FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   The daily weight loss tips. (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/7184-daily-weight-loss-tips.html)

changish 04-16-2012 10:58 PM

The daily weight loss tips.

Do you know the daily weight loss tips?weight loss tips is a very important things of our life.

Change to everyday coffee due to the fact coffee beverages at retailers has added calories, owing to full milk, whipped cream, sugar, and sugary syrups. A cup of standard espresso, possessing skim milk brewed with excellent beans, tastes excellent and also has much less calories.
Use skimmed milk since it is superior in calcium and very low in calories. For coffee, use nonfat powdered milk.
Desire consuming cereal for breakfast five days a week. Next this, you will consume a lot more fiber and calcium, and less excess fat than people that consume other breakfast food items.
Choose obtaining meals in your own home. We're additional possible to take in additional - actually, extra high-fat, and high-calorie foods- once we consume out than eating in your house.
Make an effort to take in little by little and put your fork or spoon down following every bite. Consume h2o typically and discuss about your day together with your spouse. When you try to eat little by little, you would feel contended together with your meal.
Take in only whenever your belly would like meals. Commonly outside of boredom, nervousness, routine, or frustration; lots of us unnecessarily have food. In order to have a little something distinct, it truly is most likely a craving, not hunger.
Want flavorings like sizzling sauce, salsa, and Cajun seasonings in lieu of butter and creamy or sugary sauces. These flavorings not only give flavor with no excess fat and handful of calories, nevertheless the spicy ones also turn up digestive fires, creating your system to burn extra energy.

KoolKatUK 04-18-2012 11:19 PM

Drastically reduce things such as bread, white pasta, noodles, sugar, cakes (although these last two are a bit obvious :D ) and potato in the form of crisps, chips, roasted or mash.

If you want to keep eating potatoes, pasta and bread, opt for wholemeal/granary types but keep it to a minimum and baked potatoes are best.

Be wary of fruit juice - it might be tasty and full of vitamins (depending on the juice) but is loaded with sugary calories. :eek:

Also, if you get a craving for chocolate, try a couple of squares of dark chocolate (letting them melt slowly in your mouth). It's richer so should satisfy you for less. I've also heard of people freezing chocolate as it takes them much longer to eat it which results in them eating less of it.

Alternatively try munching on some dates. Medjool dates are the nicest I've tried so far - they have the texture of the caramel from millionaire shortbread and are lovely and sweet with lots of fibre and vitamins. As with fruit juice though, don't overdo it with these. :)

beccafries 04-19-2012 04:26 AM

lots and lots and lots of WATER

shawnbell 04-19-2012 06:52 AM

Be aware of your eating habits and the balance between Carbs, Protein, and Fats. I also think proper sleeping habits will help as well! Oh dont forget exercise!:p

TrainersRoom 05-08-2012 08:59 PM

A great weight loss system is just to eat Naturally. I agree with your weight loss tips. Your Weight Loss Tips are so interesting and very useful for me.

raulndee 06-04-2012 03:34 AM

I noticed that drinking "sparkling water" with my meals helps fill me better than tap/bottled water. There are no additional calories and it actually helped my kick my diet coke addiction.

RunbikeSki 06-04-2012 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by raulndee (Post 82731)
I noticed that drinking "sparkling water" with my meals helps fill me better than tap/bottled water. There are no additional calories and it actually helped my kick my diet coke addiction.

I'm with you... sparkling water just has that extra kick that makes it feel like something other that plain old H2O. I guess it is just the carbonation :p

catebert 06-04-2012 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by changish (Post 79047)
Do you know the daily weight loss tips?weight loss tips is a very important things of our life.

