Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
How often do you step on the scale? >

How often do you step on the scale?

Community
Notices

How often do you step on the scale?

Old 11-12-2010, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default How often do you weigh yourself?

Hi there! I'm new here, on day 4 of logging my foods. I have started this plenty of times in the past but I'm really trying to stick with it this time.

I have a question just out of curiosity...how often do you all weigh in? I'm trying to get on the scale only once a week, even once a month if possible. I am the type that is discouraged by tiny fluctuations caused by water weight or one bad day. My goal is to log 30 days straight before I step on the scale again...I want to see a significant change after all my hard work, not a pound or so I might see if I weigh more frequently!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

I weigh myself all the time, it might seem crazy to some of you but I refuse to label my obsession with the scale as a problem, it keeps me on track and given how often I get derailed I need the constant reminder.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

I weigh at least every morning, but on days I have taken water pills, I weigh several times a day.

A lot of people are really good about weighing once a month or once a week, I am just a little obsessed with it LOL!

Welcome to the forums/FitDay and best of luck!
Old 11-12-2010, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hello

I weigh myself every morning as well. If I didn't I would fall off track for sure. I have a habit of saying of that little bit of what ever won't make a difference so I need to see that difference on the scale to remind me. If I only weighed myself once a month I would probably have gained 10 pounds!

Andrea
Old 11-12-2010, 07:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

At the moment, every morning. It's not so much that I'm obsessed. It just helps me get focused and ready for the day. Sort of a level-setting routine.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

I don't think it is necessarily obsessive to weigh every day, I think it is best to do whatever works for you. Weighing every day just doesn't work for me, it brings about all these negative emotions to the surface. Like if I've been trying really hard to eat healthy and don't lose or gain (even a couple ounces) I tend to think "oh f*&$ this I give up".

They've done studies that show people who lose weight and then are able to maintain it tend to weigh themselves daily. I'm just hoping to be an exception to this !
Old 11-12-2010, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

I wiegh myself every morning first thing. I'm always excited to see if that scale moves. I just always hope for it to move DOWN! I think after I wiegh myself, "be good today" and it usually works, this way I think about the scale periodically through the day and I usually will decided whether a food I'm going to eat with either help or hinder my progress.

Also when I get on the scale and it's up that morning, I work really hard that day to make the wieght on the scale go down the next day. So either way I don't look at it as negative.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

I weigh myself at least every a.m. too. It does help me a lot. I know that if I find I am avoiding the scale it is because I have been off track and I don't want to see what it has to say. I have been known to hop on at night too.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:45 PM
FitDay Member

I weigh myself daily as well. As with the others, it keeps me on track. If I didn'tand if I felt thinner one day I would allow myself a cookie and that might turn into three or four. I remind myself of my weight on a daily basis.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:42 PM
FitDay Member

I weigh myself daily but only "record" my weight on Fridays and Mondays. I may not enjoy the number on the scale (enjoying it more though) but it's only a number and weighing daily keeps me on track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.