FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   Tips to curb hunger? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/7731-tips-curb-hunger.html)

karmineghia2012 06-23-2012 04:10 PM

Tips to curb hunger?

These are oldies but goodies

At least two cups of green tea or yerba mate (they kill my appetite as well as my latte cravings for some reason)
LOTS of seltzer water (I flavor mine with a dash of orange juice), especially before and during meals
Baby carrots as snacks

Any other ideas? Thanks!

mattymath 06-24-2012 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by karmineghia2012 (Post 84121)
These are oldies but goodies

At least two cups of green tea or yerba mate (they kill my appetite as well as my latte cravings for some reason)
LOTS of seltzer water (I flavor mine with a dash of orange juice), especially before and during meals
Baby carrots as snacks

Any other ideas? Thanks!

Dill pickles, cucumbers, pickled hot peppers. All close to know Calories, but they fill me up.

rpmcduff 06-25-2012 07:47 AM

10 raw almonds. The fat is supposed to help suppress appetite!

kkotelman 06-26-2012 01:01 AM

A probiotic and a few grams of/soluable fiber/FOS like inulin, oligofructose, fructooligosaccharides (FOS), galactooligosaccharides (GOS), and other oligosaccharides in my coffee. This tides me over for 3-4 hours, drinking lots of water keeps my belly feeling full.

MAY CAUSE LOTS OF GAS! if you not use to fiber. Start with small amounts

Sometime I eat a tablespoon or 2 of coconut oil. That will usualy add another hour till I'm feeling hungry.

wildbeanerz 06-26-2012 02:49 AM

Sugar free chewing gum and lots of water

mollymendel 07-01-2012 02:30 AM

High Fiber Foods

Add high fiber foods to your diet such as; whole wheat pasta and breads or avocados. High fiber foods keeps you full longer reducing your daily calorie intake.

MarkTaylor44 07-02-2012 01:54 AM

Definitely, water is the best thing to lose weight and it is very effective for the stomach. Moreover, green leafy vegetables more minerals and vitamins are best things to lose weight and these are amazing tips to lose weight.

nichaleh 07-15-2012 03:51 PM

I drink tea or coffee, do something else, wait before eating and see if you really want it or you're just bored.

Another trick from the csiro diet, and WW does it too is to cook up a big pot of soup at the start of the week using low cal or point free vegies, light stock and a few herbs and spices. a cup of this in the arvo slump or after dinner when you start wanting to snack can really help.

vjykmr89 08-12-2012 05:24 PM

have you tried drinking a lot of water this hepls to make you feel less hungry or tea with no sugar works well too and you could try drinking a pint of water before you eat to help you want to eat less
try occupying yourself with puzzles or something maybe magazines
hope this helps
good luck