Originally Posted by snafuken
How do you rid yourself of this hideous lifestyle?
What has helped you change from a " Live to eat" person,
to an " Eat to live" person.
What works ?? What doesn't ??
I applaud those that have learned to win against this struggle,
and not continually sercome to the desire to eat for the sake of eating.
Any Shrinks out there ??
Here's a few tips that I learned along the way that have helped me...
- Focus on the present moment rather past and future
- Make the decision a "must" instead of a "should"
- Visualise yourself in your perfect body
- Make the reason to eat healthy be bigger than the reason not to
- Don't ban yourself from favorite foods, you will crave them more
- Eat smaller portions but more of them
- Exercising makes you want to eat healthy
- Exercising gives you serotonin/endorphin release instead of relying on food for your endorphin fix, reducing comfort eating.
All the best,