FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   The day you start a new diet, is the day you want to eat EVERYTHING! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/1008-day-you-start-new-diet-day-you-want-eat-everything.html)

Miss_Body_beautiful 05-04-2010 10:32 AM

The day you start a new diet, is the day you want to eat EVERYTHING!

urgh, I started a new diet today ...and didn't stick to it lol I didn't eat everything..in fact I ate small portions of what i did eat but I didn't stick to the diet plan I have for myself. Tomorrow is a new day, I am very disappointed in myself but i will do this...Ive decided to go swimming twice a week and running once a week. I don't really have any support from anyone. So any advice from you guys will be much appreciated :)

tandoorichicken 05-04-2010 11:19 AM

Hi,

First thing to remember is not to give up! Everyone screws up every now and then! Just because you make one mistake doesn't mean you failed in some way or you need to start all the way at the beginning. Just pick up where you left off again and you'll be on your way.

What diet plan are you doing? IMHO if you're being too restrictive on yourself right from the beginning it might be hard to stick to it long term, but that's just my opinion. It's easier to make a list of the things you want to change, then change them one or a few at a time until they become habits.

Good luck!

-Nik

farahb7 05-04-2010 12:31 PM

I love this quote from Cassie's signature:

"If you drop an egg, you don't say, 'Oh, shoot' and drop the other 11, do you?"
-Source unknown, but obviously brilliant

make this your moto, you'll be fine.:D

almeeker 05-04-2010 12:40 PM

Of course the first day of any diet is the day you want to eat EVERYTHING. And unless you totally cleaned out your cupboards the house is FULL of stuff you shouldn't eat. When I started back up on my diet after Christmas, the husband and I joined a "Biggest Loser Couples" game a friend put together. Anyway the first day of the competition rolled around and I was like "oh crap, I'm supposed to start dieting today and I have NO DIET FOOD IN THE HOUSE!". Just take it step by step. The horrible thing about most diets is that there is this expectation of a cold turkey start, which is almost doomed to fail. It's too much change at a time for anyone to stick to long term. So maybe you need to approach it more like a weaning process, cut back a little here and then a little there, and don't move on until each step is accomplished and old habit.

Jaybrodz 05-22-2010 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Miss_Body_beautiful (Post 10061)
urgh, I started a new diet today ...and didn't stick to it lol I didn't eat everything..in fact I ate small portions of what i did eat but I didn't stick to the diet plan I have for myself. Tomorrow is a new day, I am very disappointed in myself but i will do this...Ive decided to go swimming twice a week and running once a week. I don't really have any support from anyone. So any advice from you guys will be much appreciated :)

Jump back up there!

HI,
The same thing happened to me when I started again after months at maintaining at a weight that was not yet near my goal, but I was just happy to keep the weight off that I lost. And don't you know that I did well until about eight or nine o'clock at night and then it was a recipe I have for fruit/fiber and nut muffins. I pulled three of them from the freezer and ate them after I defrosted them and put a drizzle of mapple sugar icing on them. I ended up eating up until four. I ate 6 Fiber One bars. I like the strawberry-almond ones.

I totaled out at approximately 2300 cals or so. My muffins-plain-are only a hundred each. But even so it was so disappointing. I have been to this site and another one that is very good because I can get my BMI and calories burned for my disability and both recommended roughly 1200 cals/day.

But all that aside, this is my second venture at this site and yesterday, I am happy to report, I consumed 1218 cals. My weight problem is because of meds I am on that cause hunger. (I know; everyone says that or the thyroid). After I take them, it is maddening on me, regardless of my intake or not, diet or not. I think I found a cure for it yesterday while researching and that was to eat warm milk and oatmeal. It seemed to put me to sleep last night within a half hour and fill be up because of the fiber. I buy the heart smart and it has six grams per serving.

So, all this to let you know that because you fell from the wagon the first day, don't beat yourself up about it. Just jump back on and for me researching--I don't know how overweight you are--the benefits of losing weight and the perils of being larger, today, have helped me immensely.