FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   What is are some of your favorite weight loss tips? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/9026-what-some-your-favorite-weight-loss-tips.html)

Tabithalongman 01-24-2013 05:20 PM

What is are some of your favorite weight loss tips?

What are some of your most succesfull weight loss tips?? I have my few that I live by, but I am looking for some tips on cutting down. Please only share different/ unique tips.
I know about all the common ones.... lots of water lots of rest six small meals etc.

thank you so much in advance!:cool:

cjohnson728 01-24-2013 11:27 PM

FitDay Discussion Boards - Threads Tagged with fitday best of series

jrelerjr 01-25-2013 06:02 AM

Yuck----

I imagine nasty things on food that is unhealthy.

For example,

++tostada chips are unhealthy so I imagine that the salsa for them has blood in it.
++ white rice- maggots
++ ramen noodles or other noodles- worms.
++ chocolate- poo
:eek:
and this helps me turn down foods that will sabotage my goal of eating healthy foods.
Now,
If anyone cares to help me out on this idea,
how else can your imagination help with this strategy????

kozlov 01-30-2013 02:53 AM

Power naps

Hi, I believe in power naps, yopu close your eyes and breath deeply, maybe listen to music, this will reduce stress around you and increase motabolism

Originally Posted by Tabithalongman (Post 94767)
What are some of your most succesfull weight loss tips?? I have my few that I live by, but I am looking for some tips on cutting down. Please only share different/ unique tips.
I know about all the common ones.... lots of water lots of rest six small meals etc.

21richard 02-03-2013 09:03 PM

Weight loss tips

If I want to lose weight then I will always go with natural way. IN which i include

Exercise
Yoga
Meditation
morning and evening walk
healthy and nutritious food
no spicy and unhealthy food
swimming
Go to bed 1 and 2 hours after dinner
Drink some mild water early in the morning

I know this tips will surely helps you to lose weight in natural way.

Thanks.:)

antoniopablo 02-05-2013 03:43 PM

weight loss tips

For the best results in weight loss , you ahould always go for the exercise which you like the most , it will give you soothing , satisfaction and refreshment !
for daily weight loss exercise i always prefer 1 hour swimming ...it is full body exercise which tones avery part of body !!

natures1 02-07-2013 05:07 AM

Tea is key

People don't realize how many calories they consume just in beverages. Drinking teas and iced teas that are not pre-sweetened will absolutely help with losing weight. And drinking them at the right time of day is important too. White Tea and Pu-erh Tea are becoming more popular these days in helping to combat fat in the body. And Yerba Mate and Oolong are getting a reputation as metabolism boosters. Also herbals like Chickweed or Dandelion can act like a mild diuretic to help with bloating.

carolynnq 02-09-2013 11:57 AM

I have a tendency to eat when bored, worried, etc. If I get the urge to eat when I'm not really hungry, I sometimes:

1. Brush my teeth. Brushing one's teeth is associated with the end eating, plus I generally no longer feel like eating with a minty fresh mouth.

2. Walk up and down the stairs 5 times. I don't know if it's the distraction, the exercise, or thinking about how my legs ache and how few calories that effort burned, but this usually works for me.

Other "tricks":

3. Fill out your daily food log religiously. I often back off from eating something I don't really need because I don't want to have to see it in my food log and see the calorie count jump.

4. Eat more soups. In a study, two groups were allowed to each as much as they wanted. One group was fed a stew/casserole with water to drink on the side. The other group got the same stew/casserole with water added to it to make it into a soup. The soup group got filled up with less food.

5. I'm a big late-night snacker. I've made the kitchen off limits to me after 8 pm. At 7:30 pm, I'll have some fruit with cheese or nuts, and then I don't go into the kitchen until the following morning. (And, no, I haven't started stashing food in other rooms!)

6. Don't eat in front of the tv or at the computer. When I'm focused on a screen, I eat mindlesslessly and then realize I've finished my meal and haven't really enjoyed it - and usually don't feel full. Unplug and really enjoy your food.

7. I eat too fast, so I'm trying to put my spoon or fork down between bites, or chew a bite 20 times. This is another way to taste and better enjoy your food.

antoniopablo 02-11-2013 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by carolynnq (Post 95475)
I have a tendency to eat when bored, worried, etc. If I get the urge to eat when I'm not really hungry, I sometimes:

1. Brush my teeth. Brushing one's teeth is associated with the end eating, plus I generally no longer feel like eating with a minty fresh mouth.

