Notices

What is are some of your favorite weight loss tips?

Old 06-14-2013, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi

Hi jameshundson and everyone,

Have you ever heard about Java Green Tea?

Have a good weekend, Claire.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:24 PM
FitDay Member

Default loosing weight is easy

I also used to feel the same way that it is extremely difficult to loose weight. However yesterday I came across this app which helps to motivate me to keep running and do other such training exercises. I have found it pretty useful. Its called motivade.com
Old 06-23-2013, 05:21 PM
FitDay Member

Default Some Effective tips for Weight Loss

Hii !! I would like to share some of the tips to help you out .

1. Try to make your own menu like including fresh juicy fruits, raw vegetables, high-fiber cereals that are low in calories.
2. Have food an hour before training and then within 60 minutes after your last rep
3. Calculate the calories of the food you consume per day. A daily calorie intake of 1940 calories per day for women and 2500 for men.
I would prefer you all to check out http://vimeo.com/64797621

Last edited by James996; 06-23-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default weight loss tips

What works really well for me is eating all carbs before dinner, not at nighttime. Carbs during the day makes sense since we need energy during the day but not at nighttime since we're going to be lying down and sleeping, or whatever....LOL!

A typical day for me would be: whole grain cereal in the morning (1 cup with silk soymilk), snack around 10:30 would be one mozzarella cheese stick and 1 medium apple. At 1m 1/2 cup brown rice with baked chicken breast, spinach and/or large toss salad or both if you want, then around 3m if I am hungry, a piece of fruit, most of the time, it's another apple and 1 (100 calorie) bag of almonds. Dinner time would be lots of vegetables/toss salad as much as you want with chicken, fish, your preference of poultry/fish/meat (generous portions). Stomach feels good when I'm off to bed. Hope this is helpful.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default weight loss tips

I'm resending my note as shown below: Those silly faces came up where I had inserted my "eating times" those silly faces came up (not intended) Sorry about that. Here's my note again.

What works really well for me is eating all carbs before dinner, not at nighttime. Carbs during the day makes sense since we need energy during the day but not at nighttime since we're going to be lying down and sleeping, or whatever....LOL!

A typical day for me would be: whole grain cereal in the morning (1 cup with silk soymilk), snack around 10:30 would be one mozzarella cheese stick and 1 medium apple. At 1:00 1/2 cup brown rice with baked chicken breast, spinach and/or large toss salad or both if you want, then around 3:00 if I am hungry, a piece of fruit, most of the time, it's another apple and 1 (100 calorie) bag of almonds. Dinner time would be lots of vegetables/toss salad as much as you want with chicken, fish, your preference of poultry/fish/meat (generous portions). Stomach feels good when I'm off to bed. Hope this is helpful.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Wink

Personally I would have to say that from my own personal experiences my best tips for weight loss are:

1. Always make sure you get your five a day, no matter what. Fruit and veg are not only low in calories but high in nutrients and help your health and weight.

2. You don't have to do it religiously but count your calories, and better still do this in line with how many calories you as an individual needs to consume each day. That way you will just get into the habit of eating foods that tally up close to how much you need to either maintain or lose weight. There are loads of cool free online calorie counter websites that you can use. Calorie count has tons of foods, as does calorie king, but I like calorie-in-foods because it is easier to use and the information is clearer. Plus I love the picture menus, just looks and feels user friendly.

3. Eat enough at mealtimes so you don't snack. Just eating 3 meals a day was a chore for me at first, but after months of literally forcing myself into a better routine, I was able to do this and cut out snacking and overall this helped me lose weight.

4. get your body into a routine, go to bed and get up at the same time, this helps your metabolism and my sleep clock used to be all over the place. But I believe that settling this into a normal routine helped.

5. Get into the mindset that working out doesn't necessarily mean a hardcore session at the gym. Just walking to the store and back, or round the block once a day is going to burn some calories and help you get just that minimum amount of exercise that you should be getting each day. Walking is free and anyone can do it so there is no excuse!

I am sure most of these are repeated but I am just saying they all worked for me.

Hope this helps someone