Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
What's the best diet out there? >

What's the best diet out there?

Community
Notices

What's the best diet out there?

Old 01-12-2010, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

I would love a copy. I am try to lose weight to get pregnant myself.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Wink

I have had the best results with Herbalife. I lost weight immediately, gained healthy energy... but best was getting allergies, asthma and migraines under control. No asthma, migraine or blood pressure meds anymore. :

It didn't cure anything, but all symptoms are gone. I must have just had some serious food sensitivities or something.

I have tried WW in the past, I lost weight - but for some reason that wasn't enough incentive for me to keep going on it.

Tried LA Weight loss, spent a ton of money, lost some weight- it was placed between KFC & cold stone ice cream ( that was fun!!) I just couldn't stay committed.

With both- my cravings never left- or if they did- they didn't stay gone, & buying their healthier sugary snacks or salty snacks, seemed to only make my cravings hang on.

With Herbalife, I get plenty of nutrition - and my cravings are gone. If I feel like munching on something- I am looking for baby carrots,banana, apple... something along the fruit and veggies line. I found soy nuts at WINCO for 1.48 LB.

I went grocery shopping, I was hungry, & for the first time in my life- I left with bags of fruit & veggies- not chips and sweets. I was actually wanting an orange & baby carrots.

It is safe to say, that in the past the only orange I would have been eating- was the orange color of the inside of a Butter finger & the only baby anything I would have been eating would have been sugar babies.

I use the 1,2,3 Herbalife plan plus tea. I intend to use it for life, to maintain my health and nutrition.

Anyone with questions can let me know.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

i think i have tried every diet out there. would lose it and gain it right back. so i decided to just watch my carbs. i allow myself 150 carbs a day. i have found that watching my carbs also keeps my calories and fat in line . so far this has worked for me i have lost a 100 pounds, and i dont call it a diet no more either . i call it a healthy lifestyle change.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:15 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by wydok
I'm doing my own diet of about 1200 - 1400 calories per day. I eat cereal (usually Total, Cheerios, or Kashi Go Lean Crunch) with milk and orange juice for breakfast. Sometimes it will be two Ego waffles or a 300 calorie bagel. I will also take a One-a-Day men's vitamin. I used to take one low dose aspirin, but stopped that after losing my first 30lbs lost or so.

Morning snack will be either fruit or protein (triscuits and an ounce of cheese, or a cheese stick, or beef jerky, or nuts)

Lunch consists of a sandwich on whole wheat bread with about 1 - 2 ounces of deli meat with baby spinach and a tomato slice, a serving of vegetables (carrots or peppers) or a small can of V8, fruit, and possibly something dairy (vogurt, sugar free pudding, or cheese), depending on what I had for snack that day. If I am eating lunch at home, maybe I'll have soup instead. If I want to treat myself and go out for lunch, I'll get a personal pizza or a 6 inch sub (one of the 6 grams of fat or less ones) from Subway.

I will have an afternoon snack of microwave popcorn, or one of the protein snacks listed earlier if I didn't have it in the morning or with lunch. I will try to limit this to 100 calories, though.

Dinner will be a Lean Cuisine (or maybe a Healthy Choice dinner). Sometimes I will eat the same dinner we make for our children if I can give myself a portion that would be roughly the same amount of calories as a Lean Cuisine (250 - 300).

If I have calories left, I will have a small dessert, like a 1/2 cup of ice cream, or a couple of Hershey kisses, or something else small.

In all, I can do this in about 1200 calories. Of course, sometimes I will have to cut out one of the two snacks, or dessert, or might end up around 1300 or 1400 calories, which isn't the end of the world. The key is portion control. Triscuits and cheese won't kill you as long as you stick to one serving of each (a total of 230 calories or so). This way, I don't deprive myself of stuff I like, but I have basically change my lifestyle. Once I am done to my weight goal, I can eat the type of foods I want, but not gorge myself (which was my old problem).

I also make sure to drink somewhere around 60ozs of liquid per day. Usually 8oz of coffee (half-decaf, early morning), 8oz of decaf tea, 20oz of fresh brewed decaf iced tea, and 20oz of water.

I usually keep the calorie count in my head and forgo using the FitDay food log. But I decided to start it up again today, at least for a little while, to make sure I am estimating correctly. I do use FitDay for tracking my weight loss.

Sticking to a low calorie diet (along with walking or other exercise a few times a week) I've lost 77lbs since June. I've gone from 257lbs to 180 (well, actually 179.8!). I have about 15 1/2lbs to reach my goal of 164.4 (the top of my healthy weight range for my height).
This sounds great..77 lbs in 6mnths is fabulous. My goal is to lose 80 in 6mnths on a 1200 calorie intake with exercise. You didnt mention that..did you exercise at all??

Last edited by Divaonamission; 01-12-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by directsuccess
I have had the best results with Herbalife. I lost weight immediately, gained healthy energy... but best was getting allergies, asthma and migraines under control. No asthma, migraine or blood pressure meds anymore. :

It didn't cure anything, but all symptoms are gone. I must have just had some serious food sensitivities or something.

