Notices

I'm trying out a high protein diet..

Old 07-29-2014, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm trying out a high protein diet..

Some people have recommended to me to try a high protein diet to lose weight...so that's what I'm doing now...I bought a couple of boxes of 1/4 lb. and 1/3 lb. hamburger patties from GFS, turkey breast for lunch meat, double protein wheat bread, hard boiled egg whites (I throw out the yolks), Chamomile tea...I still eat some veggies...low fat cottage cheese...tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms and onions, fresh green beans, watermelon, banana's, boiled Yukon potatoes, corn on the cob...but two hamburger patties everyday.......doing this since 7/17...I'm down about 5 pounds...not hungry at all....I have been at a plateau for a very long time, so this is welcome news to me.

The protein fills me up, so I don't eat as much as I used to...I think they call it "satiety".

A typical dinner for me now is one hamburger patty, a cup of cottage cheese, and a couple thick slices of tomato....everything else is just once in a while...
Old 07-29-2014, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator

Good for you - whatever works and doesn't damage your health!
Old 07-29-2014, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

Chicken breasts and turkey breasts are also high in protein, so today I'm making a chicken breast vegetable soup. I have half a boneless, skinless, chicken breast, onion, carrot, celery, cabbage, potato, mushrooms, and water...going into the soup, should be a great diet food.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

Let's not forget tuna and fish..also very high in protein...canned tuna is going on sale here this week, I'll have to stock up !!
Old 07-30-2014, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

It feels good to break a plateau! I've been in maintenance for almost 2 years, and have decided that I want to lose just a little more, so I am changing it up too. Back to Fitday, back to logging everything. It is what works for me.

I like that you are cooking your own food. That to me makes all the difference and I also think it does good things for your mind too. Prioritizing your needs and giving yourself permission to be good to yourself. Nice Job DJWayne.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks !! Cooking my own food makes great financial sense, I save a fortune..as an example, my burger, cottage cheese, and tomato dinner costs me around $2.00-2.50 to make....A meal like that at a restaurant would cost me $7-10.00, plus tip, and that's if you can find a place that will give you precisely what you want....$2.00- 2.50 for lunch or dinner ?? that's a no brainer !! You can't eat at McDonald's for that....
Old 07-31-2014, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by djwayne
Thanks !! Cooking my own food makes great financial sense, I save a fortune..as an example, my burger, cottage cheese, and tomato dinner costs me around $2.00-2.50 to make....A meal like that at a restaurant would cost me $7-10.00, plus tip, and that's if you can find a place that will give you precisely what you want....$2.00- 2.50 for lunch or dinner ?? that's a no brainer !! You can't eat at McDonald's for that....
Very good point!
Old 07-31-2014, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

I found another good $2.50 meal tip. Rotisserie Chicken. I found them at my local grocery store, fresh out of the oven for $4.99...I can get two meals out of one chicken so cost per meal is $2.50....all the fats are cooked out of them thru the rotisserie cooking process. Lots of protein in chicken...

Where else you gonna go to get half a chicken for $2.50 already cooked for you ??
Old 10-28-2014, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

I somewhat agree with you, because high protein diet used to gain weight not for lose, but you add some good foods in your diet which help you reduce weight. Best of Luck and go for it.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:12 PM
FitDay Member

Just be careful you are not getting too much protein... when your body gets more than it can use, it converts the rest to glucose, which stimulates insulin production...and insulin is a storing hormone, not a good thing for weight loss. Try to incorporate healthy fats, raw oils, avocado, raw/sprouted nuts/seeds... they actually help your body release the fat burning enzymes and you will lose weight more rapidly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.