Notices

What is the Most Weight I can lose in a month?

Old 05-13-2012, 11:28 PM
FitDay Member

Default What is the Most Weight I can lose in a month?

From your own experience with weight loss, between 14th may-14th June, how much weight is it possible for me to lose? I weigh 163lbs and am on a 1,200 cals daily diet. I also excersise 1-2 hours every day. It states on fit day that reaching my goal of 152lbs in a month is too drastic. What do you think?
Old 05-14-2012, 12:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mila2012
From your own experience with weight loss, between 14th may-14th June, how much weight is it possible for me to lose? I weigh 163lbs and am on a 1,200 cals daily diet. I also excersise 1-2 hours every day. It states on fit day that reaching my goal of 152lbs in a month is too drastic. What do you think?
Possible, yes. Probable, I'd have to say no. I think at that weight, and assuming you are female that you'd have to exercise considerably more than one to two hours a day to reach that goal. Just MHO, of course.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-14-2012, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

yes it is possible.i was 216 in january two years ago and by june i was 165.i lost 8-10 pounds each month just eating less.i didnt even exercse.i gained all the weight i lost though,and im here stuck again,but in 2 weeks i lost 4 pounds.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

I don't count calories, but I follow suzanne somers food combining/sugar free diet. I have followed her plan for years, but for the last year or two I gradually let it slide. So I decided to be strict again, and I lost 7 pounds the first month. I exercise daily (jillian michaels 30 day shred or ripped in 30 which are only 25-30 long). I think it is possible, but you may have to limit carbs and sugars and make sure the exercise is vigiorous. I went on to lose a total of 16 in 2 months or so.

Good Luck!
Old 05-26-2012, 07:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

It is possible if you really work at it. I eat 1300 cal per day, I walk 30 min and if I do 2 Oxycise (cardio) dvd's per day I can lose 1 lb per week. Everyone is different but if you really put the work into it you will get something good out of it..best of luck!

meggietye
Old 06-02-2012, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

I did Atkins and 1800 calories max. In my first month I dropped 28 pounds. Now I weighed 298 pounds so I had more room to lose, but I think you can see that losing 11 is entirely doable.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:40 PM
FitDay Member

So I am on a journey with Adkins also. I have tried everything under the sun as many of you have. I didn't lose the baby weight and as time flies and I look at my kids and I realize I have been overweight to greatly obese for 30 years. I wasn't doing to bad staying at a stable weight for years, however I fell and got injured at work. Once they pulled me out of work and kept adding and or changing meds I found my weight to increase on a steady basis. I have found myself at 303lbs. since my fall in 04. They have fixed me the best they can until I need replacements. I cannot exercise like all of you. I am lucky if I can get a few minutes on the recumbent bike. In therapy for years 5 days a week. 3 days in the pool. I would love to be able to exercise to help me along. My talk with my pcp has come down to 1 thing. I have to be able to eat correctly to lose the weight. Most diets won't work as well after I get several weeks into it. I hope all goes well and I wish you all make great progress. K not sure if I have even posted in the right place. so let me know if I should post elsewhere. Sorry for the long story but this is the 1st time I have attempted to post my weight anywhere not even my hubby knows my weight.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

It takes great courage to admit your weight to anybody, so kudos to you. You are among others here who understand your plight. It sounds to me like you feel that you have very little control over factors that have influenced your weight.

You made reference to being unable to exercise at all due to an injury. Did your injury limit the use of your upper body or just your lower body? If you are able to use your arms for such an activity, an arm ergometer may be perfect for you. It is a device that sits on a table top or is mounted on a stand, and it looks like bike pedals that you grab and work with your arms. It's a good way to at least get your heart rate up for some aerobic activity which may at least help you feel better physically, as well as give you a feeling of some control. A quickie search on Amazon gives a few products ranging from $45 for a little tabletop version to $3,000 for a deluxe standing model.

I wish you best of luck on your journey.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

It also depends on what type of exercise you do. If you lift weights and increase your muscle mass you may increase in muscle weight yet get smaller as in the size clothes you wear because it will make you lose bodyfat weight. Also if you are a woman you have potential to lose water weight as you may be retaining. The most I have lost is 9 lbs in 2 weeks, but some of that may have been water. I lift heavy weights and have been for 2 years though so short term goals probably can't duplicate that much weight loss in a short amount of time.