Notices

Old member but come back to lose 80lbs

Old 06-23-2012, 11:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Old member but come back to lose 80lbs

Hi Everybody,

I have been a member for awhile and lost a lot of weight and kept it off until a very stressful year. Now I am gearing back up to lose again and keep it off. Need support again and keep on track. The biggest challenge is a busy lifestyle with a commute of an hour and half each way and finding a way to get the exercise I need and eat the way I should.

Take care,

Raven

Old 06-25-2012, 01:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Raven1379
Hi Everybody,

I have been a member for awhile and lost a lot of weight and kept it off until a very stressful year. Now I am gearing back up to lose again and keep it off. Need support again and keep on track. The biggest challenge is a busy lifestyle with a commute of an hour and half each way and finding a way to get the exercise I need and eat the way I should.

Take care,

Raven

Welcome back! If there's anything we can do to help, just say the word.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-29-2012, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

welcome back! small steps and reasonable goals will get you there. You can do it!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

yes welcome back indeed!,, if you would like to can you tell us how it happened so others can learn from it?
Old 06-30-2012, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

You've lost weight before, so you know you can do it again!
Old 06-30-2012, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, welcome back!
Congrats on your earlier success--as others have said, you did it once, you can definitely do it again!
One hint for your commutes: when you're at stoplights, try tightening different muscle groups for as long as you can (or for the duration of the red light). It doesn't seem like much, but it's an easy way to make your muscles work a little harder without putting in any extra time.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

I had a similar commute. If you have a CD player in your car, go to iTunes and listen to some of the awesome weight loss motivation podcasts they have. You can burn CDs from playlists you create on iTunes and use them to motivate yourself for health and weight loss.

Once you're at work, just try to move more. One change I've made to my home computer is to elevate the keyboard and monitor so I have to use the computer standing up. This is a big change from being sedentary for hours. At first, my feet hurt. It got better.

Also, you can see if your company would allow a WW group to meet. I don't know if you'd ever do Weight Watchers (I do) but having a support group at work is very convenient and effective. I know an overweight married couple who both lost weight when the husband got into the workplace WW group and his wife followed the plan while being a stay-at-home mom.