Notices

The Un-diet plan, 2lbs week challenge

Old 08-13-2013, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

Sounds good, topspally!

Yeah, I like running! Used to go 40-50 miles per week and it was a great time to let my mind wander or think through things I'd been working on. Of course, there's a certain amount of inertia in that it's not as enjoyable at first when it's hard, and on top of that you're more prone to soreness and injury starting out, especially with extra weight putting more stress on the joints. Once you get past a certain point, though, it's really hard to not run! I've signed up for three 5k races this fall for a little extra motivation.

Meanwhile, I'm finding I'm over my calorie goal by about 100 calories/day on average. Which isn't bad, it's still a calorie deficit and about 1 lb./wk weight loss, but there's some room for improvement (and it's not like I'm starving--I should be able to do this).

We can all do this! How's everyone else's week going?
Old 08-14-2013, 07:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default New week

Well had a rough week on the whole un-diet. Still was down .2 lbs and worked out 4 days this week. Since our fridge went out, I found that we ate out way to much.

So back on track this week. Good luck to everyone. Get healthy!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:04 PM
FitDay Member

This kind of challenge is definitely not hard to achieve if you focus yourself to it and do what is necessary. Well, cutting out some carbs to your diet is one way of eliminating those unwanted pounds you had. I'm already up for this challenge.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

Well, not a pound, but .6 pounds down. I am happy.
Hope everyone is doing well with their un-diet.
Keep at it.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Update

Feeling a bit frustrated this week.- I need to step up my work. I have a goal this week to eat 1200 calories (plus what I burn working out.) The numbers are still going down but hardly at all. I am trying to keep a positive attitude, but truthfully all I am thinking about right now is being hungry. Also, how am I going to do this when my husband wants to always eat out and buy me fattening foods.

The only way I will be able to do this is if I am working out a lot more and burning at least 300-400 calories a day.

Ok - enough venting; time for me to get off my pity party and start thinking positive on how I can do this instead of I can't because....

Hope everyone is seeing progress this week. Wish me luck.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hi All,
Sorry, I am just getting back to this. I lost .4 again and then 1.2. The turtle wins the race for me. There are all kinds of theories about the 1200 calorie thing. Some theories go that your net calories should be 1200 or your body thinks it is starving. I don't know how that works. I am now shooting for 1500 net, that is what TOPS suggests. Unfortunately I have not been entering in my log. It really helps me to log my food on fit day because then I see the nutritional value of what I am eating. I am trying to get fit, not skinny, uggh. Made a commitment to do that at least 4 times a week, hope it works out. That will help me get to entering my progress here too eh' Good luck folks. I am here to cheer you on.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default Re: the Un-Diet Plan

Sounds like a good plan! It's worked for me in the past just limiting my portions, but eating basically everything. I cannot say "no" to carbs or sugar (just not too much of it). I also find that not skipping meals and eating more or less at around the same time each day really helps.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, everyone! (and good luck, mmbrown!)

I've been sick for the past couple weeks and neither exercising nor tracking calories. I did lose a little bit anyway, but unfortunately, going two full weeks without running will set me back endurance-wise. I'm starting to feel a little better, and about to try a run, but it may be more of a walk as I still feel lightheaded.

I unfortunately had to skip the 5k I signed up for. I have another in a month, though. I think I will have to revise my original weight loss goal, but at least the scale is still moving in the right direction, which is the important thing.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Oh jflamingfeet, It is so hard to work on fitness when you are sick, I hope you are feeling better by now. Sorry about the 5 K, I hope you make the next one.

Good work everyone!

I have been working out very lightly because I hurt my back. I was down .4 this week. I am making recipes from Skinny Vegetarian cookbook (not putting milk in either) it is a good change of pace to stick with some new recipes instead of my standbys, I am hoping to shake up my metabolism with it. We will see in a few days at weigh in.

mmbrown74 I am sorry your husband is not being supportive right now, that is tough. A heart to heart might help him see that you need his help in this, that you need to be a team. Maybe asking him to be your weight loss coach, or something like that, would help him to share your success.

Good work LChang3, I hope that is still working for you.

Hope everyone else is still working on it and winning the good fight.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:58 PM
FitDay Member

Default Weight Loss Tips

Stress is always detrimental to healthy weight loss in the long run. Find ways to combat stress and you'll soon realise that your diet and exercise aren't sabotaged anymore, and that you truly do see results. Look at yoga, meditation, deep breathing exercises, or simple hobbies like reading to fight stress.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.