Notices

I feel hungry all the time

Old 06-02-2013, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Creative Dancer, It took me 10 years to lose 10 pounds because I always tried to make dramatic changes to speed up the process. But that approach actually lead me to gain 30 pounds in total! It sounds like while your change in diet is healthy it may be a shock to your system even if you've been doing it for a while. The thing that made the biggest impact for me was introducing change slowly... for example just make one snack healthier, then a week later the next and then small changes to one meal - maybe a week later add a little extra exercise... and pretty soon you'll create a lifestyle that suits you and you'll see that you're reaching your goals - small changes make huge differences! Kelly
Old 06-02-2013, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default Sugarfree gum

In my venture of becoming a figure competitor, I found that chewing SF gum helped me get through the hunger. Extra makes some great dessert gums. The other trick I tried was a little bit of peanut butter to get me through...hope that helps and keep up the fight!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:37 PM
FitDay Member

Default whole foods diet

Originally Posted by Kwest85blue
I started dieting and cutting calories about 3 weeks ago. I eat the paleo bread, theres 5g of fiber per slice, so filling. I make organic egg white, organic turkey burgers, or organic quinoa veggie burgers with it.

I also eat a LOT of organic raw broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, sugar snap peas, celery, etc. THere is high fiber but high water content as well, and because of this, I struggle to get 1,000 calories in a day.

High protein + high fiber + water = FULL

hope this helps

note: sugar craving sometimes can feel like hungry, but its not
This is the good advice. You shouldn't feel hungry. You won't last like that. Fill up on vegetables. I have no weight problems and this is essentially my diet. I plan my meals around piles of veggies, rather than around meat like most people.

Processed food is evil. Quinoa, brown rice, and buckwheat are good guys.

Green smoothies have been my Godsend lately. I replaced huge fried egg/veggie/grain breakfasts with that. (I over eat in general) I sure feel great!

Banana orange apple and a leafy green like chard. Maybe some hemp seeds.

Recently I have connected my sugar pig-outs with coffee consumption. I keep coffee drinking to weekends now. What a difference! That took 3 or four weeks to adjust to. It's still hard, but I can sleep and I don't crash in the afternoon.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:47 PM
FitDay Member

Oh yeah, something I don't do enough but has amazed me is how filling a big salad can be. A dark leafy green and good lettuce like romaine as the base, then add in just about anything! Avocado is nice, some nuts or seeds, peppers and other vegetables, strawberries, tomato.... A simple home made dressing of olive oil and apple cider vinegar with other flavors in it kicks butt.

Some fat and protein will make it go a long way!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

Post hunger

Ive always had this problem for years. I figure that between meals and snacks, Ill drink my daily amount of water. That way I feel full and not hungry. This is always followed by a nice walk or bike ride. Dont want to bloat from all the water Im consuming.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:50 PM
FitDay Member

I have successfully lost 5 pounds in last 7 weeks by using a disciplined diet plan and by doing cardio and other exercises in the gym which helps me to burn my calories.

In my diet plan I have given stress to the calorie counting. Calorie counting is not just about the calories you intake but about the KINDS of calories you intake.

So to lose weight just focus on your calorie intake followed by a planned diet plan.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:43 PM
FitDay Member

Default tips to reduce hunger

Whenever you feel hungry try to drink lots of water and juice. This will reduce your hunger and make your stomach full. And follow a perfect balanced diet these tips will always help you to stay healthy.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Re: I feel hungry all the time

Your routine of eating is in the right way, that is three meals a day and 2 snacks in between the main meals. But you must take care of the following things, so that you will not feel hungry after eating all these meals.

1) SET THE PACE: Try to spend at least 30minutes eating each meal. It takes about 20minutes for your brain to realize you're full. Eat each of your meal properly and chew your food, don't gulp it.

2) Snack Properly: In between main meals you do snacking 2 times. But snacking should be done properly. i.e, After breakfast take the snack only when hunger pangs strike you. Take the 2nd snack in the same way when you feel hungry after lunch.

3) DRINK ENOUGH WATER: There are chances that you feel thirsty and mistake it as hunger. So drink enough water before and during a meal and is a good way to slow you down and consume fewer calories through out the day.

4) Give up the crappy practices: Quit smoking, drinking and other crappy practices. Drinking can affect your consciousness and you'll not realize the quantity of food you're consuming.

5) Satisfy Your Craving: Satisfy a Craving with a Healthy grub than ignore it and risk a junk-food binge later.

6) HAVE A GOOD SLEEP: Sleep gives you energy to burn more Calories during the day.People who sleep fewer than Six hours a night are 27 percent more likely to become Obese.

Try these tips and I'm sure you're gonna succeed in your weight loss journey
Old 09-04-2013, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

When I started dieting I couldn't beat out the hunger feeling either. Basically, I found out I had an ulcer and that's why I was constantly hungry. Try eating low cal Popsicle to help ease the sweet tooth.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:22 PM
FitDay Member

Hello Creative Dancer,
The only way to not feel hungry is to eat a lot of protein.

Instead of eating pasta, rice, bread, eat the amount you would eat of carbs in protein, speacially meats.

And what really has helped me not stay hungry is protein shakes.