Community
Notices

quitting smoking

Old 08-19-2012, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

Default Quit Smoking and Live your Life better

Hi...
Stop smoking aids are among the effective techniques that one can use to crush their nicotine addiction. However, as they say, what works for some may not work for everyone. One of the best products that I have ever come across to quit smoking is XXXXX Gum and I believe in that product because today with the help of that I have quit smoking and from past six months I have not got a single craving...

Regards,
Neil

Last edited by cjohnson728; 09-01-2012 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Links to external sites selling products not permitted per FitDay terms of use
Old 08-21-2012, 08:31 PM
FitDay Member

if you have the feeling of smoking, try to have some sweet candy to alleviate the urge. Divert your attention to some physical exercises.. Good luck!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

I quit smoking a few months ago and in the process gained about 10 lbs , however there were other contributing forces at work in my life at the time...

Now a few months down the line Ive lost that weight and lost even more inches and can jog/do cardio for twice as long as I used to The energy really is great and the cravings and urges i used to get when a friend or family member would smoke around me are gone, In part because I dont want to lose the new energy Ive gained.

Each person quits differently just like each person loses weight differently. If you need to take a hold on your diet to quit smoking then i say go for it, but just make a commitment to lose back all the weight you may gain.

maybe you can use fitday to make sure you dont overeat while quiting but not restrict you calories below what you burn. Or maybe you could create a custom food called cigarets on fitday to keep you accountable if you cheat.

whatever you do I wish you goodluck!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:46 PM
FitDay Member

Default Smoking

Smoking having number of disadvantages for our health and not good.
I did not smoke yet and will not. If you want to lose weight just maintain your diet and start doing exercise both will help you.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the replies. I have been smoke free for 11 days now and it is getting easier (but still really hard!). Thus far I have not gained any weight, but neither have I lost. I have noticed a desire to snack more but am trying to control it. Drinking lots of water helps. Thanks again!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fresh Fruit and Veggies Help Too!

There is a great article in Men's Health this month about the science behind why incorporating fresh fruits and veggies helps you quit smoking easier. Highly recommend reading it.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

Quitting smoking is the hardest thing ever. I'm planning on joining an MMA gym in hopes of staying fit and hopefully quitting smoking at the same time.