Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #121 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
staceyalberta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wetaskiwin, Alberta Canada
Posts: 360
Default

Finally got around to reading this thread & think it's GREAT!!!!!!! we all got fat due to excuses. those that deny that aren't really 100% ready for the journey. that or they are worried about not succedding so setting themselves up as to why they didn't get there, AGAIN!

things may make losing weight more of a challenge, genetics, medicial conditions, etc, but that NEVER counts for 100% of weight gain. never even accounts for 50% of your weight gain that means the majority of weight gain is within our control. i gained weight, because of my crappy attitude & excuses when i got over that i lost 83 lbs in 5 months. i then recently gained back 11 lbs, becuase i let the 'stinking thinking' creep back in & my crappy attitude & excuses slowly started to come back. i'm happy to be back on track to lose those 11 lbs.
__________________
~ Stacey ~
_____________________________________________]
http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...=staceyalberta
~ Highest weight 2008 223 lbs
~ Feb 10/11 weight 167.2 lbs sigh
~ Feb 16/11 weight 158.8 lbs sigh
~ Feb 25/11 weight 157 lbs
~ Mar 9/11 weight 155.6 lbs
~ Goal 140 lbs
staceyalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:58 PM   #122 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
Default

I think it's okay to be direct and face the fact that being overweight is our reality. Excuses are a reality as well. I always give into wallowing when I'm down about my weight and I know that's when I need to exercise the most. I'm married to a doctor and what his teachers taught him is that no matter how tired you are and no matter how long of a shift you had, make time to exercise. I figure if he can do that, I can too. My schedule is way lighter!

Last edited by IBcash; 10-17-2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Please do not insert links in your posts
codyfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #123 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2
Default Not heard anymore excuses from me since my first post

Ok - thought I post an update on how well this thread has inspired me, (and to keep it at the top for others to see)
I first posted on 20 August, recognising all the bad habits in everything 01gt4.6 said.

I STOPPED making excuses that day.

I now love the swimming and walking I do, I look forward to the heat in my muscles overnight and the next day.

My clothes are literally hanging off me, I've got 1 more notch on my belt left to go, then I'll need a new one. People are starting to comment on me looking slimmer. I feel more full of energy, as I've stopped eating junk. And the things I thought I'd miss - I don't.

...nd I keep coming back to this post and re-reading it to remind me.

Starting Weight - 19 Aug 2010 = 281.25 lbs
Last Weight - 16 Sep 2010 = 259.5 lbs
Total lost in 5 weeks = 21.75 lbs
Ultimate Loss Goal - 1 Jan 2011 = 100 lbs

20% done... one foot in front of the other

Once again - Thanks 01gt4.6
OtisPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #124 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1
Default Protein?

How do I get more protein m=in my diet? My pie chart of foods shows 40% fat, 42% carbs and only 17% protein
startnow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:21 PM   #125 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisPT View Post
Ok - thought I post an update on how well this thread has inspired me, (and to keep it at the top for others to see)
I first posted on 20 August, recognising all the bad habits in everything 01gt4.6 said.

I STOPPED making excuses that day.

I now love the swimming and walking I do, I look forward to the heat in my muscles overnight and the next day.

My clothes are literally hanging off me, I've got 1 more notch on my belt left to go, then I'll need a new one. People are starting to comment on me looking slimmer. I feel more full of energy, as I've stopped eating junk. And the things I thought I'd miss - I don't.

...nd I keep coming back to this post and re-reading it to remind me.

Starting Weight - 19 Aug 2010 = 281.25 lbs
Last Weight - 16 Sep 2010 = 259.5 lbs
Total lost in 5 weeks = 21.75 lbs
Ultimate Loss Goal - 1 Jan 2011 = 100 lbs

20% done... one foot in front of the other

Once again - Thanks 01gt4.6
Great job Otis!!!!!!

Keep up the amazing work, I'm happy for you and so glad that I could help!
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:23 PM   #126 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by startnow1 View Post
How do I get more protein m=in my diet? My pie chart of foods shows 40% fat, 42% carbs and only 17% protein
chicken, lean beef, steak, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, protein suppliments.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #127 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
almeeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,742
Default

Can I tell you how often I've heard excuses from people since reading this post, it had never really occurred to me that people did this so often. Lots of people ask me questions about how I've lost so much weight, and as I answer the questions, I read their body language, eye rolling, shoulders slumping, general deflated sagging motions. And then they start in on the list of excuses, and more than once I've said "if you really want to make a change for yourself you have to get to the point where making excuses for yourself becomes inexcusable". Now having said that I am getting up tomorrow morning and I'm getting that workout started on time, no excuses!
__________________
Starting weight: 244.6 lbs. 10/01/09
Pounds lost: 80.6 lbs
Current weight: 164 lbs
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #128 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by almeeker View Post
Can I tell you how often I've heard excuses from people since reading this post, it had never really occurred to me that people did this so often. Lots of people ask me questions about how I've lost so much weight, and as I answer the questions, I read their body language, eye rolling, shoulders slumping, general deflated sagging motions. And then they start in on the list of excuses, and more than once I've said "if you really want to make a change for yourself you have to get to the point where making excuses for yourself becomes inexcusable". Now having said that I am getting up tomorrow morning and I'm getting that workout started on time, no excuses!
well said. Kinda like what i said at the beginning of this video. YouTube - p90x day 56 update with pics
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #129 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 232
Default

I remember a while back I posted in here. I thought I would update you how I'm doing.

Since July 6th when I started fitday I have lost 21.5 pounds. I took a week off from training last week. From 225 to 203.4

This monday I am starting a contest on ttmembers.com. It's a 12 week before and after photos contest. In the first 12-13 weeks I lost 20+ pounds and 13.25 total inches. Over this 12 week contest I want to lose 18-20 pounds again, which will put me at my target of 180-185, and I should be at about 10-12% bodyfat by then.
__________________
Jason

It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. ~Muhammad Ali

You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures. ~Charles C. Noble
July 6th 2010: 225 lbs, 24% body fat
Nov 30th 2010: 181 lbs, 12% body fat
Dec 28th 2010: 177 lbs, 11% bf
Total weight loss 48 lbs.
midwestj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:17 PM   #130 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestj View Post
I remember a while back I posted in here. I thought I would update you how I'm doing.

Since July 6th when I started fitday I have lost 21.5 pounds. I took a week off from training last week. From 225 to 203.4

This monday I am starting a contest on ttmembers.com. It's a 12 week before and after photos contest. In the first 12-13 weeks I lost 20+ pounds and 13.25 total inches. Over this 12 week contest I want to lose 18-20 pounds again, which will put me at my target of 180-185, and I should be at about 10-12% bodyfat by then.
wow, that's some great progress. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to see the pics. Thanks for the update!
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weight loss tips

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2