FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   The daily weight loss tips. (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/7184-daily-weight-loss-tips.html)

wasranch 06-21-2012 07:12 AM

another great dessert is to simply take fresh fruit (my favorites for this are pineapple and peaches) cut them into large pieces, then grill for just a little while. It warms and softens the fruit a little and it brings out some of the sweetness. If you really need the fruit sweeter then use a little agave or honey drizzled over it after you are done grilling. My other favorite dessert is simple "ice cream" or frozen dessert. Take canned fruit and freeze the whole can. (use unsweetened fruit) then when you want the dessert take the can out, open both ends and dump in your food processor. Blend it till it is almost like sorbet. Or use frozen bananas and do the same it ends up being a lot like ice cream.

JaimeMWS 07-05-2012 09:41 AM

Interesting research reported in Science News Daily about the role of protein in feelings of satiety. How a protein meal tells your brain you're full Another study referenced on the same page supports the tip about exercise. Apparently exercise increases the neurons that tell us we are "full."

pilateslondon1 07-18-2012 04:46 PM

The daily weight loss tips

In order of loosing weight exercises is very help full, it will provide strength to our body by burning calories and keeps away from the diseases. also diet should be according to the exercise because it will effect the weight loss.

Reginald71 07-25-2012 11:50 PM

Protein-wealthy foods increase metabolic process and permit the body burning fat quickly. Proteins also maintain leanness of muscle tissue and repair them. Care ought to be taken to pick the calorie-low proteins to avoid piling.

asantesoul 07-26-2012 07:29 AM

Protein does not increase your metabolic rate (metabolism). It only contributes to a higher TEF(Thermic effect of feeding/food). Increased protein won't lead to a smaller waist line. In fact, any additional protein above your body's needs will simply be converted to glucose, or be converted to fat (assuming you are eating more than your body's maintenance calories)

My advice to anyone trying to reduce FAT is to:

-Calculate or determine your body's metabolic rate (and perhaps daily energy expenditure) and eat at a deficit. So, if your basal metabolic rate (maintenance) is 2000 calories, reduce this amount by %10, or %20 percent (20% deficit = 400 calories = 1600 calories to eat everyday)

-Determine a sufficient quantity of macronutrient per mass that you should consume... If you are trying to lose fat predominantly, for instance, consume more foods higher in fat (mono/poly & some sat.), moderate protein, and reduce carbohydrates.

-Increase your energy expenditure by incorporating resistance training into your routine. The process of lifting weights, or engaging in resistance exercises greatly increase your energy expenditure and helps preserve lean mass during a calorie restriction

-reducing carbs doesn't have to be daunting...get on google and start looking for ways to modify carb heavy meals to make it more appropriate. For example, you dont need to reduce pasta's! I love pasta for my tuna pasta salads...instead use a product such as, "dreamfields" pasta.. its 41 grams of carbs, but only 5 are digestible while the opther 36 grams of carbs are indigestible cellulose fiber (laymans; there is only 5 grams of carbohydrates your body will absorb, the other 36 doesnt get absorbed)... by making this easy swap you can enjou pasta's to your heart's content! It is low glycemic, and tastes great!

-avoid eating excessive amounts of high glycemic fruits (bananas/watermelons) when you don't need to...or, at the very least, eat it with something high in fat (almonds) to reduce the spike in insulin some high glycemic fruits have on insulin.

-if possible, try and reduce the amount of meals you eat a day (if possible!) Meal frequency is not of absolute importance, but everytime you ingest food, insulin decreases fat from being oxidized (fat burning stops). When in the fasted state, you allow your body to burn fat as fuel (don't worry, contrary to popular belief, you will not slow your metabolism or put on fat if you go 2-4 hrs without eating, that is a fact!)

-Of course, we all know it, sleep! It's important to get adequate rest to allow for muscle growth, fat oxidation, cellular repair, etc.

There are a ton of other things but, I will wait for feedback or questions. Good luck to everybody on their unique goals! :)

madsewam35 08-02-2012 11:11 AM

Did you know you can actually lose more weight & keep your metabolism fired up longer by doing 3-to-4 shorter 10-minute workouts instead of 1 big 30-to-40-minute cardio workout?
A research study at the university of Pittsburgh found that women who split up their 40 minute cardio workouts into 4 separate 10 minute cardio workout sessions during the day LOST 20 pounds while… the group of women who did one big 40 minute cardio workout only lost 14 pounds and…
The reason why more shorter workouts are better is because you never give your fat burning metabolism a chance to slow down.

inflamesjester 08-05-2012 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by asantesoul (Post 86203)
instead use a product such as, "dreamfields" pasta.. its 41 grams of carbs, but only 5 are digestible while the opther 36 grams of carbs are indigestible cellulose fiber (laymans; there is only 5 grams of carbohydrates your body will absorb, the other 36 doesnt get absorbed)... by making this easy swap you can enjou pasta's to your heart's content! It is low glycemic, and tastes great!
:)

:eek: No way. Pasta that tastes good and only has 5 grams digesible carbs? I have searched and searched, but have not found anything like this. The closest I have found was the shiritaki noodles and I could not stomach them at all, the "rubber" texture and strong flavor was the definition of "yuck" to me. I threw the ones I bought out.

I will look for this dreamfields pasta asap. I am an italian on a diet and for me to give up pasta was the hardest thing ever. I eat very, very small amounts a day now (usually a "smart ones" or "healthy choice" single at about 300 cals)

If this pasta is even close to a tolerable replacement, I will thank you forever :)

canary52 08-06-2012 02:35 AM

Try not to eat past a certain hour (8pm) unless you're really starving.

Realize that if you stop eating certain foods (like sugar, if you can call it a food) you do stop craving them as much.

Don't beat yourself up if you make a mistake. We all do. Just move on. The biggest diet saboteur is thinking, "I blew it already I might as well go whole hog." Go half hog. You pigged out on cookies? OK treat the next meal or snack like a whole new start not a continuation of a bad trend.

And yeah sparkling water rocks.

purplelacie 08-06-2012 03:33 AM

Hey guys, I am not trying to promote this product... but I am on a super low carb diet to improve my health and someone recommended that I try "miracle noodle"... they are amazing!!! Even Rachel Ray talks about them... so glad I found them.

soleran 09-08-2012 03:56 AM

One tip I have that's pretty simple it breakfast:

Oatmeal such as rolled oats or steel cut, high in fiber and very filling.

Typically if I have rolled oats I mix in something like peanut butter and I'm good until lunch.

The steel cut oats I make more like a stew and throw in carrots, celery and garlic and make it a savory breakfast sometimes to thicken it up I'll also cook in 2 egg whites.

Both of those are low calorie and high in fiber.

Another trick I'll use if I'm finding myself super hungry at lunch is puree some sort of beans and make a bean patty out of them with some egg whites.

Once again high in fiber, low in calories and fills you up since it is relatively low calorie so you can eat more to fill the stomach.