I have tried WW in the past, I lost weight - but for some reason that wasn't enough incentive for me to keep going on it.

Tried LA Weight loss, spent a ton of money, lost some weight- it was placed between KFC & cold stone ice cream ( that was fun!!) I just couldn't stay committed.

With both- my cravings never left- or if they did- they didn't stay gone, & buying their healthier sugary snacks or salty snacks, seemed to only make my cravings hang on.

With Herbalife, I get plenty of nutrition - and my cravings are gone. If I feel like munching on something- I am looking for baby carrots,banana, apple... something along the fruit and veggies line. I found soy nuts at WINCO for 1.48 LB.

I went grocery shopping, I was hungry, & for the first time in my life- I left with bags of fruit & veggies- not chips and sweets. I was actually wanting an orange & baby carrots.

It is safe to say, that in the past the only orange I would have been eating- was the orange color of the inside of a Butter finger & the only baby anything I would have been eating would have been sugar babies.

I use the 1,2,3 Herbalife plan plus tea. I intend to use it for life, to maintain my health and nutrition.

Anyone with questions can let me know.
My goal is to try and lose 80 lbs in 6mnths. I have been on a 1200 calorie intake, and working out for a total of an hour and a half and have lost 3 lbs in 3 days. I am extremely dedicated and cannot wait to see the end result. My only problem is the time frame..I have a reunion to attend in June and I really need to be 190 by that time! What I need is a fat burner. You mentioned Herbalife, how long did it take for you to lose the weight and how much did you lose? In the meanwhile, I'm gonna google the product and do some research.

Thanks in advance for your advice!!
Old 01-13-2010, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

You sound very motivated. 1200-1400 calories per day seems really difficult to arrive at, let alone maintain. Kudos to you.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:20 PM
FitDay Member

Merylgirl, I am extremely motivated! I have never been over weight in my life. A year and a half ago, I became extremely depressed and just started putting on the lbs! Then I got pregnant so naturally, i gained even more weight. Horror ! I can no longer go on this way..I have become a hermit, havent seen some of my friends in years. Summer is right around the corner and my girlfriend contacted me and told me they are having a reunion..I cannot let them see me this way! I need to get back to living my life..the way I used to..so yes, I'm very motivated! i can't wait to look in the mirror and feel comfortable in my skin..time to take this big girl suit OFF!!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by laurielewlew
My gyno nurse practioner suggested I do a low glycemic diet because of my insulin resistiance. What did you do? Is it something you found online or a book?
I don't have insulin resistance but I've been a Type 1 (insulin dependent and hyper insulin-sensitive) diabetic for 15 years. You're right to look toward a plan that is based on eating predominantly lower glycemic index foods. For me, I've been following the basic premise of South Beach for the last three years -- not to lose weight, so I don't eat reduced-fat cheeses (I don't eat more than an ounce or two at most each day) and I do use a tablespoon of half and half total in my coffee each day, but the SBD way of eating is built upon the premise of eating whole, fresh foods. Lean meats/proteins, lots and LOTS of veggies, and whole grains, if you're able to handle them with your IR (I can't handle starchy carbs, even whole grain/whole wheat pastas and breads) really well, though I do eat two slices of whole wheat bread or rye bread with breakfast every day.

Most of my meals are based around veggies as the dominant component. For instance, I'll make an enormous salad for dinner, with 6 ounces romaine or green leaf lettuce, and use about 2-3 ounces of protein to "fill out" the meal. Often I'll have a small carb side, only one serving, as I weigh, measure, count and calculate every single gram of carbohydrate that I eat (it determines my meal doses of insulin so it has to be precise and accurate). Or I'll steam some broccoli with an ounce of melted cheese atop, and the same small carb side (I find that I can handle certain carbs fairly well, and veggie carbs VERY well, since they're so low GI), and that's dinner. For lunches, when I'm working (just lost my second job in 1.5 years due to a layoff), I'll either have a similar salad or buy those "steam fresh" veggies and steam a bag of those (~120 calories per bag) with an ounce of melted cheese atop. Sometimes an ounce of brown rice, but only an ounce or two, no more than that, because rice is another iffy food for me.

If you have any other questions, please ask. You have the right knowledge and awareness with being insulin resistant -- it's all about the carbs with diabetes/IR, and when you're eating fresh, whole foods, your carb intake is naturally going to be reduced.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Raw food diet

So far for me (and mind you its only been day 6) but i'm losing and the best part is I feel great! Tons of energy and feeling much better already. I don't count calories or even portion sizes I just eat fresh raw vegetables and fruits. Some nuts as well. I have been sick for a very long time and have not felt this great in I really can't remember.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

The Eat Clean Diet which isn't a fad diet at all but a sustainable for life program full of nutrient-rich, delicious foods that are satisfying and really energizing. That and enjoying a weekly "treat" (not "cheat") meal guilt-free, daily exercise, and tracking calories with FitDay to stay honest.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 02-03-2011 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Link removed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.