Notices

Is anyone else setting 10% goals?

Old 04-15-2010, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Is anyone else setting 10% goals?

I need to lose 100lbs. pretty much right on the dot. My first goal is to lose 10% of my body weight and then reward myself (non-food). When I get to my final goal weight Im rewarding myself with a cruise. Ive always wanted to go so bad! I just wonder if anyone else is using/have used a system like this before? and if so, how is it/did it work for you? I just know if I go in with an attitude of "i have to lose 100lbs!" then it will never happen.

Weight April 1, 2010: 251.3
Weight April 15, 2010: 246.1
1st goal Weight: 226
Final Goal Weight: 150 (this is what I was at my healthiest & strongest and when I got married 10 years ago.)

BTW nobody knows what I weigh in my personal/work life. so thats a big step posting it on here....even though I feel like Im going to have an anxiety attack over it So heres to never having to write that highest weight again!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:06 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like a realistic goal and a good one. I know you can reach it. then set another. I don't think anyone on here goes around telling people our weight but as long as you have taking control, that all anyone needs to know and they will be able to tell you have without you saying a word. Stay with it and I wish you all the luck to reach your goals.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

I set goals. I would like to say that they are the normal 10 pounds or 20 pounds or whatever, but lots of my goals aren't normal. My first wacky goal was to get down to what I weighed when I bought some size 20 jeans that I haven't been able to wear in 4 years. So when I reached that weight I got to wear the jeans and I gave away the 22's and 24's. My next goal was to break through the 200 pound mark, which let me just say took forever. When I finally weighed 199 I bought some shirts, some new underwear and some workout clothes. Then when I hit 50 pounds I got my hair cut, the day I finally weighed less than my husband was a great day and I bought some jeans (some that fit and some that are too small so I have something to work toward). When I hit 60 pounds I bought myself a new dress, and it's quite a hot little number too (well hot for me). Now I'm sitting at 63-64 pounds and I'm thinking I'm going to get myself some new bras at the 70 pound mark. When I hit the 74 pound mark, now that's going to be a great day because that's what I weighed when we got married. I haven't decided what to do for that, but I'm thinking it should involve jewelry? I love that cruise idea, but I don't think my husband will be okay with that, since he spent time yesterday booking a trip to Disney. Which hopefully will be right around the time I hit my goal weight, fingers crossed.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

48 lbs is too much to tackle in one bite (pardon the pun). I've been setting goals every 10 pounds, 169 158 149 139..the second one is 158 because that's halfway between my starting weight of 182 and final goal of 135, give or take 3 lbs. I didn't have a reward for 169 except being able to button my pants and still breathe. At 158 it's new jeans, 149 is officially out of the overweight zone for me, so that will be sundresses. 139 will be leather pants, because I've always wanted a pair just to have them, and now that the hubs has a motorcycle I actually have a place to wear them without feeling silly

Last edited by Lizzycritter; 04-15-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

Leather pants uh? So the future Lizzycritter is a hot rocking biker chick in leather pants? You go girl.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

my reward after getting to my goal weight is plastic surgery... lots and lots of surgery to remove all my extra skin.

My 10% goal is a facial at the day spa.