Change to everyday coffee due to the fact coffee beverages at retailers has added calories, owing to full milk, whipped cream, sugar, and sugary syrups. A cup of standard espresso, possessing skim milk brewed with excellent beans, tastes excellent and also has much less calories.
Use skimmed milk since it is superior in calcium and very low in calories. For coffee, use nonfat powdered milk.
Desire consuming cereal for breakfast five days a week. Next this, you will consume a lot more fiber and calcium, and less excess fat than people that consume other breakfast food items.
Choose obtaining meals in your own home. We're additional possible to take in additional - actually, extra high-fat, and high-calorie foods- once we consume out than eating in your house.
Make an effort to take in little by little and put your fork or spoon down following every bite. Consume h2o typically and discuss about your day together with your spouse. When you try to eat little by little, you would feel contended together with your meal.
Take in only whenever your belly would like meals. Commonly outside of boredom, nervousness, routine, or frustration; lots of us unnecessarily have food. In order to have a little something distinct, it truly is most likely a craving, not hunger.
Want flavorings like sizzling sauce, salsa, and Cajun seasonings in lieu of butter and creamy or sugary sauces. These flavorings not only give flavor with no excess fat and handful of calories, nevertheless the spicy ones also turn up digestive fires, creating your system to burn extra energy.

While I agree for the most part, some of these suggestions do not apply depending on the diet you are following, i.e. fat-free/low-fat is not appropriate for Lo-carb diets. Generally speaking tho, very sound advise.

A couple of other tips I have learned over the years:

When you plate your food do not cover the border part of the plate, just the middle part. The plates we use today are about 25% bigger than they were in the past.

NEVER go back for seconds. If you have taken adequate portions the first time, put down the fork, drink a glass of water, get up and walk around, leave the table, walk the dog - in others words, do ANYTHING else. The feeling will pass. If you are still hungry after all that, have a piece of fruit, a lo-cal or low-carb dessert (whichever is appropriate for the diet you are following).

Hope these tips help - while I have only started 'dieting' a week ago, these two tips have helped me at least maintain the weight I was at without gaining for 10 years.

wasranch 06-19-2012 07:41 AM

I know with the low carb diets this may not always work, but I find that if I eat my first helping during a meal and I am still hungry I go back for the low calorie, nutrient dense foods like vegetables. I also find that eating more meals during the day (only smaller) keeps me from craving the fatty, processed foods. The last one that really seems to work for me is to eat processed food including white and brown sugar, white flour, artificial sweeteners, flavors and colors etc. as little as possible. If it looks like it does in nature.... then it is what I will be more likely to eat. I have found ways of substituting more natural foods for processed ones. Butter over margarine(all fat in limited amounts, but we all do need to take in some fat in our diets) ,Wild rice or Quinoa instead of white rice etc. It is all about choices. Finding foods that are as natural as possible.

liverpoollynne 06-21-2012 06:51 AM

Fruit and chocolate.

If your family need a sweet after eating, cut an apple, banana, pear, melon , strawberries, in fact any fruit that you have into bit sized pieces.

Melt about 6 squares of chocolate with a drop of skimmed milk in the microwave or bain Marie.

Then everyone can sit and dip the pieces of fruit in the chocolate, of course do a quick dip in and out, that way the ratio will be more fruit less choc.

You will not feel deprived in anyway, and it is a healthy desert for the family even if they don't need to lose weight, and really yummy.....

wasranch 06-21-2012 07:12 AM

another great dessert is to simply take fresh fruit (my favorites for this are pineapple and peaches) cut them into large pieces, then grill for just a little while. It warms and softens the fruit a little and it brings out some of the sweetness. If you really need the fruit sweeter then use a little agave or honey drizzled over it after you are done grilling. My other favorite dessert is simple "ice cream" or frozen dessert. Take canned fruit and freeze the whole can. (use unsweetened fruit) then when you want the dessert take the can out, open both ends and dump in your food processor. Blend it till it is almost like sorbet. Or use frozen bananas and do the same it ends up being a lot like ice cream.

JaimeMWS 07-05-2012 09:41 AM

Interesting research reported in Science News Daily about the role of protein in feelings of satiety. How a protein meal tells your brain you're full Another study referenced on the same page supports the tip about exercise. Apparently exercise increases the neurons that tell us we are "full."

pilateslondon1 07-18-2012 04:46 PM

The daily weight loss tips

In order of loosing weight exercises is very help full, it will provide strength to our body by burning calories and keeps away from the diseases. also diet should be according to the exercise because it will effect the weight loss.