2. Walk up and down the stairs 5 times. I don't know if it's the distraction, the exercise, or thinking about how my legs ache and how few calories that effort burned, but this usually works for me.

Other "tricks":

3. Fill out your daily food log religiously. I often back off from eating something I don't really need because I don't want to have to see it in my food log and see the calorie count jump.

4. Eat more soups. In a study, two groups were allowed to each as much as they wanted. One group was fed a stew/casserole with water to drink on the side. The other group got the same stew/casserole with water added to it to make it into a soup. The soup group got filled up with less food.

5. I'm a big late-night snacker. I've made the kitchen off limits to me after 8 pm. At 7:30 pm, I'll have some fruit with cheese or nuts, and then I don't go into the kitchen until the following morning. (And, no, I haven't started stashing food in other rooms!)

6. Don't eat in front of the tv or at the computer. When I'm focused on a screen, I eat mindlesslessly and then realize I've finished my meal and haven't really enjoyed it - and usually don't feel full. Unplug and really enjoy your food.

7. I eat too fast, so I'm trying to put my spoon or fork down between bites, or chew a bite 20 times. This is another way to taste and better enjoy your food.

Nice tricks to avoid unusual hungry feeling !! Brushing is the best one ..i have tried it many times !!

radiantrainbow 02-28-2013 10:42 PM

What is working for me now....

I have never really used this site to help me lose weight...and I have been through all kinds of fad diets... but currantly I am losing weight by eating what is right.....

I eat... log my food in the fitday foods... log my weight... and look at nutrition... find out where I am lacking and eat food high in that source... no need to eat a lot as it is calculated by the week or longer if you want...

Lately I have been steaming fish on a daily basis... as well as my veggies and rice.... which means a lot less salt and oil.... after 1 week.. I checked the pie chart for the carb, protein and fats and it was perfect... 33-34 percent in each area... and I am losing weight...

Hope this helps...

Meggietye 03-04-2013 01:05 PM

I do most of these things as well as this new one, I bought a Nutri Bullet (100.00) and use that to make green drinks, complete with avocado & banana, to keep me full. You can use a blender but will need to really chop things finely and do your drink in small batches :)

zacgagnon83 03-10-2013 07:23 PM

Tips for weight loss

Hi everybody..

I follow some tips when i feel very fat..

Take less food every time.

Talk walk daily in the morning and evening.

Always be cool.

don't think more time about any work or thing.

motivate yourself daily.
yoga.
Meditation
Forget all nothing

zacgagnon83 03-11-2013 06:46 PM

Do excise daily..

Feel young everyday and do work hard. dont be lazy,

take food less.. maintain diet. yoga, meditation also better for weight less and don't about any time weight loss.

hatemrofix 03-18-2013 12:25 PM

tips weight loss

Cut the Carbs! Cutting down on your carbohydrate intake, particularly white carbs (that is, carbs from white bread, potatoes, etc.) and instead eating more high quality lean proteins (such as chicken and fish) is a great way to drop a few pounds quickly. But don’t cut carbs completely! You should still eat fibrous carbs, such as berries, spinach and apples

rightkindofwrong 03-19-2013 01:29 AM

Something that REALLY helps me a lot is not eating past 4pm. This is very hard though! you have to have the will power to not eat dinner. I have my big meals earlier in the day and for dinner i really only have a snack. (yogurt, fruit, crackers) nothing big. It almost never fails. Everyday i do this the next day the scale is a whole pound lower. The reason being that I give my body all that time to process the food and not go to bed. Time doesnt really matter but i do make sure not to eat at least 5 hours from bedtime. :) If you have the strenghth to do this you will not be disapointed! :D

JohnRobert1964 03-19-2013 04:53 AM

No Cheese-its!!!

amanda889 03-26-2013 06:08 PM

After my pregnancy i lost a few inches around my waist.I constantly wore this adira slimming tights to work and sometimes at home too.It helped me look slim in whatever i wear,and due to constant wearing it has actually reduced some inches.Now i gym wearing it,so that i lose some serious amount of pounds.

Aamia 03-27-2013 06:13 PM

If I want to lose weight then I will always go with natural way.
Here is share some good which i use for weight lose.

Exercise
Yoga
Morning and evening walk
Healthy and nutritious food
Avoid from spicy and unhealthy food

frenchhen3 03-28-2013 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by JohnRobert1964 (Post 97007)
No Cheese-its!!!

