Notices

Day 1!!!:)

Old 03-29-2010, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 1!!!:)

So im trying to lose 18 pounds by mid-june. i run 2.5 miles everyday and i just started my diet today. im gonna try to take it one day at a time (sometimes 1 hour at a time haha) but i get bored. i love working out but i dont like doing the same work out everyday. same with eating i tend to get into ruetines that i get super bored with. If anyone has any new work outs or recipes I would love to hear them!! i guess boredom is gonna be my biggest enemy through out my journey.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on making such a great plan & having the wisdom to know your 'weak spots' so you'll be prepared. There are some threads here in the Food section for recipe ideas, also other sites have tons & tons if you do a search on low cal or low fat or low carb recipes (which ever one you're doing). There's another thread on Workout DVDs for ideas to keep things fresh for you, also check your local library for books about different types of workouts & your local gym or YMCA for exercise classes. When I have a workout partner I never get bored, maybe you could do some workouts, like interval walking, with a friend or family member a couple times a week.
Good luck!
Old 04-01-2010, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

There are so many different ways to expend a lot of energy beside running 200-400cal/hour
  • boxing
  • capoera
  • dancing
  • sprint/walk/run intervals
  • powerlifting
  • bodybuilding
  • cycling

in terms of routines do you mean weight routines. doing shoulders one day, legs the next etc?

Last edited by rrross; 04-01-2010 at 06:07 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

Tabata intervals! You can do them with any exercise and each round only takes 4 minutes. You alternate between the exercise for 20 seconds, then rest for 10 seconds, and do 8 turns for a total of 4 minutes.

Try it with push-ups, squats, kettlebell swings, sprinting, jumping rope, calisthenics, pretty much anything you can think of. They're hard! And never boring.

Good luck!

-Nik