Notices

One way to keep motivated.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Default One way to keep motivated.

I am an assistant coach with my kids' high school cross country team. My wife has always been a runner and she got our kids into it. The sport is impossible to watch unless you run around a little bit yourself. Anyway, practice starts tomorrow and here's some motivation for me.

"Average weight of girls team: 98 lbs. Average weight of boys team:125 lbs. Average weight of other two coaches: 130 lbs. Amount of motivation for me to lose weight: infinity." Most of the kids at these meets have parents who are runners so I really feel like I stand out at the meets with everyone seeming to be on the low end of the healthy BMI (and me in the morbidly obese range last year). Tomorrow I'll be 70 pounds lighter than the last time some of these kids saw me.

I have to admit that I can't wait to see their reaction (though I'll still be double some of their weights--at least I won't be triple).
Old 08-01-2012, 07:48 PM
FitDay Member

It sounds like you have done a lot of work this year, and I'm sure that there will be some accolades from at least some of the runners etc. Keep going with your goals, I'm sure you will get plenty of encouragement from those around you!
Old 08-15-2012, 02:09 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats! It seems that you've a lot of work to achieve your goal. I hope i can do that too. I just need more motivation.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, that's wonderful... and great motivation!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Awesome job.

It will be great to read some of the responses... maybe a great addition to the "success stories" tread
Old 08-26-2012, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

I ran 4.5 miles this morning. 2.25 without walking any. Both are records for me. I'm still not quite good enough to hang with our slowest middle school kids, but I'm close. I'm down to 218 lbs and my BMI of 30.4 is just barely in the obese range. Everyone is very proud of me.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:11 AM
FitDay Member

TOTALLY AWSOME!!! Way to go, and keep it up... You are an inspiration to many