FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   My journey to a new me with green smoothies (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/10066-my-journey-new-me-green-smoothies.html)

lynnknowz 08-27-2013 01:48 AM

My journey to a new me with green smoothies

I have been wanting to adapt a healthy lifestyle for about 2 years now. I have read everything I could get my hands on, and watched every movie/documentary on what to and not to eat.

I have been overweight a lot of my life. I have tried all kinds of diets. This time I want to have a lifestyle change. I want to eat the right way and not the Standard American Diet(SAD). I have been weaning myself off sugar, white bread and junk foods for 2 months now. I started eating tons of veggies and some fruits while still eating my normal diet. I just cut back little by little until 2 days ago. Now I make 1/2 gallon green smoothie every day and eat a green salad for lunch. I also will allow myself to eat popcorn when I need something salty and dates when I crave something sweet.

M goal is to do this 60-90 days and then transition to whole foods afterwards. I want to eat 60-80% raw and have my cooked foods consist of beans, oatmeal, and other vegetarian foods. I am mostly vegan but I do put about a 1/2 ounce of gorgonzola in my salads. I just cant give up my cheese, LOL.

So anyway, I have lost 4 lbs in 2 days .

My first day my smoothie had

I juiced a large cucumber, apple and 4-6 stalks of celery.

I put that along with large 2 handfuls of spinach and a drop of agave in my vitimix blender.

I pu tin about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water and thats it

MY salad

about 2 cups of spinach, 2 strawberries, 1/2 avacodo, a few pecans, gorgonzola and home made strawberry dressing.

I also has 3 dates and a handful of nuts

YESTERDAY I had about one serving of the smoothie from the day before and I made a smoothie with

One large mango, a peach, 2 cups of water mixes with cucumber juice and 2 handfuls of spinach.

The same salad, I LOVE this salad.

I ate 2 dates and a bag of popcorn

I drink at least 1/2 gallon of water each day and I am 4 lbs down from day one.

I didnt have any headaches of anything. In fact I felt good. When I got hungry I drank.

JesusChristLOVE 08-28-2013 01:05 PM

awesome

I just started juicing too. I borrowed a juicer from my daughter but it has lots of waste, so I am ordering the FUSION Juicer in a cpl days. I had all my teeth pulled, and really can't eat much. Today, I've only done liquids.
I am beginning a juice fast today!
Hope we can chat about it.
For Lunch I had
Melon
Pineapple

Tastes deeelish!

For supper I had:
I added the left over lunch to it to make it sweet!
Kale
Celery
Spinach
Apple
Carrots

It was SOOO good!

lynnknowz 08-29-2013 06:06 AM

Glad to have another person to talk to about juicing/smoothies.

Its hard to do this alone