Notices

whats wrong?

Old 05-28-2012, 10:04 PM
FitDay Member

Default whats wrong?

Help! I'm stuck! About a month ago I started Curves and FitDay, weighed 198, 12 lbs FLEW off, 2 weeks ago I got an elliptical, and now in addition to Curves for 45 min a day I'm doing about 40 minutes (a little over 2 miles) on the machine.eating 1200-1400 calories a day (1 slip up with some damn fried oreos)and this scale has NOT moved in almost 2 weeks! WTF?? I drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning and then water with some lime or lemon in it the rest of the day.A gallon of water a day!! What m I doing wrong? Please help! I getting frustrated!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

There are a lot of resources on here about how to break weight plateaus. If you look at the "Best of..." series (I think it's here under weight loss tips, you can find lots of information.

In brief - plateaus happen to everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE! I went a month last year losing absolutely 0 lbs. I know it's frustrating, but you've got to power through it. Biggest helps include switching up exercise routine, adding some weights especially. Could try staggering calories, so your body doesn't get used to one amount. You can google it or try here : Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs and choose 7-day caloric cycle.

Good luck!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Thank u so much for the info.Very helpful.Someone else told me my body may b going into starvation mode,but I'm scared to consume more calories coz I dont wanna go nuts again with eating ya kno?Guess I'll just keep pluging along.Just hope it's not all for nothin'! I've heard about the plateaus,but I truly didn't think it would happen so soon-after one month?Really?
Thanks again!

Jill
Old 05-29-2012, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Yes really.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...st-series.html
Old 05-29-2012, 09:34 AM
FitDay Member

That is so amazing 2 me.last time I lost weight I didn't hit a plateau til 6 months. Guess me being 41 makes a big difference
Old 05-29-2012, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

I plateaued once, and I actually went camping with the bf for a few days. We also went to the beach and did our own thing. When I came back, I went at it with renewed effort, and my plateau went away.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by azazelsfyre
I plateaued once, and I actually went camping with the bf for a few days. We also went to the beach and did our own thing. When I came back, I went at it with renewed effort, and my plateau went away.
yes, the same happened to me
Old 06-04-2012, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Adding calories can be scary, but if you add healthy calories, you should be fine. Start with an extra piece of fruit or serving of vegetables a day. You'll get the added nutrition along with a small increase in calories.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

How much protein are you getting in your diet? With all that exercise you need protein to repair and build muscle. Try to get 30% of your calories from protein (for your 1200-1400 calorie diet that would be 360-420 calories or 90-105 grams). Give it a try for a week and you should start to see results.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know your height/weight data, but it sounds like a simple plateau. On most diets, weight flies off the first couple of weeks and it is so exciting. Then your body begins to adjust to the reduced calorie intake. Varying your exercise routine is a good idea and possibly adjusting your calories slightly up instead of down, but most of all, I think you have to just have patience. You will get there, just stick to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.