Reginald71 07-25-2012 11:50 PM

Protein-wealthy foods increase metabolic process and permit the body burning fat quickly. Proteins also maintain leanness of muscle tissue and repair them. Care ought to be taken to pick the calorie-low proteins to avoid piling.

asantesoul 07-26-2012 07:29 AM

Protein does not increase your metabolic rate (metabolism). It only contributes to a higher TEF(Thermic effect of feeding/food). Increased protein won't lead to a smaller waist line. In fact, any additional protein above your body's needs will simply be converted to glucose, or be converted to fat (assuming you are eating more than your body's maintenance calories)

My advice to anyone trying to reduce FAT is to:

-Calculate or determine your body's metabolic rate (and perhaps daily energy expenditure) and eat at a deficit. So, if your basal metabolic rate (maintenance) is 2000 calories, reduce this amount by %10, or %20 percent (20% deficit = 400 calories = 1600 calories to eat everyday)

-Determine a sufficient quantity of macronutrient per mass that you should consume... If you are trying to lose fat predominantly, for instance, consume more foods higher in fat (mono/poly & some sat.), moderate protein, and reduce carbohydrates.

-Increase your energy expenditure by incorporating resistance training into your routine. The process of lifting weights, or engaging in resistance exercises greatly increase your energy expenditure and helps preserve lean mass during a calorie restriction

-reducing carbs doesn't have to be daunting...get on google and start looking for ways to modify carb heavy meals to make it more appropriate. For example, you dont need to reduce pasta's! I love pasta for my tuna pasta salads...instead use a product such as, "dreamfields" pasta.. its 41 grams of carbs, but only 5 are digestible while the opther 36 grams of carbs are indigestible cellulose fiber (laymans; there is only 5 grams of carbohydrates your body will absorb, the other 36 doesnt get absorbed)... by making this easy swap you can enjou pasta's to your heart's content! It is low glycemic, and tastes great!

-avoid eating excessive amounts of high glycemic fruits (bananas/watermelons) when you don't need to...or, at the very least, eat it with something high in fat (almonds) to reduce the spike in insulin some high glycemic fruits have on insulin.

-if possible, try and reduce the amount of meals you eat a day (if possible!) Meal frequency is not of absolute importance, but everytime you ingest food, insulin decreases fat from being oxidized (fat burning stops). When in the fasted state, you allow your body to burn fat as fuel (don't worry, contrary to popular belief, you will not slow your metabolism or put on fat if you go 2-4 hrs without eating, that is a fact!)

-Of course, we all know it, sleep! It's important to get adequate rest to allow for muscle growth, fat oxidation, cellular repair, etc.

There are a ton of other things but, I will wait for feedback or questions. Good luck to everybody on their unique goals! :)

madsewam35 08-02-2012 11:11 AM

Did you know you can actually lose more weight & keep your metabolism fired up longer by doing 3-to-4 shorter 10-minute workouts instead of 1 big 30-to-40-minute cardio workout?
A research study at the university of Pittsburgh found that women who split up their 40 minute cardio workouts into 4 separate 10 minute cardio workout sessions during the day LOST 20 pounds while… the group of women who did one big 40 minute cardio workout only lost 14 pounds and…
The reason why more shorter workouts are better is because you never give your fat burning metabolism a chance to slow down.

inflamesjester 08-05-2012 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by asantesoul (Post 86203)
instead use a product such as, "dreamfields" pasta.. its 41 grams of carbs, but only 5 are digestible while the opther 36 grams of carbs are indigestible cellulose fiber (laymans; there is only 5 grams of carbohydrates your body will absorb, the other 36 doesnt get absorbed)... by making this easy swap you can enjou pasta's to your heart's content! It is low glycemic, and tastes great!
:)

:eek: No way. Pasta that tastes good and only has 5 grams digesible carbs? I have searched and searched, but have not found anything like this. The closest I have found was the shiritaki noodles and I could not stomach them at all, the "rubber" texture and strong flavor was the definition of "yuck" to me. I threw the ones I bought out.

