Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1
Default

I looked up the active ingredients (Hoodi Gordonii and Garcinia Cambogia) and there is no scientific evidence that they work or only very little in the case of Garcinia Cambogia, which is toxic to the liver.
spacecherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecherrypie View Post
I looked up the active ingredients (Hoodi Gordonii and Garcinia Cambogia) and there is no scientific evidence that they work or only very little in the case of Garcinia Cambogia, which is toxic to the liver.
I disagree with you! For me Lipovon works very well!
michaelap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #23 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1
Default

Bought Pure Garcinia Cambogia Extract fat burner product on the advice of a friend who used it to lose the weight that she gained during pregnancy. Started taking it the first day at home. One week later, all I can say is that I'm very impressed. My cravings are gone and I've lost 4 pounds so far. I've even in progress exercising again because I feel so good and very happy. I haven't had any side effects. Love this product!

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 10-01-2013 at 03:07 PM. Reason: removed email address
Kevinoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by estela00 View Post
Thanks for this useful information!
Hey. Do you used Lipovon. What is your opinion about Lipovon? How you feel ?
michaelap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
Kathy13118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,127
Default

For safety's sake, I'd ask your doctor,

This comes from a review of weight loss supplements in the U.S. It may differ from the policies of other countries.

'Despite widespread use, there is still limited data on
the safety and efficacy of the products currently on the
market. Because dietary supplements are viewed as food
and not drugs, they are not regulated by the Food and
Drug Administration (FDA). Instead, under the Dietary
Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA), dietary
supplements can be marketed without evidence to support
efficacy and safety. If a dietary supplement appears to be
unsafe after being marketed, the FDA can then decide
whether or not to have the product removed from the
market. This was the case for the weight loss supplement
ephedra which was removed from the market in 2004 after
reports of serious health risks . The literature published in
the arena of weight loss continues to be plagued by concerns
such as: small studies, inconsistency with participant body
weight (BMI), variation in length of studies, use of exercise,
and a variety of products at differing dosages.'

Journal of Obesity, August, 2010
An evidence-based review of fat modifying supplemental weight loss products.
Egras AM1, Hamilton WR, Lenz TL, Monaghan MS.
Kathy13118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:10 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelap View Post
Lipovon contains Garcinia Cambogia Extract. For this I use it.
What Garcinia Cambogia Extract helps of losing weight? I also want to know.. because we cant deny the fact that there are people who has low metabolism and could not easily lose weight? I just want to know?
Beley1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:12 AM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelap View Post
I don't problem with side effects. I just drank more water when I use it.
Regarding with drinking more water.. it's another factor of maintaining body weight? It would be good if it will be combined with little cardio exercise.
Beley1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:39 AM   #28 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelap View Post
Hey. Do you used Lipovon. What is your opinion about Lipovon? How you feel ?
Yes, I used to Lipovon. I lost 7 kg for 6 weeks. I'm happy for this result!
estela00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 23
Default

It's about 3 months ago when I's also looking for the best product to lose weight and someone suggest me the same product you guys are talking about but when I see the reviews there were some negatives as well, So I start hunting for another one and finally I see Roca Labs Reviews. I've searched about it a lot and everyone who've used it, were talking about it positively so I decided to place an order and I did. In the very first month I lose 34 lbs. I's 210 lbs when I start, Now I'm 115 lbs. Great Results. It changed my life.
jenniferhiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:35 PM   #30 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
Kathy13118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,127
Default

There are four weeks in a month. You lost 34 pounds in one month? That means you lost over 8 pounds each week. A doctor would question that kind of weight loss. It's likely to be unhealthy. I question the safety of that kind of supplement and that kind of weight loss.

What is a safe rate of weight loss and why?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7847427

'Nine subject groups derived from five published reports met the criteria for inclusion in the analysis. When the results of these groups were evaluated statistically, a curvilinear relationship between incidence of gallstone formation and rate of weight loss was demonstrated. The relationship was best described by an exponential regression curve, with an adjusted r2 of 0.98 and a dramatically increasing risk of gallstone formation at rates of weight loss above 1.5 kg per week.'

Gallstones can be very uncomfortable.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 06-26-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Kathy13118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2