FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge Discussion Thread (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/7105-fourth-july-lose-10%25-your-body-weight-challenge-discussion-thread.html)

mecompco 04-02-2012 02:44 AM

Fourth of July Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge Discussion Thread

It's time for a new challenge! We'll start today and go 'til the Fourth of July, a nice 90 day plus a few time frame.

A 10% loss is purely arbitrary and may or may not be right for you.

Like previous challenges we'll keep this thread for discussion and the other one for check-ins. We'll "copy and paste" the latest post and add our new info. Let's keep the list in alpha order by user name for ease of reading.

I like to list starting weight, then pounds lost and percentage, but to each his/her own.

To calculate percentage of body weight lost, you simply divide pounds lost by starting weight. Ex: 10 pounds lost, starting weigt of 185 equals .054 or rounded down, 5%.

Let's do it!

Regards,
Michael

tonkajen 04-02-2012 03:13 AM

Considering I am up 4 lbs over last week (?!) I need much incentive.

frenchhen3 04-13-2012 02:49 AM

Michael,

How often do/should we update?

frenchhen3 04-16-2012 01:53 AM

Gnatt, just saw your post on the other 10% thread! Congratulations on reaching your mini goal!

mecompco 04-16-2012 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by frenchhen3 (Post 78830)
Michael,

How often do/should we update?

That's purely up to you! Some folks update weekly or more often, I tend to update when (if, as of late!) I have a loss.

Regards,
Michael

Jezwood 05-09-2012 04:29 AM

Fourth of July Challenge

Hi All, this is my first day on FitDay so I am sorry if I didn't post this in the correct order. To give you a quick update on my story I have lost 115lbs and it has taken me 5 years to do it. But slow and steady keeps it off. Right now I am at a VERY BIG plateau and am trying to do everything I can to get the weight moving. I am hoping this Challenge and any advice I can get will help me get back on track. I was researching vitamin supplements when I came across FitDay and liked what I read.

mecompco 05-09-2012 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jezwood (Post 80790)
Hi All, this is my first day on FitDay so I am sorry if I didn't post this in the correct order. To give you a quick update on my story I have lost 115lbs and it has taken me 5 years to do it. But slow and steady keeps it off. Right now I am at a VERY BIG plateau and am trying to do everything I can to get the weight moving. I am hoping this Challenge and any advice I can get will help me get back on track. I was researching vitamin supplements when I came across FitDay and liked what I read.

Welcome to FitDay and please do join our Challenge. To post in the Challenge Update thread, "copy" the latest post, open a new reply, do a "paste", then add your own username and info in alphabetical order. If you have any questions, just ask!

Regards,
Michael

bojibridge 05-30-2012 01:54 AM

FINALLY got around to starting the challenge! As I said when I started, I knew I would get a late start, but here I am! My goal isn't really 10%, it's more like 6 lbs, so that's my goal.