Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat!

Old 08-09-2010, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

So true 01gt4.6!
Old 08-09-2010, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

This is definitely a great post! I love how direct it is -- very honest, and I admire that.

I have made excuses in the past, but no more. I am so ready to live a better life and know that I can make the change.

Thanks Mike for your words and inspiration.

Congrats on your success!
Smoosh
Old 08-10-2010, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator

thanks aarany.

Originally Posted by smooshmcsmeesh
This is definitely a great post! I love how direct it is -- very honest, and I admire that.

I have made excuses in the past, but no more. I am so ready to live a better life and know that I can make the change.

Thanks Mike for your words and inspiration.

Congrats on your success!
Smoosh
thanks and congrats to you for putting your excuses aside! KNOWING that you can make the change is key. You have to believe in YOURSELF. I always say, 'I don't believe in me, no one else will!'

I'm glad that this post has helped so many people. The fact is, I also turn back to it for a little kick in the pants.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

Jeez this is an old post! But I'm pretty new and this is the first time I've seen it. I agree with the fact that we only have ourselves to blame. Last Christmas I bought my parents a nice scale, (wierd present but they wanted one.) And when I weighed myself I was surprised to see that I weighed 235! I didn't even know I was that fat until that moment. Over the winter playing ice hockey and watching my eating I lost 15 pounds. Then I had a wrist surgery and was sedentary again for a few months, gaining about 10 pounds or more back.

When the spring came my orthopedic surgeon cleared me to lift weights. I got a gym membership and dusted off my TT PDFs and I decided that this time it was going to be for real, that this time I would eat right, stick with the program and get results.

I was sick of feeling sorry for myself and having shame about my weight and my body, so it was time to make some changes and lots of sacrifices.

I discovered fitday by a recommendation from Turbulence Training. And The day I found fitday I felt an overwhelming sense of empowerment. This was the tool that would help me to achieve my ultimate fitness goals.

Well about a month has gone by since I've joined. I've learned so much in such a short time, about myself, about nutrition, and about life. Not to mention the results I have been able to achieve in such a short time using this tool.

I started on July 6th weighing in at 225, On August 6th I weighed 214. I've lost 11 pounds in just a month, 4 inches off my waist, and 3.5 inches off my chest! My weight training is really making a difference in my strength and body composition, but without fitday I would not have been able to keep my eating habits in check and lose fat.

I went from eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted to a meticulous, calorie counting, portion weighing inspiration of willpower! My confidence is at an all time high in recent years, and I could not be more excited to continue this journey.

Conditioning myself to not accept failure in this endeavor is spilling over tenfold into all other aspects of my life, and I am becoming a more complete person.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

midwestj,

that is such an awesome story, congrats on your success. This may sound strange but I can almost "hear" the excitement in your post. What is your goal?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:24 AM
FitDay Member

Midwest j What is your age, height and sex? what type odf work do you do? What type of calorie deficit are you trying to accomplish? I notice you and I have about the same results in about the same amount of time. We eat simalar but you seem to eat more calories than me. Just curious more than anything.

Originally Posted by midwestj
Jeez this is an old post! But I'm pretty new and this is the first time I've seen it. I agree with the fact that we only have ourselves to blame. Last Christmas I bought my parents a nice scale, (wierd present but they wanted one.) And when I weighed myself I was surprised to see that I weighed 235! I didn't even know I was that fat until that moment. Over the winter playing ice hockey and watching my eating I lost 15 pounds. Then I had a wrist surgery and was sedentary again for a few months, gaining about 10 pounds or more back.

When the spring came my orthopedic surgeon cleared me to lift weights. I got a gym membership and dusted off my TT PDFs and I decided that this time it was going to be for real, that this time I would eat right, stick with the program and get results.

I was sick of feeling sorry for myself and having shame about my weight and my body, so it was time to make some changes and lots of sacrifices.

I discovered fitday by a recommendation from Turbulence Training. And The day I found fitday I felt an overwhelming sense of empowerment. This was the tool that would help me to achieve my ultimate fitness goals.

Well about a month has gone by since I've joined. I've learned so much in such a short time, about myself, about nutrition, and about life. Not to mention the results I have been able to achieve in such a short time using this tool.