That is Classic! Love it!

My best tip, is you have to be honest with yourself in everything. I don't eat "Diet" food "Low cal, Low Fat" to me it is all just smoke and mirrors. I eat the real deal, and watch my portions. By doing so I never feel deprived, never feel like I can or should reward myself for "being good" on my diet. Eating good IS my reward. I have never enjoyed eating so much until I made this important step, and I have never had successful weight loss in my life until making the decision to eat in this way.

rajendranrnnnn 03-28-2013 08:29 AM

My favorite weight loss tips was doing yoga. Yes of course! Yoga for weight loss is a natural way of losing your body weight. There are many advantages are found with yoga for weight loss. It does not have any side effects. Yoga for weight loss was found to be everlasting.

eam1 04-24-2013 05:38 AM

I eat when I'm hungry rather than by the clock and don't be afraid of leaving something on you plate. Make your calorie cuts from processed carbohydrates rather than protein.

gemmywilliams 04-24-2013 06:59 PM

There are many successful weight loss tips. Here i define few successful weight loss tips.

1) When you eat anything, it more slowly
2) Reduce stress levels
3) Lower your MSG intake
4) Don't drink your calories
5) Get more sleep
6) Eat without distraction
7) Eat more vegetables

aditi123 04-24-2013 08:14 PM

Hello guy's,
If you are looking for natural methods of weight loss then follow these tips...

1. Eat proper and healthy break fast
2. Avoid junk food
3. Drink lots of water
4. Avoid oily and fried items
5. Never eat a heavy dinner

volleyballgranny 04-26-2013 05:02 AM

Plan & Prepare, Write, and Be Loyal

1. Plan ahead and prepare meals so that you don't grab something unhealthy "just this once."
  2. Write down everything...and I mean everything! Keep track of your moods, your meds, your food plan, and your actual food intake.
  3. Other than that, be loyal to your plan. You can't low carb one week, low fat the next, then try low calorie. You have to pick one--journal, and see which one works best for you. Then, stick to it.
Good luck!

gr3ystone 05-04-2013 06:29 PM

H20

I can't believe no one has mentioned this....WATER.

Hungry? Drink water. I constantly drink icewater around the house. The second it's gone, I get up, fill it again and carry it everywhere.

Many, many people mistake thirst for hunger.

If you are urinating with any color, you aren't getting enough water.

anneyauster 05-06-2013 10:13 PM

Don't cut out all the food you enjoy.
Write everything down.
Mentally prepare yourself and continue giving yourself mental pep talks to keep your willpower, confidence and determination
Make a routine and stick to it
Start exercise routine and stick to it any sports/gym activity that gets your heart rate up but make sure you enjoy it
Think about what you are eating and what time of the day and stick to it, remind yourself of your original aim/goal

claire8019 05-09-2013 09:30 PM

Hello ladies,
I'm joining to the conversation.
Me too I wanna lose weight. I tried weight loss programs but they didn't work. I would like to find the best solution to lose weight without regain weight. If you have weight loss tips to give me, don't hesitate to let me know! Thanks. Claire.

claire8019 05-20-2013 04:39 AM

Thanks James,
I try to eat healthy, to drink much water and sometimes I run but I lose very little. Now, I avoid strict weight loss programs. I would like to find a natural way and effective to boost my weight loss.
According to you, is it better to eat 4-5 smaller meals?

James and other people, if you have some other tips, let me know. Thanks. Claire.

maartinn456 05-24-2013 01:24 AM

:)Initial weight loss is largely due to loss of water, and you need to drink an adequate amount of water in order to avoid dehydration. The process of burning calories requires an adequate supply of water in order to function efficiently; dehydration slows down the fat-burning process. Burning calories creates toxins (think of the exhaust coming out of your car), and water plays a vital role in flushing them out of your body. Dehydration causes a reduction in blood volume; a reduction in blood volume causes a reduction in the supply of oxygen to your muscles; and a reduction in the supply of oxygen to your muscles can make you feel tired. Water helps maintain muscle tone by assisting muscles in their ability to contract, and it lubricates your joints. Proper hydration can help reduce muscle and joint soreness when exercising. A healthy (weight loss) diet includes a good amount of fiber. But while fiber is normally helpful to your digestive system, without adequate fluids it can cause constipation instead of helping to eliminate it. Drinking water with a meal may make you feel full sooner and therefore satisfied eating less. Note, however, that drinking water alone may not have this effect. In order to feel satiated (not hungry), our bodies need bulk, calories and nutrients.so please drink clean and filtered water and to know about water filtration click here:

claire8019 06-03-2013 02:53 AM

Thanks for you answers.
According to you, drinking more water and tea like green tea can help to burn fat and to lose weight?