I will look for this dreamfields pasta asap. I am an italian on a diet and for me to give up pasta was the hardest thing ever. I eat very, very small amounts a day now (usually a "smart ones" or "healthy choice" single at about 300 cals)

If this pasta is even close to a tolerable replacement, I will thank you forever :)

canary52 08-06-2012 02:35 AM

Try not to eat past a certain hour (8pm) unless you're really starving.

Realize that if you stop eating certain foods (like sugar, if you can call it a food) you do stop craving them as much.

Don't beat yourself up if you make a mistake. We all do. Just move on. The biggest diet saboteur is thinking, "I blew it already I might as well go whole hog." Go half hog. You pigged out on cookies? OK treat the next meal or snack like a whole new start not a continuation of a bad trend.

And yeah sparkling water rocks.

purplelacie 08-06-2012 03:33 AM

Hey guys, I am not trying to promote this product... but I am on a super low carb diet to improve my health and someone recommended that I try "miracle noodle"... they are amazing!!! Even Rachel Ray talks about them... so glad I found them.

soleran 09-08-2012 03:56 AM

One tip I have that's pretty simple it breakfast:

Oatmeal such as rolled oats or steel cut, high in fiber and very filling.

Typically if I have rolled oats I mix in something like peanut butter and I'm good until lunch.

The steel cut oats I make more like a stew and throw in carrots, celery and garlic and make it a savory breakfast sometimes to thicken it up I'll also cook in 2 egg whites.

Both of those are low calorie and high in fiber.

Another trick I'll use if I'm finding myself super hungry at lunch is puree some sort of beans and make a bean patty out of them with some egg whites.

Once again high in fiber, low in calories and fills you up since it is relatively low calorie so you can eat more to fill the stomach.

carolinamanroe 09-23-2012 06:30 PM

Yes

The best way for weight loss is keeping well control on your diet such as no fast food,oily and unhealthy good if possible stay away from sweet. Regular exercise is very important. Drink some mild water early in the morning. :)

morphasia 09-24-2012 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by soleran (Post 88773)
Oatmeal such as rolled oats or steel cut, high in fiber and very filling.

The steel cut oats I make more like a stew and throw in carrots, celery and garlic and make it a savory breakfast sometimes to thicken it up I'll also cook in 2 egg whites. Both of those are low calorie and high in fiber.

Super DOOPER tip, I eat steel cut oatmeal every morning with protein powder, blueberries and walnuts ... but I'm going to try your idea of egg whites :)

Another tip is when grocery shopping, only shop on outside aisles to get produce and healthy vegetable carbs, protein, and some dairy like yogurt. Who needs all that boxed, canned crap in the inner aisles that are filled with salt, fat and sugar ! You will come home and feel so proud and good :) :)

SteviaHall 09-24-2012 11:46 PM

Sugary diets can increase your overall caloric intake and lead to weight gain. Limit your sugar to 6-7 teaspoons per day. The best option is using natural sweeteners like Stevia, which has 300 times the sweetness and is calorie-free.

connell1212 11-22-2012 05:08 PM

I have come across this kind of tips for losing weight for the first time. I really liked the information shared by you above. I would love to adapt to advice provided by you above. I hope it might help to lose some weight in a healthy way.

SkinnyWallflower 11-29-2012 04:52 AM

Think logically about your weight loss

When you are heavier you burn more calories, when you lose weight you burn less. It takes burning 3,500 calories to lose only 1lb. This means that it won't get easier to lose it'll get harder. Your body does not want to lose weight; it wants to maintain. This is why when you exercise or diet you get so hungry. It's ok and also neccessary to feel hungry sometimes. I personally like to go to bed hungry.
Be mindful of your diet. Try not to significantly increase your intake with your exercise. If you burn 400 calories it doesn't give you a right to eat 400 extra calories. Yes, you will feel hungry. If you keep it up though eventually your body will need less and less calories to thrive and when you get to your goal weight and quit trying to lose your body will start to level out and you won't need to feel hungry anymore!
:p

