Notices

Vegetable Juice & Fruit Smoothie Fasting

Old 09-13-2013, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Mcallahan757: Thanks! Good luck on your journey! And who can resist bacon, cured or uncured but the past few years I've limited it to when we are on holiday/vacation.

Janetib: Super well done on the 30 pounds, that's really good! And yes, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead is a great documentary. I watched it on YouTube before I got started. I think it's on YouTube in 8 parts. Highly recommended viewing, very inspirational. I think Joe Cross, the film-maker lost 100 and the other guy lost 200 pounds drinking 'mean green' juice. Here's the link to his website: Links removed

Have a great weekend! Think positive, take time for yourself even if its only a few minutes hiding in the bathroom from your family (joking... Sort of...)! X x

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 09-24-2013 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Links removed
Old 09-13-2013, 10:23 PM
FitDay Member

Just wanted to add: some people sort of work up to a juice fast, slowly eliminating things in the run up to doing it. I think this is probably a great idea, especially if you haven't done it before. I have fasted before, both complete and juice. The run up to my fast we were on holiday/vacation, were eating pizza, etc, so I went from regular eating straight into the juice fast. I was aware though that the first three days are the hardest, but well worth it coming out the other side.

So, was demoing the new juicer this morning to the family. They were well-impressed. The husband said, and I quote 'you could juice a pig in that!' I sometimes feel as though I am married to Homer Simpson... He then added, 'you could juice a porkchop.' And my son chimed in 'you could juice a donut!' Yes, the family is ever so supportive. (They have been, actually!)

Have a great Saturday! Hug your family! X x
Old 09-14-2013, 06:41 PM
FitDay Member

Default Day 16 Update:

Day 16 Update: weighed 224.875 this morning, start weight 243.25, total lost 18.375 pounds. Feel good, days starting to feel like 'business as usual'.

Have a great Sunday! Put your feet up! X x
Old 09-15-2013, 11:17 PM
FitDay Member

Default Day 17 Update

Day 17 Update: weighed 223.75 this morning, start weight 243.25, total lost in 17 days is 19.5 pounds. Went shopping yesterday and went down one trouser size from UK 22 to UK 20.

Happy Monday! x x
Old 09-17-2013, 05:44 PM
FitDay Member

Default Day 19 Update

Day 19 Update: weighed 222 this morning, down from 243.25. Total weight lost so far = 21.25 pounds in 19 days. Yay! Feel great!

Happy Wednesday! X x
Old 09-18-2013, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

Omg congrat! I came on here to start a forum of my own I'm going to start my smoothie fast tomorrow! I don't think you know how encouraging it is to come on here and see someone succeeding at this! Congrats on the weight loss!
Quick question are you putting things like yogurt in your smoothies?
Old 09-18-2013, 11:18 PM
FitDay Member

Hi! Great to have you on here!

So, no yogurt for me, but you need to do what will work for you.

To re-cap: I have 3-4 small 88 calorie smoothies a day from a known popular brand. I then juice up some veg and sometimes apples and lemon. I have 1-3 10oz glasses of this. I also have 2-3 cups of coffee, 2 with skim milk and sugar. Idrink loads of bottled water. I keep the calories between 500-800 which keeps my body in ketosis (see earlier posts) which means I don't have hunger pangs and my body burns fat. I feel great, better than I have in years! I don't feel weak or like I am missing out on food. I make meals for my family, I work, I have stresses and joys throughout the week, but so far, so good. My after fast plan is to go vegan for the same number of days I have fasted. Obviously, everyone is different. This is working for me, for now. Please consult your doctor before embarking on a new health regime. And if you are diabetic especially.

Good Luck!! X x
Old 09-19-2013, 06:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default Day 21 Update

Day 21 Update: weighed 221.25 this morning, start weight 243.25, total weight lost in 21 days = 22 pounds.

Have a bit of a cold right now but not to do with the diet. I have been in close contact with people with colds, and I haven't been as vigilant gelling my hands. Have to say I think I would feel a lot worse with this cold if not for the juices. I did two glasses of pure orange yesterday followed by a tomato, red bell pepper, lemon, garlic, salt, black pepper and Italian seasoning. Don't really like tomato juice, but this was nice, like an Italian dinner. Plus all the Vitamin C has gotta help this cold.

Bring on a quiet weekend! X x
Old 09-22-2013, 09:33 PM
FitDay Member

Day 24 Update: weighed 221.125. Home with chest cold. Need some motivation. Think I'm retaining water from broth I ate for my cold on Fri.

Bring on Friday! X x
Old 09-24-2013, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Day 25 Update: 219.375. Almost 24 pounds lost in 25 days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.