy.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

I am new in this subject and want to know all about this diet and all about hcg stuff.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:16 PM
FitDay Member

Its a good deal to follow low crab diet as it will not only help you lose weight but wil satisfy your hunger as well.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

I have been doing low carb for 5 years. You need to remember that your body does still function correctly at times. I spent my first year of low carb with low blood sugars, but at times, I would have very high blood sugars. Your body will try to produce glucose if your blood sugar gets low, and Insulin if they get high. Your meds are also doing this job too, so your blood sugars are going to be all over the place. You are manipulating your blood sugar by eating less foods that spike blood sugars, and still taking meds that also lower your blood sugars.

It took me 1 year to get off meds, after figuring how to keep BG below 120 mg/dl. After getting off the meds, I stay in the 80-110 range ( for 4 years ) without a lot of work. Medicine complicates things.

Also, I would suggest you post a menu for the day, many times we think we are doing low carb, but are eating foods that spike our BG. Especially LC products, and sugar alcohols, but also SF foods, and diet pop.

Use your meter, and when you get a spike in BG, look at the ingredients of the meal you ate before. Something in that meal spiked your BG, and you shouldn't be eating that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.