Notices

Follow my weight loss journey

Old 03-26-2010, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

I wasn't able to read what the O.P. wrote but maybe she was following such a processed diet because portion, calories and content is much easier to count than making your own food. The label on the box tells you the calories and everything (supposedly) making it easy to count the calories. With that said, I would never, ever think of going "processed" to lose weight, be there done that. Once I stopped eating that way the weight came back on - the only thing that works is lifestyle changing and that means avoiding the processed foods because they are loaded with chemicals that I believe keep us fat! Just my 2 cents!
Old 03-26-2010, 03:58 PM
FitDay Member

I was one of the early posters in response to Kristibelli's post. Frankly since she made a point of stressing her profession I think we were remarkably gentle in our feed back. Cassie, I love the idea of diet profiles based on psychological profiles.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

Well...this entire thread has lead me to believe it's bad to eat frozen foods..ever. When I get home from school, I usually eat a lean cuisine or something because it's low calories...and helps me stick to 1360 calories a day. I don't come home and make a separate meal. I'm tired and have homework and...yeah I'm not wasting an hour or whatever when that could be used for something else.But is this really that bad to eat a frozen dinner for dinner?
The rest of the day..I usually eat real food (yogurt has sweetner in it though).

In any case...I agree it is not a great diet to only eat low cal snacks and packeged foods...honestly, your body gets no nutrition, (it may be low cal...but they are all empty calories, useless calories) and they are loaded with carbs compared to eating fruits and vegetables. Weight loss on such a diet may never come...how could anyone ever satisify their hunger? I didn't read the original post, and I'm sorry if she was offended...but I think all these things that people have said should be taken into account and then therefore benefit her in the long run.

Krist, I hope you eventually reach your weight loss goal. Healthy eating makes you feel good, and it's more likely to bring the results you want. Buena Suerte
Old 03-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

No, it's really not bad to eat frozen dinners. If it works for you, do it. No one is going to be nutritionally 100% perfect all the time. I did see the original post and the link and I think the concern was that most of the foods were processed and snacky-type stuff.

I had the same experience looking at the Hungry Girl website...lots of her tips are useful, but a lot of her suggestions have artificial sweeteners, which I don't like to use. So I take what helps and ignore the rest.

One could make the argument that eating according to the OP's plan (and I don't recall it exactly and it's gone now) and losing weight is better than the health risks of being obese, but it's true there are better choices food-wise.

I think everything in moderation is a good motto. That includes frozen dinners, diet sodas, occasional indulgences. I think that if you have a pretty good balance the rest of the day, the frozen dinners are just fine, IMO.

Bottom line is, nobody can tell you how to do your diet...because nobody is experiencing the results but you. I think the deal was that she came in to ask for feedback and then got upset when she received it. I don't see this as a somebody's right - somebody's wrong situation, just conflicting opinions and maybe the way both sides presented their opinions.

So don't pitch the Lean Cuisines .