Notices

Surgery Diet

Old 07-23-2013, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

Default Surgery Diet

Hey folks,

my wife has qualified to have the stomach surgery to try and help her lose weight. Before she has the surgery she will spend 3-4 weeks on a fasting diet where she has nothing but "Optifast" drinks. They are a prescription only drink.

I myself have about 85lbs to lose and need to get back on track. I want to do everything that I can possibly do to help out my wife on her journey so for the 3-4 weeks I would also like to do the fasting diet.

I have read online that "Boost Plus" is basically the same thing as Optifast, it was developed by the same company and does not require a prescription.

I am looking to get some more information on doing this and any advice? During the week I eat lunch at work so I could modify it slightly to have a meal and snacks at work, but I would like to keep it as close to hers as possible so we are going through it together.

Thanks in advance for information on this!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

she's doing the surgery... not looking to discuss that... just if it is reasonable/healthy for me to do the pre surgery routine along with her to support her.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

I would ask your doctor if you really want to know if it is healthy to do this with your wife. I think it is awesome that you want to do this with her.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:33 PM
FitDay Member

Default Surgery Diet

No need to do Surgery for Diet control

Keep a food diary :

Writing down what you eat and drink and any thoughts linked to that eating helps you become more aware of your eating habits and problem areas. Recognizing what is going on and understanding more about yourself is a powerful way to start planning changes to your diet and puts you in control.