Notices

Help! Cruise time!

Old 01-15-2013, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Help! Cruise time!

I just recently found out I am going on a cruise March 2nd. I would love to lose 15 pounds before I go. I have a great dress, but I can't zip it yet! I started carb cycling to see if that helps. I have lost 40 pounds in the last two years, so I am used to going slow and steady. And I know quick is not the best way to go, but I really want to wear this dress! I go to the gym as much as I can, at least 4-5 times a week. I started doing 50 squats a day. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

Smile

Count your calories. On WW, you can expect to lose around 2 pounds a week but that is if you really WORK the program. Most people start out being super-careful of points (calories) but time wears on and they slack off. That's the challenge of losing weight, right?

So 15 pounds is a little too much to lose in such a short time, realistically. Really count your calories if you're so motivated, but calories is basically what it is - carb restriction just ends up being calorie restriction in the end. See what works for you.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by zahut
I just recently found out I am going on a cruise March 2nd. I would love to lose 15 pounds before I go. I have a great dress, but I can't zip it yet! I started carb cycling to see if that helps. I have lost 40 pounds in the last two years, so I am used to going slow and steady. And I know quick is not the best way to go, but I really want to wear this dress! I go to the gym as much as I can, at least 4-5 times a week. I started doing 50 squats a day. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!
I also agree with the slow and steady for long term success but with a little over 6 weeks until your cruise I don't see why you couldn't lose 15 pounds.

When I "cut" I lose inches pretty quickly by eating real food only. I am a low carber so I also cut my carbs even lower. I also drink A LOT of water!

Good luck!