Can I lose weight without exercise?

Community
Notices

Can I lose weight without exercise?

Old 06-04-2013, 11:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SpringTime2525
I try to work out everyday but ... is very tedious sometime
Is working out sooooo important for losing weight ?
Hi,,

Yes exercise plays an important role to reduce weight. By exercising you can burn fat..
Old 07-01-2013, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

oh springtime im with you on this one im afraid ...i find exercising daily too much of a chore , i just don't seem to be able to motivate myself into doing it ...hmm that makes me sound soooo lazy! I start of with good intentions but it doesn't take long to wear of or for me to say i have something to do today il do them again tomorrow nd you know that saying tomorrow never comes well that's the case with me and exercise .....so im also happy to receive any help on this problem im also having ....sorry for crashing your post springtime and not being much help with any useful info :/
Old 08-11-2013, 01:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

It's not necessary to exercise to lose weight, in fact some research shows that exercising too much works against you in two ways.

1. It makes you hungry if you exercise too much (glucose level drops)
2. Many feel the need to 'reward with food' after hard exercise, and over do the food intake or food type. 'I just ran for an hour, surely I deserve an ice cream treat' (most of the calories in ice cream come from fat).

Truth is you can jog for an hour (about 500-600 calories) and do it 7 days a week and only lose a pound (500x7=3500) of -fat- (you might lose more "weight").

But if you cut back 500 calories (two sandwiches) per day, you can lose the same.

I'd say do some kind of movement until you start to lightly sweat (maybe 30 min brisk walking) something you can keep up day after day, and cut back slowly on white carbs, or substitute less fatty meats, and you'll fairly easily drop 1lb/week.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolynnq
It takes about 3500 calories to lose a pound. You can lose weight by eating 3500 calories less than your body needs or by exercising away 3500 calories.

For example, if your body needs 2000 calories a day to maintain its weight with your current activity level, if you ate 1500 calories a day for a week, you'd have a 500 calorie a day deficit. Times that times 7 and that's 3500 calories which should translate to about a pound loss in weight.

Or if you eat 2000 calories a day and jogged for 9 hours a week, the jogging would burn about 3500 calories and you'd lose about a pound.

Eating fewer calories a day is the easier way to weight loss, but exercise can supplement it and tone your body. Also, as you replace fat with muscle, you'll burn more calories.
I have to agree with you and thanks for providing such a great information with us. I also try to eliminate at least 1000 calories from my daily eating and although I'm struggling to do that I think I'm balancing well things. I don't have enough time to exercise daily so I would only do it 3x a week and I'm fine with that.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:19 AM
FitDay Member

you can lose weight without exercise.

Drink a glass of water or a cup of herbal tea before each meal or two just in case. What you think is hunger might just be thirst — it can be difficult to tell the difference. Drinking a full glass of water and waiting a few minutes can help you make sure you're really hungry before you dig in.

The water will also take up a little room in your stomach, which will help you feel satisfied even if you eat less. If you don't want to drink the whole glass before a meal, try taking sips between each bite.
If you crave sugary drinks instead of water, trick yourself. Put a slice of lemon or lime in your water bottle to add flavor.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:05 PM
FitDay Member

For the best results you want to do a little bit of both. Eating right is the best key to losing, but you certainly want to add in some exercise just to keep you healthier.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:11 PM
FitDay Member

Yes, balance diet and exercise is important to lose weight. You must focus in what you want to do.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:01 PM
FitDay Member

Recently i was going through this article http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss/MY00432 loved it and would like to share.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:10 PM
FitDay Member

you can loss, but maybe no enough, i did loss already ago... 1 year? and i didnt a lot exercise, but now............ its soooooooooooooooooo hard to loss if i dont do exercise, that why im not lossing now xD BUT NO MORE! IM GOING TO DO IT TOMORROW! LETS DO IT!^^
Old 10-05-2013, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

Post Lose weight with little or no exercise

Originally Posted by SpringTime2525
I try to work out everyday but ... is very tedious sometime
Is working out sooooo important for losing weight ?

The answer is of course not. Working out is not very important for weight loss. Working out everyday can infact hurt the weightloss regime. Working out twice a week can definitely speed up the process. But if you hate exercising, then just walking for half an hour a few times a week is beneficial to health. Less calories and lots of nutrients is key to what you want to achieve Try the 5:2 fasting diet.Very easy to follow and very effective. Its huge in the UK and gaining alot of media attention. I have been on it for two months. Its great!

Last edited by YanaGl; 10-09-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.