[email protected] 11-30-2012 03:35 PM

H. i am here. i am feel well to join your community. we can loss our weight by daily exercises. also drink plenty of water instead of food.

anneyauster 04-29-2013 10:41 PM

1. Eat vitamin-filled melon followed by protein-rich egg for the perfect fat fighting breakfast. The eggs even break down the melon's carbs.
2. Swap your regular cheese for goat's cheese. It's 40 per cent lower in calories than cheese made from cow's milk.
3. Drink oolong tea instead of water. The combination of caffeine and EGCGs will burn 12 per cent more body fat.
4. Choose spinach ahead of other greens. It packs double the fibre, which helps your body process fats more efficiently.
5. Eat more berries to lose weight. Other fruits contain fructose, which can combine with carbs to add body fat.

wynderlin 05-08-2013 06:29 AM

3 tips that have helped me:
When given a choice of beverage sizes always get a small. I find that I get a craving for a latte, frozen drink etc and getting a small always satisfies that craving. A larger size gets consumed because I bought it but I also consume extra calories!

Buy good quality chocolate, preferably in small square portions or similar and I allow myself that little bit every night. Chocolate craving during the day, I can put it aside because I KNOW I have a great piece waiting for me in the evening :-) I really don't get as many of those hard to control chocolate cravings as I used to since I started doing this.

Measure; get a food scale (it's worth the $, not really all that much) and use your measuring cups.

MissClara 02-20-2014 10:35 PM

Good to know !!

weightloser1234 02-21-2014 05:22 PM

eat naturally, avoid junk or fatty foods and drink lots of water.

arianagrand 02-25-2014 08:09 PM

thank you for sharing this tips

-------------------------------

marcoguizar 02-25-2014 11:00 PM

More than weight loss, eating good is necessary. Weight is itself going to reduce and exercising is a must.

venusfactor 02-26-2014 12:01 AM

Rep: Daily weight loss tips

I think regular exercise is the key of weight loss. If you do it according to a guideline, hopefully you will see good result soon.

weightloser1234 02-27-2014 04:46 PM

great and never expected before. good, good tips here.:cool:

rinaharry 03-01-2014 09:07 PM

most definitely drink plenty of water, the tips of member here are very good

weightloser1234 03-03-2014 04:46 PM

healthy eating is always fruitful. so, i think your tips are good at all.

NightRider07 03-12-2014 06:26 PM

I think weight loss is too easy if you are focused on it and also determined one. Only difficulty is lack of patience and determination. If you Keep your self in touch with your plane for long time with a daily routine then you have done most of your task. I personally do exercise on daily and also weigh my body. I think it is the best way to know the results.

weightloser1234 03-13-2014 12:43 AM

Thanks. It is a nice post here.

RebeccaJhon 03-21-2014 06:46 PM

the daily weight loss tips

The Weight loss is not a very difficult task. With some useful tips a person can easily reduce his weight. These are some few simple tips and I am sure that you people will like.
Drink more water
Avoid fast food
Do a walk daily
Eat less quantity food
Do exercise daily
Drink fruit juice or eat fruits and vegetables.

Beley1984 04-03-2014 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by KoolKatUK (Post 79258)
Be wary of fruit juice - it might be tasty and full of vitamins (depending on the juice) but is loaded with sugary calories. :eek:

Better drink less fruit juice.. rather eat fruits and veggie above all. Many Filipinos had been proven healthy, never been experiencing sickness for quite eating these healthy foods. Also, it contains less calories than other foods and contains nutrients helping body to keep healthy and alive. If you have an overweight, you can involve with your diet aside from veggie and fruits some carbo-rich foods such rice or bread. Weight loss requires exercise, and exercise also requires some of these food. If you have a normal, you can only eat fruits and veggie to maintain your weight and good health. NOTE: You can add carbo-rich foods if necessary depending to level of your daily activities.