Cheers, Claire.

claire8019 06-14-2013 03:33 AM

Hi

Hi jameshundson and everyone,

Have you ever heard about Java Green Tea?

Have a good weekend, Claire.

SandraMartin3008 06-19-2013 09:24 PM

loosing weight is easy

I also used to feel the same way that it is extremely difficult to loose weight. However yesterday I came across this app which helps to motivate me to keep running and do other such training exercises. I have found it pretty useful. Its called motivade.com

James996 06-23-2013 05:21 PM

Some Effective tips for Weight Loss

Hii !! I would like to share some of the tips to help you out .

1. Try to make your own menu like including fresh juicy fruits, raw vegetables, high-fiber cereals that are low in calories.
2. Have food an hour before training and then within 60 minutes after your last rep
3. Calculate the calories of the food you consume per day. A daily calorie intake of 1940 calories per day for women and 2500 for men.
I would prefer you all to check out http://vimeo.com/64797621

pcotton 06-25-2013 04:12 AM

weight loss tips

What works really well for me is eating all carbs before dinner, not at nighttime. Carbs during the day makes sense since we need energy during the day but not at nighttime since we're going to be lying down and sleeping, or whatever....LOL! :)

A typical day for me would be: whole grain cereal in the morning (1 cup with silk soymilk), snack around 10:30 would be one mozzarella cheese stick and 1 medium apple. At 1:pm 1/2 cup brown rice with baked chicken breast, spinach and/or large toss salad or both if you want, then around 3:pm if I am hungry, a piece of fruit, most of the time, it's another apple and 1 (100 calorie) bag of almonds. Dinner time would be lots of vegetables/toss salad as much as you want with chicken, fish, your preference of poultry/fish/meat (generous portions). Stomach feels good when I'm off to bed. Hope this is helpful.

pcotton 06-25-2013 04:17 AM

weight loss tips

I'm resending my note as shown below: Those silly faces came up where I had inserted my "eating times" those silly faces came up (not intended) Sorry about that. Here's my note again.

What works really well for me is eating all carbs before dinner, not at nighttime. Carbs during the day makes sense since we need energy during the day but not at nighttime since we're going to be lying down and sleeping, or whatever....LOL!

A typical day for me would be: whole grain cereal in the morning (1 cup with silk soymilk), snack around 10:30 would be one mozzarella cheese stick and 1 medium apple. At 1:00 1/2 cup brown rice with baked chicken breast, spinach and/or large toss salad or both if you want, then around 3:00 if I am hungry, a piece of fruit, most of the time, it's another apple and 1 (100 calorie) bag of almonds. Dinner time would be lots of vegetables/toss salad as much as you want with chicken, fish, your preference of poultry/fish/meat (generous portions). Stomach feels good when I'm off to bed. Hope this is helpful.

StevieGerrard 07-20-2013 04:19 AM

Personally I would have to say that from my own personal experiences my best tips for weight loss are:

1. Always make sure you get your five a day, no matter what. Fruit and veg are not only low in calories but high in nutrients and help your health and weight.

2. You don't have to do it religiously but count your calories, and better still do this in line with how many calories you as an individual needs to consume each day. That way you will just get into the habit of eating foods that tally up close to how much you need to either maintain or lose weight. There are loads of cool free online calorie counter websites that you can use. Calorie count has tons of foods, as does calorie king, but I like calorie-in-foods because it is easier to use and the information is clearer. Plus I love the picture menus, just looks and feels user friendly.

3. Eat enough at mealtimes so you don't snack. Just eating 3 meals a day was a chore for me at first, but after months of literally forcing myself into a better routine, I was able to do this and cut out snacking and overall this helped me lose weight.

4. get your body into a routine, go to bed and get up at the same time, this helps your metabolism and my sleep clock used to be all over the place. But I believe that settling this into a normal routine helped.

5. Get into the mindset that working out doesn't necessarily mean a hardcore session at the gym. Just walking to the store and back, or round the block once a day is going to burn some calories and help you get just that minimum amount of exercise that you should be getting each day. Walking is free and anyone can do it so there is no excuse!

I am sure most of these are repeated but I am just saying they all worked for me.

Hope this helps someone :)