Notices

The Scale is My Best Friend

Old 05-03-2010, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

It's a conspiracy I tell ya. All the scales on the planet have formed an alliance against us. Lock your doors, bar your windows. Be careful...yours could be next.

If you don't laugh, you'll cry...may as well go with the flow.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dizzy_44
It's a conspiracy I tell ya. All the scales on the planet have formed an alliance against us. Lock your doors, bar your windows. Be careful...yours could be next.

If you don't laugh, you'll cry...may as well go with the flow.
you know, i gave it another chance and got the same attitude. i decided not to take it too seriously, but then again, how could i NOT TAKE IT SERIOUS?

i guess i'll be continuing what i do and monitor things closely hope i do get to lose weight eventually!
Old 05-04-2010, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Is there a hidden culprit in your diet? You might give that some study, also if Aunt Flo is lurking around the corner that could be it too. And not to get too personal, but have you spent any QT on the toilet? Could be constipation. This to shall pass, hopefully.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
This to shall pass, hopefully.
Subtle, meeker, very subtle. I like it. =]

I weigh myself once a week or less. I know that my weight fluctuates within 5 lbs from day to day depending on my activities, hydration, what I ate, "regularity," etc. but I just can't help but freak out a little if in one day it goes up a couple lbs. I treat an end of the week weigh-in as sort of my average weight for the week, if it's within 1 lb of the previous week I know I'm maintaining. If I see a trend of it moving up slowly, I know it's time to fix something.

-Nik
Old 05-04-2010, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Is there a hidden culprit in your diet? You might give that some study, also if Aunt Flo is lurking around the corner that could be it too. And not to get too personal, but have you spent any QT on the toilet? Could be constipation. This to shall pass, hopefully.
auntie is to come for a visit some time soon for sure.

it happened to me last week too, i dropped to 150 and the next day went back up to 152, my scale has been upgraded so i think i shouldn't blame the scale, but i have to find out what it's problem is.
this week i dropped to 147.6 and then back @150.4.

it's so NOT FUNNY!!!!! but that doesn't mean anything it seems.