Notices

In need of an 8 pack

Old 05-25-2012, 04:19 PM
FitDay Member

Default In need of an 8 pack

Help me! I am trying to get an 8 pack bad. I already can see 4 but the bottom 4 don't wanna show.

I am 20 year old male, 6 feet 0, 205 lbs, 12% bodyfat.
I have a very very lean physique. I hardly have any fat. But unfortunately the little that I have seems to be covering up my abs making it hard to see them!
I lift weights 4-5x a week. I also do like 5-10 min cardio each workout day. Usually on the elliptical or treadmill.

I will post my macros hopefully you can tell me what I need to do to fix it.

Protein/Carbs/Fat (per day in grams)
260/450/120
Calories per day: 4000

I eat mostly chicken, steak, tuna, tilapia, beef, turkey, eggs, cheese, milk, strawberries, blueberries, orange slices, pineapple slices, banana, apple
and then I usually eat one meal that is random 1x a day. Which is usually 2 bowls frosted flakes, or 2-4 burritos, or both lol.

Plz help, I am so close to having a six pack I don't know what to do. Is it my diet or do i need more cardio? Also what ab exercises should I do?
Old 05-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Previously discussed in another section; you may find this useful:
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...-pack-abs.html
Old 06-06-2012, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

Part of your problem may be you eat an awful lot of fruit. A little fruit is ok, but you eat a lot and fruit is sugar. Sugar is carbs. Consuming too many carbs can prevent losing bodyfat and abs won't show if you carry too much bodyfat.

Also noticed that 2-4 burritos. I know you didn't say you ate it often, but that's way too much and that may be sabotaging you. Why 4?? Those things are fat and loads of carbs. Also cereal is high carbs & sugars. Be careful with cheese too. I know the stuff is tasty and its high protein, but its also high fat. Why don't you list any vegetables? Vegetables particularly green ones are so low in calories they are almost like free feeding. Not to mention testosterone, which guys need to build muscle, are in several vegetables- namely celery, broccoli and yams. That said do keep in mind not everyone can have 8 packs. Most people genetically can only have 6 packs. To develop the lower ones which are the hardest do planks. Breads, grains and beer are what put the gut on men that covers their abs. Its the hardest thing to lose for most guys.

Did you get measured professionally or with calipers because 205 is too heavy to be at 12% BF? 4000 calories seems extremely high unless you exercise 8 hours a day.

Last edited by Wohali; 06-06-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

Just give it some time, it looks like you're on the right track. If you've got 4 abs showing, you've only got 2 more to go. There's only 6, not 8. The bottom two may have a horizontal ridge which makes it look like 4, so you might have 4 to go.

Fun with math aside, I'd suggest flipping your ratios of carb and fat, and dropping calories by about 10-20%. This will put you at 3200-3600 calories, Give you plenty of fuel to power your lifting workouts, without giving those carbs a chance to convert over to fat and line your waist. You don't appear to be doing much cardio so all those carbs really aren't doing you much good. Skip the frosted flakes and burritos, focus on whole clean foods and you should see the rest of your abs in no time.

Wohali, best way to optimize testosterone is to load up on eggs with all their tasty cholesterol (cholesterol is the main building block for testosterone). I think Josh has the right idea, just needs minor tweaks