FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   Water (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/6768-water.html)

LoraLove 02-24-2012 08:16 AM

Water

Hey everyone! Make sure you get 64 oz of water everyday! It really does help. You don't have to guzzle it all down in one sitting. Just sip it throughout the day. Did you know that thirst sometime represents itself as hunger so you may feel hungry but really be thirsty. Try some water before opening the fridge. Good luck! :)

VitoVino 02-24-2012 10:19 AM

Good tip

And there's more for you:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post68920

meking703 02-25-2012 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 73991)

Hey Vito - there's something funky about that link. it starts to load, and then the page "blinks" and gives the following message: "No thread specified"

M

handcycle2005 02-25-2012 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by meking703 (Post 74137)
Hey Vito - there's something funky about that link. it starts to load, and then the page "blinks" and gives the following message: "No thread specified"

M

Until it gets fixed, as soon as you see the page load, hit the "Esc" key (Windows) and it won't blink and the page works normally.

VitoVino 02-26-2012 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by handcycle2005 (Post 74138)
Until it gets fixed, as soon as you see the page load, hit the "Esc" key (Windows) and it won't blink and the page works normally.

Good tip. That's weird, now the Forums seem to be on the blink. Pretty soon maybe we'll have to wave a raw chicken over our heads while chanting "Hare Krishna" to get things to work. :D

beccafries 03-05-2012 06:16 AM

H2O help tremendously.... i have a bottle with me always

fit4luv 03-07-2012 07:20 AM

Divide and Conquer

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sport/t31108.gif
I totally agree on drinking plenty of water. There are so many reasons water is good for our systems. Flushing out toxins being one of them.

LoraLove, you're giving a great example of how to divide and conquer. With help of others on this site, I've finally found a method that works for me using that principle.

Keep on dividing & conquering folks! It's doable.

ETA: I realize this is an old thread, but am so eager to encourage people to drink plenty of water.

beccafries 03-28-2012 02:40 AM

they said drink half your body wt...so if u weigh 200lbs..u only suppose to drink 100.0 oz water a day.

Boagie 04-07-2012 01:04 AM

Works for Me!!

I started drinking water a few years back and found that I got hooked on ICE water.... bottle water does not work for me or water without ice..... load that glass up and make it super cold and it quenches my thirst.

Since then I have 3 8oz cups of decaf coffee in the morning and then the rest of the day it's ice water..... late in the day, I ad a little apple or orange juice and splenda to taste. This has allowed me to completely give up ice tea and diet soda altogether.

I have to be careful though, that I don't drink too much water so I try to limit my ice water intake to about 4-5 16oz glasses per day....

It took a little to get used to at first to switch to ice water, but now it is like I am addicted to it.....

Give it a try.....:)

TrainersRoom 04-10-2012 09:54 PM

Water is one of the most over looked secrets of weight loss. If you're trying to lose weight and stay on a diet you should drink at least eight big glasses of water a day. Thanks for sharing with us.

RAmelia 04-28-2012 12:30 AM

Love water but it wasn't always that way.

A lifesaver for me is a product called True Lime. Sold at most supermarkets, it's crystallized lime (also comes in lemon and orange) in little pouches equivalent to 1 wedge. I drop one or two in my water at the gym or at work and end up drinking 8 glasses of water plus daily without realizing it.

I also keep a couple in my purse, wallet so when I go out to eat it is easier to just order water with my meal versus Coke, etc and add it to my water.

bongatforums 05-04-2012 06:01 PM

Water

Never viewed water like this!
Will start drinking 8 glasses of water everyday!

Happyhawk 05-09-2012 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by RAmelia (Post 79947)
Love water but it wasn't always that way.

A lifesaver for me is a product called True Lime. Sold at most supermarkets, it's crystallized lime (also comes in lemon and orange) in little pouches equivalent to 1 wedge. I drop one or two in my water at the gym or at work and end up drinking 8 glasses of water plus daily without realizing it.

I also keep a couple in my purse, wallet so when I go out to eat it is easier to just order water with my meal versus Coke, etc and add it to my water.

I also love the True Lime, Lemon and Orange and carry them with me everywhere. Just a little bit of flavor in the water helps me drink a lot more.

SaraBiston 05-09-2012 11:36 PM

Quite Informative

I think as much as water you drink is helpful for you. According to me drink a glass of water in every hour. Water plays an essential role in weight loss also. :)

Jho82 05-15-2012 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Gosudizayn (Post 80384)
same with you but it doest work for me and i feel i am getting weight when i drink water for some reason

You may not be getting enough water if this is the case.... If your body thinks that it is not getting enough, it will "retain" any water that it does get. If you drink more than your body will just release the extra instead of holding on to it. I don't know if this is factual information but this is what I believe and it works for me! I drink min 80 oz/day - makes a huge difference in my energy levels! :)

beccafries 05-16-2012 05:46 AM

Yes, water is very important!! least 64oz daily is a great start

crystawaston332 07-04-2018 12:48 AM

Lora, you have shared great tips with us. That's the main reason I keep my stainless steel water bottle with me for whole day. Drinking of water helps to maintain the balance of our body which is very important for us

GlennMarss 07-15-2018 08:58 AM

Good tip.so true Water is good to maintain the balance of body.it's good for your immune system and for your kidney stones as well but to make sure your kidney excrete the excess water properly.Thanks

thomassusan322 07-18-2018 10:46 PM

I am unable to intake 64 oz of water every day, any substitute?

kliotski 07-25-2018 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by thomassusan322 (Post 139100)

maybe some high-hydrated vegets/fruits like watermelon/cucumber

----------------------
[email protected]

BarneyBunch 07-31-2018 09:51 AM

It is so helpful to have a water cooler right across the room from where I work. Sitting at a desk all day is rough, but at least I am able to get up and get a drink of water whenever I want.

mnge 07-31-2018 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by thomassusan322 (Post 139100)

unless super thirsty its not fun drinking water. Have to have fruit of some sort in mine, like 1/2 a lemon slice or dash of lime juice. Tried grapefruit squeeze in water the other day, it was really good.

patilpoojasc 07-31-2018 06:37 PM

Water is the most common liquid on Earth. It covers about 72% of the Earth. Pure water has no smell, taste, or colour.

Lakes, oceans, and rivers are made of water. Precipitation is water that falls from clouds in the sky. It may be rain (liquid) if warm, or it may be frozen if cold. If water gets very cold (below 0 degrees Celsius), it freezes and becomes ice, the frozen variant of water. If water gets very hot (above 100 degrees Celsius), it boils and becomes steam.

Water is very important in life. However, some studies suggest that by 2025 more than half the people around the world will not have enough water.

LashaundaRau 08-01-2018 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by LoraLove (Post 73976)
Hey everyone! Make sure you get 64 oz of water everyday! It really does help. You don't have to guzzle it all down in one sitting. Just sip it throughout the day. Did you know that thirst sometime represents itself as hunger so you may feel hungry but really be thirsty. Try some water before opening the fridge. Good luck! :)

Hey. I get 60 ounces of water a day. I feel great. To get a sufficient amount of water per day is important.