I started on July 6th weighing in at 225, On August 6th I weighed 214. I've lost 11 pounds in just a month, 4 inches off my waist, and 3.5 inches off my chest! My weight training is really making a difference in my strength and body composition, but without fitday I would not have been able to keep my eating habits in check and lose fat.

I went from eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted to a meticulous, calorie counting, portion weighing inspiration of willpower! My confidence is at an all time high in recent years, and I could not be more excited to continue this journey.

Conditioning myself to not accept failure in this endeavor is spilling over tenfold into all other aspects of my life, and I am becoming a more complete person.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks GT, my goal weight is 175, but after I get there I'm not done, I love lifting and I'll move on to some natural bodybuilding.

Justawalker,

Male
23 years old
5-10
214lbs
My calorie intake is 2300-2400 and I run a pretty consistent deficit of 950-1000 calories. I try to maintain something close to a 30-30-40 macro (fat/prot/carb.) I am younger so my metabolism is probably higher and thats why I can eat more.

The workout program I follow is from an e-book called Turbulence Training. It focuses on doing supersets of compound lifts followed by high intensity interval training. The lifting takes about 25 minutes and the intervals take 20. Its very high intensity, and effective, also saves me from spending more than an hour in the gym.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the good posts MWj. I am also in St. Paul and believe FITDAY will be key in my future success. I just signed up yesterday. I am 243 at six feet and would be killer at 185. My first goal is 225 by October 1st.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default lots of good points in OP...

but - it's not that simple! Obviously, you do not have problem with thyroid. Just because the thyriod condition is overused by many people as an convenion excuse not to do much but bitch about the extra weight, it does not mean it's not a valid reason / big obstacle when trying to lose weight.

I am on medication for thyroid since y. 2000 (seeing endocrinologist 2x/year for checkup and meds ajustment) and it's not like you take a pill and all the symptoms are gone. Some of them are gone, some of them relieved, some of them stay...the gained weight stays and it's VERY hard to move the right direction, energy level - very low too.... Weight loss - can be done -but it's not as easy as you describe it, trust me! I have had great success in past (now I am back cause I just quit smoking and gained about 15 lb ) - 0.5-1 lb / per week by precise and carefull monitoring-rotating calories & moderate cardio - moderate because my energy level is very low, I need to do everything in baby steps).

all I am saying, what works for one (you) may not work the same way for somebody else... your post oversimplyfy the weight loss problem (with a good intention, no doubt about that)

nevertheless, congrats to YOUR success and thanks for trying to motivate others

anad
Old 08-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by anad64
but - it's not that simple! Obviously, you do not have problem with thyroid. Just because the thyriod condition is overused by many people as an convenion excuse not to do much but bitch about the extra weight, it does not mean it's not a valid reason / big obstacle when trying to lose weight.

I am on medication for thyroid since y. 2000 (seeing endocrinologist 2x/year for checkup and meds ajustment) and it's not like you take a pill and all the symptoms are gone. Some of them are gone, some of them relieved, some of them stay...the gained weight stays and it's VERY hard to move the right direction, energy level - very low too.... Weight loss - can be done -but it's not as easy as you describe it, trust me! I have had great success in past (now I am back cause I just quit smoking and gained about 15 lb ) - 0.5-1 lb / per week by precise and carefull monitoring-rotating calories & moderate cardio - moderate because my energy level is very low, I need to do everything in baby steps).

all I am saying, what works for one (you) may not work the same way for somebody else... your post oversimplyfy the weight loss problem (with a good intention, no doubt about that)

nevertheless, congrats to YOUR success and thanks for trying to motivate others

anad

Maybe you need to find a new doctor? Seriously, because if your thyroid is regulated by meds it is not an excuse. Once your thyroid is regulated you CAN lose the weight if you want to, by eating healthy and getting active. And when you do that you will see your energy levels increase.

People get fat for different reasons but everyone who wants to lose the fat needs to do the same thing. Eat healthy and Get active.

It is not easy but anyone can do it once they stop making excuses and make the choice to start living healthy.

Congrats on the quitting smoking and good luck on losing the weight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.