Low Carb High Fat lifestyle >

Low Carb High Fat lifestyle

Community
Notices

Low Carb High Fat lifestyle

Old 06-10-2012, 01:43 PM
FitDay Member

Default Low Carb High Fat lifestyle

Anyone here heard of low carb high fat diet? lchf is supposed to be a good diet to lose weight and control diabetes 2. This runs in my family so I am really interested and have actually started to implement some of the diets strategies. I am cutting my carb intake drastically and am staying away from refined carbs which spike up my blood sugars. This morning I had bacon and eggs for breakfast and then for lunch I had tuna with lots of mayo and lettuce and onions. I dont feel hungry. Any thoughts?
Old 06-10-2012, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Sounds like a variation on Atkins to me. You might want to check out that thread here (might be in the Diets forum), there's a good community there.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ljpje

Anyone here heard of low carb high fat diet? lchf is supposed to be a good diet to lose weight and control diabetes ...
You mean besides the Atkins diet, the Zone diet, Protein Power, Primal Blueprint, SugarBusters, and the South Beach Diet?

Never heard of it.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
Sounds like a variation on Atkins to me. You might want to check out that thread here (might be in the Diets forum), there's a good community there.
thanks I will check it out
Old 06-13-2012, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default me also

I am also seeking this information. Anyone can help me out???
Old 06-26-2012, 03:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I have had good success on this kind of diet. When I was younger I lost a significant percentage of my body weight on the Carbohydrate Addicts Lifespan Program, and kept if off for five years. Now I am working the Protein Power Phase I plan. They work well if you are hypersensitive to the insulin produced by carbs. There is a quiz here - The Carbohydrate Addict's Official Quick Quiz - to see whether you are one of these people. (If you answer "yes" to most of the questions, and think "of course, doesn't everyone?" find a naturally slender friend and ask them to take it and compare answers. You might be surprised.) If you aren't sensitive to carbs, this kind of diet probably isn't the right one for you. There are different forms of the basic concept, and some are healthier than others. The best don't describe themselves as "high fat," but encourage you to eat low-glycemic vegetables, and lean protein. You still end up with a high percentage of your calories from fat, because once you reduce carbs and make sure to get enough protein, fat is where most of your calories are, but you also get nutrition and fiber. Good luck!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:10 AM
FitDay Member

Anyone here heard of low carb high fat diet? lchf is supposed to be a good diet to lose weight and control diabetes 2. This runs in my family so I am really interested and have actually started to implement some of the diets strategies. I am cutting my carb intake drastically and am staying away from refined carbs which spike up my blood sugars. This morning I had bacon and eggs for breakfast and then for lunch I had tuna with lots of mayo and lettuce and onions. I dont feel hungry. Any thoughts?
Hi, I have been on LCHF for about 3 weeks now. I am not a diabetic....I have done it for weight loss, as I simply could not control my weight on carbs, no matter how much I exercise etc. I started LCHF after spending a month in Sweden where this life style of eating is very popular.
The following links are about LCHF (I'm sorry if you have already read them).

Diet Doctor - Real food for your health

LCHF - A way of life: Annika Dahlqvist: About me and my blogg

LCHF is the shit - YouTube

If you haven't already ready them I suggest you read the research, read personal blogs and watch videos by Andreas Eenfeldt, MD. (the Diet Doctor) and Annika Dahlqvist who give evidence on their research on why LCHF is very good for a diabetic life style.. but of course you need to make up your own mind.

On a personal note, LCHF has given me incredible control over my eating habits, the weight loss is already notable, I feel a greater sense of calm, and sharper in the mind at the same time. So for me so far so good. Good luck with the life style you choose.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:53 AM
FitDay Member

This is the only type of diet that has ever worked for me in the long-term. The body will burn carbs for energy before it burns fat, so by drastically reducing your carb intake, your body is forced to feed on its fat reserves, thereby helping you lose weight.

But don't make the mistake of cutting out all carbs. I love to eat avocados and nuts, both of which are packed with protein and fiber (to aid in digestion). You'll need these things to help your body process the increased fats that you're eating - they tend to block up your bowels after awhile (I know...that's really gross).

Good luck!